[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain me this film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: solaris.jpg (160 KB, 1600x676) Image search: [Google]
solaris.jpg
160 KB, 1600x676
Can someone explain me this film?
>>
>>67995937
read the book
it's short and good
>>
>>67995937
Great film. Natalya Bondarchuk was a babe. I must find a qt Russian woman to marry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3uVf8p-sgE
>>
>>67995937

Humanity and sentient planet try to establish some sort of communication but it's ultimately impossible. Existential despair, madness and misplaced grief happens, because Russians.
>>
bumping for anwsers
i'm a pleb and watched it like a week ago
i really liked the atmosphere and the cinematography but the story was too abstract for me
would appreciate if someone could plain the themes as i'm planning on rewatching it
>>
>>67996360
science is bad, nature is good.
>>
>>67995937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtmhfA5hrNQ
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 620x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 620x800
>>67995937
It's been twelve years or so since having seen it, I think it's something about being thrown into a future that is imperfect, and being haunted by the past at the same time?
>>
>>67996680
Quite wrong.
>>
It's the remake worth watching?
>>
Stalker...in space...
>>
>>67996747
Then do tell. The character was isolated in space and his wife was haunting him, so I don't see how that wouldn't fit with the general overview.
>>
>>67997041
That wasn't his wife.

It was the planet mind-fucking him.

He wasn't thrown into the scenario either, he debated it, and then decided to leave paradise. Eventually he succumbs to a recreation of that paradise after he can't handle the fact that he gave up a good thing in the search for prestige.

I actually have a sneaking suspicion, the whole thing was influenced by the mad-scientist doctor with the midget, but it's been about a year or two, so I don't recall the specifics and I don't want to out myself as a full retard.
>>
File: 6e9.png (457 KB, 473x595) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
457 KB, 473x595
>>67996360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVZJUU3sT8
>>
>>67997287
Did he have a wife originally?

Because I read the wife as either an interior or exterior projection, and the film wonderfully sifts through the possibilities of either interpretation.
>>
>>67997354
thanks for this
>>
>>67997510
Yeah, he did, I think she had either died, or left him then died (all prior to him leaving for the space station). The planet was probing his mid and used her as an avatar to communicate, but it could never get it right which was why Kris was freaking out all the time.
>>
>>67995937
It's The Shining in space
>>
>>67996834
yes, but it's not as good
>>
The space station is a purgatory for atheist scientist.
>>
File: 1459765381539.jpg (53 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
1459765381539.jpg
53 KB, 960x547
>>67995937
Where should I start with Tarkovsky?

I've got most of his filmography sitting here.
>>
>>67996834
It's interesting.

While it doesn't look as good, it looks really pretty.

>>67997878
Chrono.

Andrei Rublev is a cool exploration of the Seven Cardinal Vices and final acceptance of faith.
>>
Something something about how we can never truly know someone , because we are always interacting with them through our own perceptions of what they are like
>>
>>67997920
>Chrono

fucking hell, I thought that was a movie. I need a coffee.

Sweet, that's what I normally do.
>>
>>67997878
Stalker is what everyone usually begin
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.