[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13
File: spooky.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
explain
>>
File: frozed.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
frozed.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>68002097
>>
That scene ruined me. I'm a furryfag now
>>
>>68002097
Old guy getting head = Big oil and wall street
Bear man = Our precious children
Lamp = lamp
>>
I think it means even back then rich people were still into kinky faggot shit.
>>
File: 1432697427740.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1432697427740.png
2 MB, 1600x900
2deep4u
>>
>>68002097
the bear = danny
the man = jack

there are more bears in the movie, always connected to danny, and it's kinda implied that jack abused him in some way, the hotel is just fucking with wendy with the memory of this incident
>>
>Old man = /tv/
>Bear = Redditors
>>
>>68002097
I had a random theory once that Kubrick saw something like this happening once and it scarred him so he thought he'd throw it in a movie cause he knew it was surreal and weird
>>
>>68002285
>watch movie
>Jack is reading magazine while waiting for meeting
>Playgirl
>Me=the fuck?
>Playgirl talks about parents that "sleep with their children"

Danny was molested.
>>
>>68002555
It's in the book.
>>
File: 1459113510564.png (105 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
1459113510564.png
105 KB, 400x450
>>68002097
>he doesn't blow gentlemen whilst wearing his dog-suit
>>
I buy into the "Jack molesting Danny" theory, I think some of the "clues" are iffy but Kubrick obviously included this for a reason.
Plus it's creepy as fuck, probably the most unsettling part of the movie for some reason.
>>
Kubrick was predicting Zootopia.
>>
>>68002097
Ghosts from the past to show how perverted they were (guess)
>>
>>68002097
It's an unexplained element from the book.

The 'bear' was manipulated and psychologically broken into becoming the personal sex slave to the guy in the suit
>>
>>68002097
I never really noticed this before, but the framing in the scene is kind of funny. On the one hand, it's as though the camera is looking through a doorway, but there's no door. The man and bear are in the foreground, so there doesn't seem to be room for the door to swing out and to the right, but there are no hinges on the left. It's like the camera is looking at a mirror.
>>
>>68002897
What? The door swings in and to the left, pretty sure it's visible there.
>>
File: bear.jpg (63 KB, 964x363) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
63 KB, 964x363
>>68002897
>the framing in the scene is kind of funny
>>
I read all about this years ago. Don't quote this but I'm pretty sure that these two men were attending a party at the hotel a long time ago. The one getting his Johnson sucked was a rich dude who was bored of his normal life/wife whatever and paid the fur guy to suck him off in that room. I don't think there is a deeper meaning then dark desires.
>>
>>68002728
This is why stephen king should not be allowed to write
>>
File: cig.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
WHAT KIND OF CIGARETTES ARE THOSE
>>
>>68002897
Goddamn anon. Kubrick's films are so visually interesting.
>>
>>68002944
I don't think anon is claiming he can't see the door. He is saying the way the shot is composed, the bear and man appear so close that it gives the illusion that the door wouldn't have room to shut.
It is indeed like a mirror
>>
File: goofy, tiger and head in bowl.png (70 KB, 296x245) Image search: [Google]
goofy, tiger and head in bowl.png
70 KB, 296x245
>>68003005
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: bedroom animals.png (377 KB, 735x436) Image search: [Google]
bedroom animals.png
377 KB, 735x436
>>68003005
>>68003197
>>
>>68003005
virginia slims
>>
File: kissing a corpse.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kissing a corpse.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
Was it considered cheating?
>>
>>68003219
actually I always thought the most important piece in that scene is the yellow rubber ducky.

In this scene on the right
>>68002950
you can see the image of dopey the dwarf, but that specific sticker is missing from the frame after it cuts away.

seems like yellow is a key color for Danny, and that rubber duck makes some other appearances throughout the movie, it's actually behind the curtain here on the right
>>68002950
>>
>Stephen King was first approached by Stanley Kubrick about making a film version of The Shining via an early morning phone call (England is five hours ahead of Maine in time zones). King, suffering from a hangover, shaving and at first thinking one of his kids was injured, was shocked when his wife told him Kubrick was really on the phone. King recalled that the first thing Kubrick did was to immediately start talking about how optimistic ghost stories are, because they suggest that humans survive death. "What about hell?" King asked. Kubrick paused for several moments before finally replying, "I don't believe in hell.". King replied stating that there are people who believe in hell, and that they fear it more than death itself. This was tremendously effective in helping Kubrick understand the feel of the story.

explain
>>
>>68002097
>being a faggot is so evil it perpetually haunts a house
>>
>>68003663
The silence was actually Kubrick smugly tipping his fedora through the phone, but King couldn't see it.
>>
>>68002622
Well that disproves my theory, kek thank for the info
>>
>>68002097
It's just an habitual Charlie Sheen's weekend situation
>>
>Stephen King has never understood why people find the film version of The Shining so scary.

explain THIS kubrick fans
>>
>>68004048
Medium adaptation. King's big influence is film, but his tragedy and impetus as an artist is that he isn't equipped for it. The best he can do is write novels slumming as a filmmaker. Kubrick, on the other hand, fucked that prom queen and was the filmmaker slumming as novelist. Basically, let's drop the charade: King knows exactly why the movie works for everybody else on an intellectual level. Christ, at this point I think he could even be fine with it with the distance. It's just too personal for him on a human level, divorced from the art of it all, as at it's core he thinks of himself as the Minotaur in the labyrinth. It's a novel about guilt deserving murder by memory (writing too close to home with where he was in life at that moment) while the film is about memory creating guilt and action-- pitting King's youthful obsessions thematically against Kubrick's middle-to-later-aged interests. Stephen King doesn't like it because when Kubrick's version asks a question, it's as a direct answer to his own and an extension. He's come around to that interest more recently, it seems (Duma Key has a particular feeling of comprehension at long last) but it's still just too close in that one instance for comfort. In his version he can retain distance. In Kubrick's, King has the dubious honor of living, even today, as Bill Hartford.

It's a shame they never worked together again (or not-- I would have been interested in Kubrick's The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon), but at the same time it's fascinating that King, the man, essentially served as the catalyst to Kubrick as a filmmaker and informed his protagonists from then forward.
>>
>>68002097

He JUST had his cock in his mouth

/thread
/movie

never discuss it again
>>
>>68002097

The original hotel owner had a fetish for furries.

Hes the original furry.
>>
>>68002097

I like how they look like they're disgusted with what they're seeing.

>>68004980

Patient Zero
>>
File: hitler-was-right.jpg (69 KB, 334x450) Image search: [Google]
hitler-was-right.jpg
69 KB, 334x450
explain
>>
>>68005081

>almost everything
>almost

chuck it in the oven
>>
>>68002197
lamp = moon landing was fake
>>
>>68002097
Kubrick predicted furries
>>
File: brick.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brick.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>68002197

Lamp = love
Bear and man are making love

Kubrick=bravo
>>
>>68002622
What book?
>>
>>68007081
the novelization of Problem Child 2
>>
>>68007125
That book is simply breathtaking
I mean I know people usually say the book is better than the movie, but in this case it's astounding how much better it is
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.