[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is everyone so upset about the ending? This was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Why the fuck is everyone so upset about the ending? This was a great episode and a great introduction for Negan.

Isn't it fucking obvious that he killed Glenn, just like in the comics, which is why they didn't need to actually show it? It's only a cliffhanger if you haven't read the comics. I seriously don't understand how people don't realize this is what happened. Do you even artistic direction?

The only problem with the episode is that Kirkman tried to do something clever and play a bit against people's expectations by not actually showing Glenn die, since it's such an iconic moment that the fanbase already knew about it, but he apparently gave way too much credit to his audience of fucking plebs.

10/10 season would watch again.
>>
By the way, the first episode of next season still won't show it happen, but just Maggie looking shell-shocked and sad.
>>
>>67987314
Don't you realize they're changing a lot from Comics, so people will keep watching the TV show? What's the point of replicating every single death since everyone already knew it from Comics months away?

It could be literally anyone sitting there.
>>
That's the point faggot. If they did all this shit just to kill Glenn like in the comic, It's a fucking waste and a shit cliffhanger.

Now, if he kills more than one person, then it would be worth the wait.
>>
>>67987314
>Why the fuck is everyone so upset about the ending?

Ruining what could have been a perfect episode and character introduction. It's a real shame.
>>
>>67988051
this.
if I have to wait 6 months to find out it was just Glenn again I'm dropping the show immediately.

fuck me I've already dropped two shows in the past month and now I have nothing to watch
>>
>>67987314
Because nothing happened in the episode. It was an hour of building tension and then no payoff. In fact, the payoff won't be seen for 6 months.
>>
the ending was so obviously the result of producers interfering that its hard not be jaded about it. it served no other purpose than to spark dialogue the next few months. im just glad fans are now starting to realize that cliffhangers do no equal good writing.
>>
>>67987314
>Why the fuck is everyone so upset about the ending?
It looks like a benis
>>
They won't kill ff Glenn. Whenever TWD kills off a main character, they give that character a massive amount of last-minute characterization. Glenn didn't really get any new characterization the past few episodes. The only character who got an unusually large amount of characterization recently was Eugene. And since his only leverage to be relavent to the plot was his ability to make bullets, but since Rick now has the sheets to make them, Eugene has to relavence for the writers. I think it'll be Eugene.
>>
>>67988352
*has no relavence
>>
they won't kill Glenn

frankly, I don't think they'll kill anyone from Rick's senior group at all before the actual show finale

my money is on gay dude or Eugene
>>
The scene has no impact if you don't see a fan favorite meet their very undignified demise as their head gets smashed like a melon. I mean the god damn real deal, seeing the head of Glenn or Maggie or whoever else just getting completely fucked up as everyone else watches on helplessly. They already took some of the edge off demonstrating it happens to SOMEONE, by the time it actually happens (assuming we ever actually see it) no one will be shocked anymore. And knowing them, they'll just timeskip to the next day in season 7 episode 1 without ever showing it anyway.

They really fucked up on this one, dropped the ball so god damn hard it bounced back up and pelted them in the face. It would've taken one more day of filming at most to get it done with, the season finale would've been the talk of the town all spring and summer. They didn't do it because they want more ratings for the premier, they wanted to spend November–May talking with the cast about their fee-fees and who feels comfortable having their character arc come to an end, they thought #WhoIsIt on social media would be fun instead of just aggravatingly disrespectful to the audience, and they just plain think their storytelling is too good and dignified to just play the scene straight like everyone wanted (even Kirkman, people often cite the source material as some infallible work of art but Kirkman regrets his own decisions all the time and is more than happy to see them get fixed in the show, he himself wanted the Governor to be less of an edgy Negan 0.5).

And in the end, it's just going to get spoiled by people spying on the filming anyway. That's the worst part. Filming starts in a month, people will notice who's gone and anyone who doesn't want it spoiled for them is in for a long haul until October. It's a huge step up from avoiding the usual TSDF spoilers for a week before an episode airs.
>>
>>67987314
the fact they ended on a cliffhanger proves it likely wont be glenn. seeing as that's what everyone expected
>>
Because this was a set-up episode. You don't use a set-up episode for the last episode of a season.
>>
>>67987314
>this opening post

i'll be sure to remember it when the next season starts and they reveal what happened, will be great for a laugh

no but really, how on earth can one anon be SO wrong?
>>
do you think next episode it will still be from a pov view or will they show the kill so we can actually see it happen?
>>
>>67987721
um no

it can't be Rick, Daryl, Carl or Michonne, because those chars are plot armored and you know it
>>
>>67988801
Put it this way - if Daryl doesn't die from the bat, he NEVER will.
>>
>>67987314
Cliffhanger endings are always upsetting, even people that like a show will get irritated by them.
>>
>>67988901
>>67988801
It won't be Rick because he's the main character. Without him, there's no show. They JUST got Rick and Michonne to finally sleep with each other after they've been building it up for so long. It won't be Daryll because the writers made him go on some contrived wild goose chase and he got captured. He's a fan favorite, they won't kill him off at a low point for his character. All three will be fine.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.