[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you have 5 seconds to explain why this isn't the best film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
you have 5 seconds to explain why this isn't the best film in the series
>>
i-i can't
>>
It's boring.
>>
I see all movies in the series of having equal quality
>>
>>67986184
Because Fellowship is better
>>
How do people think fellowship is the best when two towers exists
>>
Its one big movie ya dingus
>>
>>67986293
>>67986361
correct responses
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (178 KB, 800x1178) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
178 KB, 800x1178
>>67986184

Fellowship is comfier.

>dat prologue
>Bilbo writing his book
>The Shire
>A shortcut to mushrooms
>Ringwraiths on steeds
>Strider
>Bree
>the mines of Moria
>Boromir
>all of the Fellowship is together
>the great river
>the Amon hen fight
>Boromir's death

And did I mention, GANDALF THE FUCKING GREY!
>>
We all know it is. Of the 3 movies, only RotK won an Oscar.
>>
two tower is best one, story is alreadycestablished from first part, so u are conmected to,the protagonists, and you have the comfy feel that there will be another part waiting for you. imho i find the story in tt more compelling, the white town is boring and kind of the same shitfight like in part two, just bigger.
not a critic, nitpicking here because op wants it, love me some lotr
>>
File: vrrrgf.jpg (78 KB, 832x584) Image search: [Google]
vrrrgf.jpg
78 KB, 832x584
>>67986413
>comfy meme
>>
>>67986184
Fellowship>King>Towers
>>
>not treating the series as a single piece

I bet you faggots think it's three different books too.
>>
File: Oliphant.jpg (53 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
Oliphant.jpg
53 KB, 590x250
>>67986184
Peter Jackson went really overboard with his Legolas fetish in this movie, having him solo an oliphant and complete with him sliding down it's trunk in it's death throes. In Two Towers it was less ridiculous, with the shield surfing down the stairs, but still bad. Fellowship, thankfully, was reasonable with him running up the chain to pop the cave troll with his bow.

Jackson's Legolas fetish just gets worse with every movie. The guy gets insufferably worse in the Hobbit movies. Every one, where he has Legolas do some crazy feat that most every other elf can't do, just ruins my immersion in the films.
>>
>>67986477
comfiness is srs bzns
>>
>>67986599
it's hard to balance the fact that Legolas is simply superior in every way to everyone in the Fship but Gandalf and not having him do some crazy stunts
>>
>we will never get a movie series like this again
Also, return of the king was the best movie overall. It ended the whole thing perfectly.
Two towers had the best battle though.
>>
Walking: New Zealand.
>>
>>67986184
they were all of equal quality
absolute trash
>>
File: 1425666762296.jpg (36 KB, 266x321) Image search: [Google]
1425666762296.jpg
36 KB, 266x321
>>67986361
this
>>
File: 1459076213815.png (130 KB, 488x512) Image search: [Google]
1459076213815.png
130 KB, 488x512
the FUCKING GHOSTS!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.