[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Disney made Lucas give up the rights to Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Sues.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2019) Image search: [Google]
Sues.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2019
Remember when Disney made Lucas give up the rights to Star Wars and everyone's biggest worry was that the franchise would go full kiddy mode with Mickey Mouse tie-ins and Jar Jar spinoffs?

Don't those fears seem quaint and naïve now compared to what really ended up being forced down all our throats?
>>
>>68001565
Ok /tv/, let's settle this once and for all: which one is cuter?
>>
>>68001597
bb8
>>
>>68001597
>>68001684
I find it funny that felicia was supposed to get sinister six this year but that got panned so now shes doing another franchise spinoff instead.
>>
>>68001597
Finn <3
>>
>>68001597
Felicity and it's not even close
>>
but it's 2016
>>
>>68001565
Yeah let's compare 6 films that have had a male main character compared to two films that have had a female main character.
>>
>>68002269
And your point is?
>>
>>68002319
My point is star wars having two females as the main characters doesn't mean the sjw are taking over. You guys sure do worry a lot about a series made for children.
>>
>>68002420
The problem here is not female characters, but terrible writing.

Which is better, a character with realistic struggles who happens to be female, or a perfect character who also happens to be female?
>>
Why do they all have to British slags though??
>>
File: 1421111375225.jpg (41 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
1421111375225.jpg
41 KB, 635x475
>>68001565

I was born in the late 80s, the perfect age for the rereleases and Episode I, read dozens of EU novels and played most of the games as a teenager. I honestly didn't even think the prequels were that bad from a space opera standpoint.

I still haven't seen Episode 7 and have absolutely no desire to. I didn't think Disney could kill my love of Star Wars but they did.
>>
>>68001597
Rey, hands down.
>>
>six straight movies with a male lead, male villain, male supporting actors and *literally* one female character in the entire ensemble

>two movies with females

Stop crying you blubbering vaginas.
>>
>>68001684
This. It's absolutely hilarious but BB8 is cuter.
>>
>>68001597

poe <3
>>
>>68002514
AW WHAT A BABY ILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU WHILE IM WATCHING TFA <3
>>
>>68002603

but muh straight white protag

muh sjws
muh liberal propaganda
>>
File: ben_kenobi_by_brucewhite.jpg (54 KB, 507x648) Image search: [Google]
ben_kenobi_by_brucewhite.jpg
54 KB, 507x648
>>68002269
Right, because women saw nothing of value about star wars until there was female protagonist.
>>68002514
>born in early 80s
>otherwise this is me

Cheers fellow.
>>
>>68002503

See I never viewed Star Wars as ever having quality writing or even decent writing just average to below average The characters have always been shallow besides Luke in rotj so I can't say it bothers me. Like I said it's a kids film so I am not expecting Chinatown quality writing here. I do understand were you are coming from. For example I love the classic female fatale and I would prefer a female use her wits and her strengths such as manipulation to get what's done instead of just muh skinny muscles but when it comes to a film like this I can't say it really bothers me.
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1197x1802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1197x1802
>>68001597
FJ is past her prime but she's still much cuter than Xenomorph
>>
>>68002694
You don't really think Star Wars was some obscure thing that only nerdy boys with no friends liked, do you? Literally everyone liked Star Wars, even all those normie girls who wouldn't talk to you.
>>
Do people around here suddenly forget that we're also getting Han Solo, Boba Fett, and even maybe Obi-Wan spinoff films in the near future?
>>
I dislike the trailer. A lot. I got hyped for VII but not this
>Begins with exposition
>"You were born here, scraped your knee at it 7, which made you fear clowns, you ran away from home at 17..." etc
SHOW, DON'T TELL. ITS A FUCKING MOVIE IN FACT.

>two scenes in the trailer are done back to back, as if it's a conversation
>anyone with a brain realizes they are separate

Honestly, this movie might be great but the trailer was very badly done. I'll still see it of course.
Though I was sort of hoping for dogfighting or something.
>>
File: 1334567876821.gif (494 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
1334567876821.gif
494 KB, 200x201
>>68001597
Luke
>>
>>68002514
Are you me?
>>
>>68002759
he was being sarcastic you dumbfuck
>>
>>68002759

Girls are not capable of liking anything thats not make up or horses.

Clearly since none of them will have sex with me they have nothing to be interested in other than shoes and muscelly dudes who lift weights and who are jerks FUCK YOU MICTCHELL ANIME IS NOT GAY. YOURE GAY.
>>
>>68002874
This. The endearing smile gets me everytime.
>>
>>68002759

No, faggot.

I have three nieces and two nephews, not one of my nieces gives a shit about Star Wars.
>>
>>68001565

>MUH SAUSAGEFEST

Seriously, I am starting to think most "But it's starring a woman" fags are paid shills. Twitter is sprouting retards who are already creating a "muh-soggy-knees" controversy around the fact that the main character is a woman.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.