[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watch movie >character takes drag off a cigarette >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: tina-fey-eye-roll.jpg (98 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
tina-fey-eye-roll.jpg
98 KB, 500x362
>watch movie
>character takes drag off a cigarette
>the cigarette crackles loudly
>>
Do non-smoker actors have to smoke real cigarettes if the scene calls for it? Or are there fake, acting cigarettes?

I've never smoked a cigarette before and this is one of the things that scares me in case I ever go into acting.
>>
File: 1435820471808.png (77 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1435820471808.png
77 KB, 268x284
>>68018955

they have herbal cigarettes that make your breath smell nasty.

>scares me in case I ever go into acting

lol ok pal
>>
>>68018955
if you're scared of smoking a cigarette you're probably not cut out for acting
>>
>>68018955

There are herbal cigarettes, Cancer Man on X-files is a non-smoker and he used those.
>>
>>68018955
it'll be one of the last things you should ever or will ever worry about if you 'go into acting'
>>
>>68019049

Sex/nude scenes and risky stunts seem a lot worse. It's how plenty of actors get their start since they don't have a choice, but they later regret it.

Smoking is actually long-term dangerous though.
>>
>>68018955

> go into acting

its not gonna end well for you
>>
>>68018955
>afraid of smoking

How are you ever going to suck enough dick to get into acting?
>>
>>68018913
>watch tv show
>guy pulls out a cigarette
>gets interrupted before he can light it
>>
>>68018913
>Watch flick
>Character picks up a handgun
>Simply touching it causing it to make clicking noises
>Aiming it, swings it around in another direction
>CLACK
Like it's full of fucking loose ball bearings or something
>>
>>68018955
>one of the things that scares me in case I ever go into acting.
I have a cousin that acts. His biggest fear is gay casting directors that want "favors" for a role of which there are a lot. So fake cigs are way down the list.
>>
>>68019105
you fuckin mong, the point is you're never gonna "get into acting." you'll fail just like everyone else.
>>
>>68019105
there is literally nothing wrong with a nude scene for any actor ever
>>
>>68018955

You've never smoked a cigarette? How much of a fag are you?
>>
>>68019197
I'm not actively trying to. It just might happen.
>>
>>68019247
>I'm not actively trying to. It just might happen.
acting careers don't grow on trees. unless you actively pursue such a thing, I guarantee you will never act in anything
>>
>>68019231
False.
>>
>>68019247

Oh yeah sure, I bet Martin Scorsese will give you a bell one day and say "Anon! You've got help me! I've been looking for the lead for my new big movie and you're perfect! I'll give you $10 million if you say yes!"
>>
File: what.png (348 KB, 722x371) Image search: [Google]
what.png
348 KB, 722x371
>>68019247
explain to me the mental scenario you have wherein you somehow get into acting by a fluke and you have to smoke cigarettes.
>>
>>68019274
Thanks, that's reassuring.
>>
>>68019333
Maybe you're walking down the street and a director shouts: "You! You look perfect for a role in my upcoming film!"

He's a good director with a very specific vision in mind so he won't take no for an answer. Maybe it's a minor/non-speaking role so you don't need acting experience.

BUT critical to that character is that they smoke. It can't be written out. You have to smoke a cigarette.

And before long you're addicted to cigarettes, and you get typecast as smoking characters, because the director's other director friends all know you're willing to smoke on film.
>>
>>68018955
you puff in the smoke but don't inhale. there are fake cigs but the real deal doesn't compare/
>>
>In a film set during the 50's last year
>Everyone is smoking in the movie
>Mid budget indie film so they don't get those low scent herbal cigs they make expressly for movies, they get cloves
>The set smells like an Easter ham's asshole everyday and so does everyone on set

I swear it got in our skin to the point you couldn't scrub it out. I was gagging in wardrobe every morning from the smell by the tenth day.
>>
>>68019472
>He's a good director with a very specific vision in mind so he won't take no for an answer

You're going to be in a snuff film and cigarettes are the least of your worries.
>>
the dangers of smoking are blown out of proportion. smoking five fags for a motion picture won't kill you
>>
>>68019652

Well sure, but what about cigarettes?
>>
>>68019716
actors will gain or lose 50 lbs for a role. light up pussy
>>
>>68019750
The joke.

Your head.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 262x200
>>68019247
>Be Leo
>Poor as fuck
>Wageslave at Kinko's
>Copying bake sale leaflets when suddenly some eccentric old Canadian bursts in
>I'M STARTING FILMING ON TITANIC IN 2 HOURS AND ERIC BOGOSIAN JUST QUIT, I NEED A NEW JACK DAWSON!
>WHICH OF YOU NIGGERS WANTS TO BE IN A MOVIE?
>We lock eyes for a few seconds
>You, the faggot in the ballcap, get a haircut and meet me at the set. I'm going to make you a star
True story
>>
>>68019818
But he was a star on Growing Pains long before he was in Titanic. He was also in his best film, Critters 3 before Titanic. I don't think that story is true, Anon.
>>
>>68019818

The exact same thing happened to Viggo Mortensen.
>>
>>68019312

>I have to smoke? Sorry Martin I'm out. I've got Eric Robert's number though.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.