[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Jungle Book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The Jungle Book.jpg (141 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
The Jungle Book.jpg
141 KB, 509x755
Just saw this.

It was decent. Visually immersive, it all looked and felt very real. Great performance from the kid, was really impressed. The story moved along well, showcasing all of the characters without feeling like any of the scenes were random or out-of-place.

Was disappointed with the end - Favreau just doesn't seem to know how to do an action climax. It was certainly better than the end of Iron Man 2 but still just felt lacking. Also there were two musical numbers - and those did feel way out-of-place. Either go full musical or don't do it at all, but two random songs is just fucking weird.

Probably go a 6/10.

Anyone else seen it yet? What were your thoughts? Also happy to answer any questions.
>>
I want to fuck that snake.
>>
How did you see it already?
>>
>>68002139
It was released a day ago here in Australia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040964/releaseinfo
>Australia 7 April 2016

Australia generally gets the big blockbusters a few days before the States - we always get the smaller movies like six months later than you, though.
>>
>>68002105
bump
>>
ausfag here, saw it last night. i agree that the very final confrontation was a little anticlimatic. my only other complaint though is scarjo's voice acting which is pretty horrendous, the Kaa scene itself was pretty cool but her acting was pretty bad. i liked the bear necessities song, because it didnt feel like baloo and mohgli were properly singing it, more like they were just having a comfy riff together which i liked. i think king louies 'i wanna be like you' song worked to create a nice contrast between his nice/angry sides. when king louie finally snapped after singing, it was legitimately terrifying.
my favourite film of the year so far
>>
I plan to see it, the trailers make it look great. Lots of big named actors

>>68004098
>doing the same two songs again
So it's a remake or a new adaptation or...?
Sounds weird to do such a thing.
>>
>>68004163
>>68004098
it follows the same beats and rhythms of the original. there's still a scene with the elephants, the snake, the man village, king louie, the wolves etc..
but the context surrounding everything is different, how characters meet, their motivations etc.. there are a lot of nice original scenes that are pretty emotional too. theres a lot of attention to detail that really brings the world to life and gives the world a lot of gravitas, establishing its own poetic lore.
its like a reboot
>>
>>68002105
So... no Walken singing? Damn.
Which songs do appear in the movie?
>>
>>68004098

what, they made Kaa female? what shit
>>
>>68002105
They really threw in musical numbers for no reason? Didn't they do the same shit in pan and everyone pointed out it was out of place and stupid, did they learn nothing?
>>
>>68007110

It's different for PAn when we're talking 1930s england and someone' singing fucking Smells like Teen Spirit
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.