[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>such a lame social commentary >OMG it was like Snowpiercer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: high-rise-movie-poster.jpg (89 KB, 599x893) Image search: [Google]
high-rise-movie-poster.jpg
89 KB, 599x893
>such a lame social commentary
>OMG it was like Snowpiercer but in vertical lol

ITT: people who don't like it most likely didn't get it. Very much like A Field In England, this was about a slow descent into insanity.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-09-21h50m36s174.png (125 KB, 640x272) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-09-21h50m36s174.png
125 KB, 640x272
It was a poor adaptation though. I prefered by far A Field in England.
>>
>It's another Northern Ireland film made with lottery money.

They all have good concepts but are horribly acted and executed and 70% feature Colin Meaney. Is this one any different.
>>
>>68007220
The acting is really mediocre, but Ben Wheatley's cinematography is the only thing saving the movie. The adaptation work is terrible.
>>
torrent when?
>>
>>68007275
I thought Hiddlestone played it well.

Plus Sienna Miller can just stand/sit there it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>68007311
Still, the movie as a whole was a disappointment. I didn't really understand the architect's motive for example. He seems to drift into insanity and depravation for no reason at all.
>>
>>68005706
>about a slow descent into insanity.
For me it's like why would I want to watch a movie about this when I'm just living it in real life now
>>
Worth seeing it in the cinema?
>>
>>68007404
Well the whole building descended into anarchy.

Some of the occupants way of dealing with it was isolation and depression.

It was more Hiddlestones characters reaction that surprised me. I was expecting him to go to the top floor and be the hero but he just ends up going mad and eating his dog.

I liked it.
>>
>>68007479
He was just desperately trying to fit in I think. You add that to the fact he may have pushed someone to commit suicide after living through the passing of his whole family can be a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>68005706
Is this poster suppose to be an homage to "Nostalgia of The Infinite?
>>
It made me think of Lunacy (2005). I really didn't like the blurred narrative, but was it this way on purpose? I mean, the moment where it all goes to shit after the suicide is really sped up and I didn't really get why.
>>
File: TheNostalgiaoftheInfinite.jpg (26 KB, 264x592) Image search: [Google]
TheNostalgiaoftheInfinite.jpg
26 KB, 264x592
>>68007692
Probably futurist architecture and aesthetics in general, yeah.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.