[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one flaw besides muh expository dialogue. Pro Tip: you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nolan.jpg (653 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
nolan.jpg
653 KB, 1296x730
Name one flaw besides muh expository dialogue.

Pro Tip: you can't
>>
>besides muh expository dialogue.
But it's a big flaw
>>
>>67974607
For you.
>>
I don't understand the vitriolic hatred towards him, honestly. It's not like anyone (other than maybe kids in high school) is pretending that his movies are anything other than mindless summer blockbusters. For what they are, they're fun, well-crafted and very unique, if gimmicky.
>>
can't film action scenes to save his life

boring cinematography; mostly muted browns and greys (may have something to do with him being colourblind)

it's not that he's bad, just unremarkable in every way
>>
HIs biggest flaw to me is that he makes unremarkable action schlock movies that are ridiculously self important all the while he thinks he's a god among men.

If he still did good movies like Memento and the Prestige, he might get away with acting like that but ever since The Dark Knight, he's just made increasingly boring 3 hour long glorified blockbusters.
>>
Bane.
>>
>>67974481
His characters are completely flat and they have no personality outside of what's absolutely required for the story to go forward.
It works in action movies because they are meant to be fun dumb movies, but his movies are filled with exposition dialogue about stuff that is pretty much irrelevant when you consider that there are no human beings whatsoever in his movies, only plot devices.
McConaughey's character was the only thing he ever wrote that was close to a human being until it turned out that even his love for his daughter was a fucking plot device
>>
Shit tier fight choreography.
Generally boring visuals and cinematography.
Movies often feel hollow/lifeless.
Capeshit.
Exposition galore.
>>
He's not a great director, but anyone complaining about his 'boring' cinematography is a massive fucking pleb who can't take tasteful, subtle visuals.
>>
>>67974481
He doesn't understand human emotions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.