[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the greatest action movie ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: the-raid-2.jpg (175 KB, 1000x754) Image search: [Google]
the-raid-2.jpg
175 KB, 1000x754
Is this the greatest action movie ever?
>>
>>67995737
First one is better tbqh familia
>>
>>67995737

its the dark knight of action movies
>>
>>67995799
maybe it has better action, but 2 has a much better story.
>>
>>67995799
2 has better story and action
>>
>>67995737
I enjoyed the simpler story and characters of the first but 2 has better action sequences.
>>
>>67995799
Except that's literally wrong. The Raid 2's whole police drama was fuckin great,
plus we still got that ridiculous asian aesthetic with that baseball dude and hammer girl.
>>
first movie was awesome because you expect it to be a generic "battle up the levels to reach the crime boss" movie, but then all of a sudden everything goes insane and totally breaks from that script
>>
PENANG PENANG
>>
File: 1318688689041.jpg (4 KB, 238x195) Image search: [Google]
1318688689041.jpg
4 KB, 238x195
>poorly choreographed fights with lots of shaky cam, dutch angles, quick cuts, and way too many close shots are seen as the norm
>a movie that contains fight scenes constructed and filmed in a non-retarded way is automatically considered one of the greatest action movies ever

I like both Raid movies, but it's sad that action movie directors have become so lazy. Any modern action movie that shows even the slightest amount of effort is considered a masterpiece of the genre.
>>
>>67995992
>expect it to be a generic "battle up the levels to reach the crime boss" movie,
>>
>>67996126
uh no Dredd is shit compared to it.

The Raid 2 has some of the best villain introductions I've ever seen.
>>
>>67996210
>Didn't read the file name
>>
>>67996126
hardmode: you can only suggest EITHER The Raid or Dredd to friends. which do you choose?
>>
>>67996329
i haven't watched The Raid, though, if i consider it anyway, i'd probably recommend Dredd.

i like Dredd a lot, simply because it's pure fun, but i've heard that The Raid is many times superior to it, so if they watched Dredd first, they'd probably be less likely to criticize it for being inferior.
>>
>>67995848
So wrong.
2 is like a Godfather wanna-be which falls very, very short.
Original is beautiful in its simplicity, not trying to be something it isn't.
>>
1 is neat but suffers because of its budget (CGI blood and gunfire, etc). 2 suffers because they tried to make it more meaningful than it really could have been. Way too long with repetetive, drawn out fights and dumb characters that aren't explained hardly at all. Really needed script work, like a lot. It's got a better production design and its action is mostly really cool, but it gets annoying once you realize the plot isn't getting any better
>>
>>67996646
This, BUT the cinematography, special effects and fights are better in 2 (the kitchen fight and the end of the baseball/hammer sibling fight where the baseball guy goes nuclear are amazing).

Mad Dog will always be my favorite fighter though.

>>67996109
Agreed
>>
>>67996833
I liked the sibling fight even though they were retarded meme characters but the kitchen fight got really boring after the first, idk, 20 minutes? it felt like it took an hour to kill that faggot.
>>
>>67996919
I liked the kitchen fight because it is 3 distinct fights merged into one
>unarmed vs unarmed
>unarmed vs armed
>armed vs armed
And you can see Rama slowly get better at each point, until the assassin is forces to change tactics in order to survive. I just like to see fights with actual flow and context, not shit like Bloodsport or Kickboxer where the main character gets his assed kick, and then turns it around with the other guy suddenly forgetting how to fight.
>>
>>67995737
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
Ive only seen raid 2. Am i missing out on the first one?
>>
>>67997380
Yes
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.