[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A dozen simians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 12 Monkeys.jpg (253 KB, 1546x1043) Image search: [Google]
12 Monkeys.jpg
253 KB, 1546x1043
I just finally watched 12 Monkeys all the way through (something always seems to come up when I watch movies, or I catch them in the middle) and despite it looking really good and interesting whenever I'd seen bits of it before, and despite the first episode of the series looking good, I was disappointed in the movie. It mostly quite good but the ending kind of ruined it for me, and most of the movie was clearly trying to tie into the ending. It's like "oh, aren't we artsy, it's about fate and loss and wanting to escape".

Sure, smile at the young version of the person you care about who just died violently, when you're probably going to die yourself in a few weeks, that's realistic and reasonable. Don't start, I don't know, trying to do something more? Pick up that gun and shoot the ponytail scientist maybe? Find Jose (she saw him talking to Cole) and tell him it is the 12 Monkeys and that one guy is probably a key figure?

>but she couldn't change it because it already happened

That doesn't mean you don't try, they already were trying.

The thing with his teeth also bothered me. He would've been in indescribable pain for hours and bleeding heavily, and he acted like it was a bad nosebleed.

I liked the voice that follows him through the movie and how you're not sure until the end that it's imaginary, but it might've been better if you never did know for sure or if it turned out to be real, and they could've done more with it. So Cole is unhinged, that's cool... what does that entail? He cut out his teeth, which is a major thing, but it didn't affect the plot or any other characters.

I watched and liked the first episode of the TV series and I already recorded the first season and plan to watch it. I hope the movie (and reading about it and its inspiration on Wikipedia) doesn't spoil me for it but I don't think it will because the pilot already diverged quite a bit from the movie in ways I like.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>67984757
Did you understand the movie ending?
>>
>>67985073
I'm pretty sure I did. He was the man he saw get killed in the airport when he was a kid. Do you mean the subtext? Which subtext, you can't change fate, you can't escape death,
Also, for all the comedic or just... not exactly grim moments it has, the ending feels misplaced.
>>
>>67985232
The very ending. The lady from the future council is sitting next to the virus distributor guy, the one with the briefcase. She says she's in "insurance". I inferred that it meant she was the insurance in case Bruce Willis failed, and she was going to sabotage the guy's virus plan on the plane, meaning that the future isn't set.
>>
>>67985456
son of a bitch
>>
>>67985456
check mate bitch
>>
>>67985717
I think it definitely elevates the movie. If it was a standard bleak "the future sucks and you can't change it" thing then I'd hate it.
>>
op, this movie is also a bit artsy if youlook at the timeit was made, there weren't that many movies like this in comparison to nowadays
>>
12 MONKEYS IS AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE

ONE OF THE GREATEST KINOS OF THE 90S AND GILLIAM'S BEST MOVIE
>>
I
Found
My
Thrill
>>
>>67986075
WELL WHAT ELSE SHOULD I WATCH IF I LIKE THE FEEL OF THIS?
seriously, I never appreciated accordion that much before
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.