[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reimaging Sci fi for a female audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 250x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 250x337
>Mad Max: Fury Road was essentially Mad Max for girls
>Star Wars: The Force Awakens was basically Star Wars for girls
>The CBS Supergirl show is Superman for girls
>The Ghostbusters reboot is literally just Ghostbusters for girls
How long until they reimagine this sci fi classic with a female lead? Is anyone getting sick of this because its kind of lazy or do you want more movies and shows get remade with a female lead?
>>
It was already made by girls.
>>
I'm ambivalent. Fury Road was good, I actually liked TFA but Rey was written poorly. Supergirl is shit. Ghostbusters looks shit.

It really depends on the writing. If it's good, then I have no issue with female characters
>>
>>68005998
I don't give a shit about female vs male leads. I care that the characters be well written.

No one in Fury Road seems to have any characterization. Rey in TFA is perfect, everyone loves her instantly, and it makes her completely boring.

I couldn't get past the first episode of Supergirl. I didn't find the character compelling, and a lot of elements seemed cliche.

I've seen the Ghostbusters trailer. I wouldn't mind never seeing it again. It's not funny in the least; it's just cringey.

If studios are so interested in creating female leads, it'd be nice if they bothered to create interesting ones. Ripley is awesome. Buffy is awesome. The original Sarah Connor. George R.R. Martin writes great female characters. Hell, movies like Tokyo Gore Police and The Machine Girl have more interesting female protagonists than what the studios are currently putting out.

The current influx of female protags just aren't interesting. Jessica Jones isn't the most likable character, but she's deeply flawed and quite interesting.

It'd be nice if they never try to remake The Matrix at all.
>>
I don't think a female lead would attract female audience.
>>
They've already reimagined the directors as females.
>>
>"re-imagining" a classic film with a female lead

they only do this with cash grab movies, op.

>>68006890
10/10
>>
>>68005998
why even watch supergirl as a man? the only reason i could think of is if the girl youre trying to fuck loves it and you sit through an episode so you can make moves on her
>>
>Mad Max: Fury Road was essentially Mad Max for girls
Last time I check if I want to make a movie for girls I would put less car crashes in it
>>
When screening Deadpool, Reynolds noticed men AND women enjoyed his movie.

"I think the action and the humor is what appeals to women. The same thing - shock!"

His sarcastic shock is appreciated.

http://www.upworthy.com/ryan-reynolds-is-dropping-some-truth-about-women-and-superhero-movies
>>
if you haven't figured it out they throw in a few feminine characters and a feminine storyline so that a few women will go see it.

We already know men will see it. They needed to make it acceptable for a date movie and acceptable for women to go see without ridicule.

All the social media stuff about 'angry nerds trying to stifle the new female hero' is just marketing targeting women.
>>
>>68005998
>How long until they reimagine this sci fi classic with a female lead?

Pretty soon, and the female lead will also have a dick.
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>68006890
>>68006921
>>
File: 1459950678755.jpg (41 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1459950678755.jpg
41 KB, 420x420
>>68006890
Dank
>>
File: Autism.jpg (1 MB, 5246x3037) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
1 MB, 5246x3037
>>68005998
>I can't tell the difference between a movie that has female characters in the lead role, and movies actually about and for women
>>
>>68005998
what's your problem? do you hate women, man?
>>
>>68007227
>Films must be sexually segreated
>Being this retarded

Top kek
>>
>>68005998
If you gender swap Neo will he be a Mary Sue?
What about Sequel Neo?
>>
>>68007373
Wasn't he already a gary sue? I mean he got his powers way faster than everyone else plus he literally CHEATED DEATH
>>
>>68007474
What, can't all programmers cheat death?
>>
>>68007525
Well the other programmers in the film died (first one)
>>
>>68005998

Reminder Neo got reincarnated as a woman in The Matrix Online which the Wachawski sisters said was canon.
>>
>>68005998
I'll agree with you on everything except Mad Max. That was not for woman. Furiosa was a great example of a character, like Tarantino's Beatrix Kiddo, and Trinity from The Matrix, who were well written. Katniss Everdeen and that bitch from Divergent they ain't.
>>
>>68005998
>boys are sooo retro now
>>
>>68007680
Do you think they will do more matrix movies?
>>
>>68006756

This
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.