[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you prefer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: flarrow.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
flarrow.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
Flash or Arrow?
I used to like Arrow, but since The Flash aired I've taken a liking to that, the characters are move enthusiastic, it's more humorous, and the villains tend to be more interesting. What do you think? What's your opinion?
>>
>>68007553

You hit it on the head, and there's a good reason for that, Arrow's writer left after S2 to work on Flash.

Arrow is pretty fucking lame these days and it's barely his show anymore thanks to Felicity.
>>
File: 1459466370442.png (4 MB, 1848x1734) Image search: [Google]
1459466370442.png
4 MB, 1848x1734
Daredevil
>>
>>68007553
Arrow was ok in S1, great in S2, then it went all to shit.
Flash is better in every way.
>>
>>68007575
>
I'll be honest, it has gone to a pretty low level these days, but hopefully it will get better during season 5... As to Felicity, she's just straight up turned into a bitch lately, especially after what happened after Oliver and his son
>>
>>68007585
Tried getting into that, but it seemed very quiet and uneventful to me, but that's just my opinion. I don't really see what the hype is about.
>>
>>68007595

I wouldn't say that it's better in every way, Arrow has some great fight choreography, and somewhat decent story lines, but I just watch it now because it's a habit.
>>
DCs Legends of Tomorrow

Is the best superhero show out there at the moment.
>>
>>68007553
Flash I guess? Arrow's just shitty, but I never bought into the hype on Flash. I feel like everyone just loses their shit over it because they reference something most of the time
>>
>>68007709
It is a very good show, but it's not very 'Super'. It was annoying that Kronos turned out to be Mick Rory, but I don't think that they always intended to do that. I am glad they did though because it opened the opportunity to see Sarah Lance in the League of Assassins again, and it was even better to see Matt Nable as Ra's Al Ghul again.
>>
>>68007745
I found The Flash to be a great series since the pilot. It was great, the action scenes were awesome, and they gave enough information to provide a sense of sorrow for Barry Allen, and a certain level of hatred for the Reverse Flash.
>>
>>68007651
>uneventful

Thats the last thing it is. Yea sure its not all flash in the pan crazy CW cookyness but its definitely not that
>>
>>68007690

Arrow used to have good fight choreography until they made Laurel and Thea into masked fighters and those actresses are not physically fit to pull off a convincing fight sequence.
>>
>>68007859
I understand, that's I mentioned it being my opinion. I did watch the whole series, and didn't really like it a whole lot. But then again, I tend to be more biased towards DC shows... Daredevil turned out to have a good storyline and villains, Wilson Fisk was very well portrayed also. Can we talk about the long fight scene in season 2 episode 2? That was just sensational. Even better that the whole thing was done in one take.
>>
>>68007894

Laurel isn't much of a problem anymore now though. Damien Darkh, fuck you.
>>
>>68007553
entirely depends on the story
>>
>>68007940
you mean the stairwell fight against the bikers or the hallway russian one?
because the biker one wasn't done in one take.
>>
>>68007985
To what extent?
Story of the episode an the events that occur in that episode, or the storyline of the entire season?
If you mean by the season, then The Flash wins that contest 9/10 times.
>>
>>68007940
Well desu i dont know how you can have valid opinion when you just said you tend to be biased. And i know it was your opinion and you may not like it for other things but you said it was uneventful and from what you described there and what that word means i dont think its appropriate.

That stairwell scene was not done in one take.
>>
>>68007995
Ah, my mistake, I misunderstood what I had read. The fact remains, the fight scene was still sensational no matter how many takes were needed. I still haven't completed watching season 2 as I haven't had the time to. I prefer watching them one after another.
>>
>>68008023
bee girl eps vs gilded glider eps
go!
>>
>>68007553
Arrow is fucking shit. Flash is the only DC show worth watching.
>>
>>68008163
The Bee girl episodes are interesting, the most recent one didn't seem to intrigue me that much. Whenever she came up, you would expect a major 'hacking battle' between her and Felicity. I didn't notice any of that in 'To Bee a Hero', it was more based around the team being able to cope without Felicity not being around anymore.
Whereas Golden Glider episodes seem to interest me much more, what makes it even better is that she is Captain Cold's little sister. Also the potential romance between her and Cisco. That was very funny, it makes the episodes more comical.
>>
>>68008163
Gilded Glider is a good character.

Mostly because the best Peyton List is an absolute qt
>>
>>68008297
>>68008316
we must hack the bees vs freeze the lazers
>>
>>68008368
Hmm, which is cooler??????
>>
>>68008368
Man freezing the lasers (lazer is wrong you tard, it's an acronym) was "jump the shark" or "nuke the fridge" tier.
>>
>>68008385
supergirl kickpunch
>>
>>68008385

ice "shield"
>>
>>68008472
apparently shrapnel damage doesn't occur anymore
>>
>CW
Stands for Cucks Welcome, right? Fuck your shows.
>>
>>68007690
Constantly twirling is not fighting
>>
>>68008540
Actually, it stands for CBS and Warner Bros.
You might have found out if you managed to complete a task very complicated for someone with an IQ as low as yours. It's called 'Google-ing.

Insane, right?!
>>
Arrow really sucks ass these days. I really liked it season 1 and 2, it's a shame. Flash is way better these days.

They're both basically soap operas but at least the flash has humor.
>>
>>68008587
Yep
>>
>>68008582
its call UPN failing
>>
The Flash is decent (At least they do cool stuff with the source material)

Arrow is dog shit (Tumblr)

Supergirl lol

>>68008540

>tfw I loved Arrow, Flash, The 100 and iZombie and in the last two months I think they are all pretty bad now. Especially this season of Arrow and The 100, my god.
>>
>>68007651
>quiet and uneventful
The second half of s1 and basically all of season 2 are the total opposite of that
>>
>>68009740

What's wrong with iZombie, I think it improved on last season immensely.
>>
>>68009777

They all have just drawn out plot points way too long. Arrow and The 100 suffer from terrible writing and iZombie and The Flash have drawn out plot points way too long.
>>
Daredevil>Flash>Smallville>Arrow>>>Jessica Jones=Gotham>>>Supergirl
>>
>>68007585
God damn look at all that kino cinematography. Dick is in diamonds.
>>
Flash works so much better for the overall silliness of the shows.

Arrow S1 was pretty "down to earth" a lot of the time, so the wannabe batman stuff worked pretty well. But now that it's all magic and silly leather outfits the serious tone just looks so off. Especially when they do a crossover, then it becomes even more noticeable.

Still, I've feel I've sank to much time into the Arrowverse, so I'll just tough it out.
>>
>>68009839
Gotham is better than Arrow and Jessica Jones. Watch season two if you haven't. Season one was dog shit though.
>>
>>68009875
I really wish they hadn't given Diggle that stupid ass helmet.

What bothers me a lot with S4 of arrow is the god awful stunt choreography. All the fights with the ghosts are terrible, it's basically just a bunch of guys with guns running up to the heroes and getting punched in the face. And they have to interrupt the combats to throw in a scene for Laurels stupid screech.

I could live with the crappy soap opera stuff (except Felicity) if they at least had some decently entertaining action. But they don't.
>>
>>68007553
>watching this shitty sitcom cashgrab capeshit

Even as far as capeshit goes the network capeshit cashgrab shows are fucking terrible. How does anyone watch that shit.
>>
>>68009934
Yeah. For a show called Arrow starring the Green Arrow there's way to much fist fighting.

They should stick to their strengths and use more ranged fighting scenes instead. All Oliver uses his bow for these days are just gimmicky arrows that explode or shit like that.

I miss edgy Arrow where he killed people and gave no fucks.
>>
>>68007575
This. Arrow turned to shit in last few seasons. The Flash is bearable due to Tom Cavanagh and Zoom looking really badass.
>>68007709
LoT is just bad,cringe-worthy "acting" from Dominic Purcell/Wentworth Miller, lame story that will be milked for at least 2 seasons. Daredevil is far superior.
>>
>>68009839
I would just put Gotham a bit higher in that list.
>>
>>68007553
Flash is fun cheesy
Arrow is cringe
>>
File: supposedtobeanuclearbomb.jpg (90 KB, 1334x726) Image search: [Google]
supposedtobeanuclearbomb.jpg
90 KB, 1334x726
>>68007709
Thats the shittiest capeshow ive seen so far
The acting is awful, characters are bland af and change opinions every 2min
Those special effects are top-tier tho, but tricks like pic related are so cheap it hurts
>>
>>68008472
ahahahahahahah you faggots seriously watch this shit?
>>68008297
>The Bee girl episodes are interesting

ahahahahaha nigga stop
>>68007985
>story

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>68011089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BaOvM9jXKg
>>
File: 1444680080634.png (182 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1444680080634.png
182 KB, 442x341
>>68007632
>Oliver and his son
wait what
I dropped the show midway through season 3
when the fuck did this happen?
>>
>>68012638
Season 2? Whenever they flashbacked to sometime Ollie knocked up some chick in college and his mother paid her off to never contact Ollie again. Then in season 4 he bumps into her and he's like
>How you do-
And then he sees a kid and he shits himself
>>
>>68012690
huh I completely forgot about that
>>
>>68007709
I only watch it for the glimpses of Caity Lotz's ass.
>>
File: 1456760992023.png (1 MB, 1080x1072) Image search: [Google]
1456760992023.png
1 MB, 1080x1072
>>68008472
Supergirl has saved more people than Superman just in this one webm
>>
>>68012932
>HEY CAVILL
>HOW'S YOUR SUPERMAN SEQUEL
>>
>>68007585

It's like comparing apples and something a lot better than apples
>>
>>68007553

Arrow stopped being a show about comic book characters since Felicity took over the show, meanwhile, Flash is in season 2 and has introduced far more comic book characters compared to all of Arrow which has basically turned into a bad soap opera that the core audience no longer cares about.
>>
>>68011089
>mlp posters
>>
Both shows are shit. I haven't bothered watching season 4 of the arrow at all and I stopped watching season 2 of the flash a few episodes in.
>>
>>68012932
Yeah, Superman only saved the entire planet. Twice.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.