[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6
File: Deadpool movie poster.jpg (906 KB, 1728x2560) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool movie poster.jpg
906 KB, 1728x2560
Criticize this movie without mentioning "meme" or "reddit".
>>
>>68021262
capeshit
quipshit
>>
>>68021262

Generic.
Boring.
Unfinny.
>>
I liked it.
>>
Cringeworthy humor that only a bunch of hiveminded 'so randumb!' Autists on the Internet could enjoy.
>>
>>68021262
Literally Meddit: the reme
>>
>>68021262
reddit, memes
>>
Its to comedy what jump scares are to horror
>>
File: 1460139833126.webm (180 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
1460139833126.webm
180 KB, 480x400
>>68021262
>>
>>68021262
it's bad
>>
>>68021365

vernacular of a 12 year old
opinion discarded
>>
It's capeshit
>>
>>68021382
so reddit memes?
>>
>>68021262
Why would I actively avoid the two terms that better describe the movie?

Its a shit comedy
Its a shit action movie
Its a shit cape movie

The comedy tries to be cool, but its neither smart or funny. The delivery and timing on most jokes is terrible. They are fucking comedy amateurs, and the bar is not that high to begin with.

So I will just go with memes and reddit for a lack of better description
>>
I can't really think of anything negative to say about it

It's a straight forward story, it's fun, basic use of flashback as a narrative device that also masks the budget limitations

shit is good
>>
>>68021262

>over the top action scene
>flash back
>origin story
>tiny bit of action
>end fight
>over

Deadpool was funny, but felt like it had no production value, no memorable action scene and a avengers-tier shit villain.
>>
>>68021262
I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my seat for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky superhero movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
>>68021425
gaylord
>>
>>68021416
this, just a bunch of references the laziness of which is comparable to any episode of family guy. referencing something does not equal a joke. it's like people like the movie because they think they're smart for getting the references. ironic, also, that deapool makes fun of those superhero movies but does nothing to differentiate itself aside from stale jokes you'd hear from that autist who sat by himself in 7th grade spouting dave chappelle quotes.
>>
>>68021262
Gets old pretty fast, sells itself as anti-capeshit while it uses the same stale tropes and obligatory yawn-inducing origins story.
>>
>>68021262
it wasn't as bad as 4chan says it wasn't as good as reddit says
>>
>>68021262
4chan ;')
>>
>>68021471
I'm curious anon

How do you differentiate comedy from quips and reddit memes?
>>
>>68021471
>Ayy quirky superhero movie lmao
This sums up the movie. Its big bang theory tier comedy but with cursing and blood.

>>68021487
>t's like people like the movie because they think they're smart for getting the references
Exactly like tbbt then
>>
>>68021487
you realize that's the core concept behind Deadpool, right?

He's just not a fundamentally good character anon
>>
>>68021577
>The movie was supposed to be shit!
Then what are discussing here?
>>
>>68021615
He is not talking about the movie, anon.
>>
It's a meme reddit movie
>>
>>68021459
Yeah, shame about the budget cuts.

Had not for it, we would get 3 henchmen instead of just Gina Carano. In the original script, there was a highway bike chase between Deadpool and Ajax, Deadpool vs one of Ajax's henchmen in the strip club, and Deadpool not forgetting his guns in the cab which results in him slaughtering Ajax's men ending with him finishing off the last henchman.
>>
The opening was pretty awkward.

Bland set locations.

Final fight felt...unfinished?

Bland actor for the villain.
>>
>>68021262
It is a sample of the average public likes. It has every cliché mixed with childish and 'random' humour. I can understand the favour of the public but not the one from the critics.
>>
>>68021663
Ajax was a shit villain. Completely forgettable. He doesnt even have a memorable super skill to at least give an interesting fight.

Im glad I didnt have to get through 3 different actions scenes against him. He was stalling most of the movie. In no part of the movie he had a single chance of actually winning.
>>
>>68021675
>Final fight felt...unfinished?

7 million dollaridoos budget cut.
>>
>>68021615
I don't think the movie was shit though anon, it just sounds like you walked into the theater expecting Deadpool to not act like Deadpool. If anything, the thing I liked about the movie the most was how fucking awesome Gina Carano was in it, and how someone in a super hero movie actually casted a woman who could pull off the super heroine look without copious amounts of makeup and a cast iron bustier.
>>
>>68021553
>two of those posts were mine
>I only got one (You)
What the fuck
>>
REME MEDDIT
too fucken easy
>>
cheap
>>
>>68021720
Having him hide behind his super girlfriend for the whole movie only to have her actually prove herself to be a credible threat was pretty great imo
>>
>>68021262
>Wade Wilson is supposedly a "special forces operator" turned "mercenary"
> uses two (2) Desert Eagle pistols chambered for .50 AE
>literally a shit-tier firearm infamous for its constant jamming, useful only in the CoD franchise
immersion ruined

>inb4 "he has swords too"
Two dumb choices don't make a smart choice.
>>
>>68021262
The movie rubbed me the wrong way in how it tried to cater to people rather than try to tell a story. It seemed that it was trying to stuff too many memetic jokes circulated on the internet about deadpool instead of trying to be his own character based on the comic. The character wasn't bad, but the story was pretty lame. I would have liked an even focus on story and character rather than completely focused on character.
>>
>>68021824
Wade is also a giant fucking dork who thinks using impractical and flashy weapons makes him look cool
>>
File: 1422929551399.jpg (47 KB, 575x630) Image search: [Google]
1422929551399.jpg
47 KB, 575x630
>>68021824
>taking this movie seriously
>>
>>68021824
you didn't at least like the counting of bullets?
>>
>>68021884
>Wade is also a giant fucking dork who thinks using impractical and flashy weapons makes him look cool
...and yet he was using a Browning Hi-Power (correct me if I'm wrong) when threatening the pizza guy at the beginning of the movie.
>>
>>68021997
yeah well he also wasn't functionally immortal at that point either

you could probably make a case that the severe trauma he endured to get his super powers caused him to regress somewhat mentally, but the real reason is because that's what he uses in the comics.
>>
>>68021824
>true to the comics
>He's pretty much immortal so who gives a fuck what weapons he uses
>>
>>68021262
Not a marvel film, therefore is shit.
>>
It was very hit and miss. Like it was funny when he had the little baby hand but I cringed at the 'did I leave the stove on XD'
>>
>>68022105
It actually is a disguised MCU film just with blood and swearing.

I hope this shit doesnt destroy the Kino-men franchise. I dont want the next X-men to be a quipfest.
>>
>>68021262
Outside of the action scenes, everything was shot extremely blandly like a shitty romcom.
>>
>>68021262

The Anons that hate this, also hate Baneposting.

Says it all, really.
>>
File: im16.png (3 MB, 1850x866) Image search: [Google]
im16.png
3 MB, 1850x866
>>68021262
Reminder
>>
>>68022413
you realize that's already happening, right?

various famous X-Men are being killed off in the comics as we speak so they can have their mutant powers replaced with similar versions via scientific procedure

If this keeps up the concept of mutants are going to be killed off in the Marvel Universe entirely.
>>
>>68021262
it was reme and meddit
>>
>>68022682
Or Daredevil pretty much, once they got street level it was shot virtually shot for shot like how they would shoot an interior scene in Daredevil or Jessica Jones.
>>
>>68022728
I love how this image just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
>>
>>68021395
you absolutely crazy person!
>>
File: 42f5ce85.png (356 KB, 658x357) Image search: [Google]
42f5ce85.png
356 KB, 658x357
>>68021754
Here's a courtesy (you)
>>
>>68022993
I love how it blatantly contradicts itself
>>
>>68021577
>implying there are such things as bad characters and good characters
So you think Superman in BvS is a better character than Deadpool in Deadpool, right?
>>
I feel like Deadpool shouldn't have a true happy ending where he gets the girl and can live a stable life.

Honestly my only complaint. I know it would have given the movie a much more serious tone if at the end Francis killed Vanessa then Deadpool gets the hero speech about how revenge will make him a monster.
Though I do enjoy cheesy scenes like that
>Colossus: Don't let the hatred consume you, don't let it make you a monster.
>Deadpool: No. Francis made me a monster. I just have to live with it.
>>
>>68023249
why the FUCK would I watch anything related the Man of Steel, anon? The hallmark of wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others.

that said I think you can definitely do some great stuff with Superman as a character- possibly moreso than with Deadpool, but that's more due to the fact that Superman has a legitimate supporting cast while Deadpool is more suited for one note joke panels.
>>
>>68023347
They'll probably touch back on that in any sequels that happen anon. After all, Vanessa isn't without vices of her own, and just because his cancer is cured, that doesn't mean his good times with her are going to last forever.
>>
>>68022413
I agree.

Fox don't know what to do with Deadpool's success, and if it was up to them Deadpool would have never seen the light of day. But they want that money now. They are already making the next Wolverine R, greenlighting Deadpool for years and looking at putting him in an X-force movie. I'm happy for them to milk him in everything but the main franchise, his character would ruin any of the gravitas Fassbender, Macavoy and Holt might bring in (fuck the rest of the cast). The only thing keeping him out of a cameo in every X-man movie is that their timeline is 30 years or so behind him.
>>
>>68021338
>capeshit
but deadpool has no cape? hello?
>>
>>68023347
It's too soon to do Darkpool, expecially when they are trying to parody Disney's capeshit. It's pretty obvious that a scarred schizophrenic and a jaded call girl aren't a perfect match, they'll tear them apart in the sequel.
>>
>>68023470
Deadpool is decades old now, he doesn't have Superman's grand villains but he has a core of supporting characters that are way more fun than fucking Lois and Jimmy.
>>
>>68023149
Yep. Bill Burr on the same picture than H3, shaking my head family.
>>
>>68024409
not to mention Doug FUCKING Walker
>>
>>68022728
>>>/v/
>>
It's a fun movie to watch and I'm not autistic enough to complain that my expectations of the greatest movie ever were not met.
>>
File: 1460146620476.jpg (1 MB, 1850x866) Image search: [Google]
1460146620476.jpg
1 MB, 1850x866
>>68022728
reminder
>>
>>68021471
you have issues dude
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.