[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"No, stop! Don't show any human emotions like love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 512x288
>"No, stop! Don't show any human emotions like love or anger otherwise you'll uncontrollably turn to the dark side!"

Why can't the Jedi act human without turning Sith?
>>
>>67964500
They CAN without turning to Sith. It's more of showing emotion and staying a Jedi. There's Grey Jedi and other dark side users that aren't Sith.
>>
>>67964569
I don't remember Grey Jedi, which movie were they in?
>>
>>67964621
Recently, Star Wars Rebels. Qui Gon Jin was also one.
>>
>>67964621
Well the term Gray Jedi isn't exactly stated in the movies themselves, but Qui-Gon Jinn was a Gray Jedi. Basically a Jedi that is human (feels emotions and understands needs), and can use both sides of the Force.
Revan from Knights of the Old Republic was a Grey Jedi too.
>>
>>67964500
This was established in prequels, not the OT. And we all know that by the time of filming Phantom Menace George Lucas's autism has worsened considerably.
>>
>>67964621
You could argue luke was one. He got pissed off a whole lot, As well as showing a lot off attachment to his friends

Luke having emotions made him a better Jedi in the end then being some stoic emotionless weirdo

Plenty of stuff from the prequels was pretty stupid so it's usually just best to disregard a lot of this kind of shit anyway
>>
>>67964642
>>67964638

>Qui-Gon
>grey Jedi

Uh, what
>>
>>67964726
This.
This point exactly is what makes me excited for Episode VIII. Is Luke going to be like Yoda and be all artistic and eloquent or is he going to continue his emotional Jedi type of self. And how will he teach Rey?
>>
>>67964726
>Luke having emotions made him a better Jedi in the end then being some stoic emotionless weirdo

>>67964638
>Qui Gon Jin was also one.

So was Qui Gon Jin a grey jedi or was he a stoic emotionless weirdo?
>>
>>67964569
>There's Grey Jedi
>This is what sith in denial actually believe
You're too far gone, anon. I loved you, you were like my brother *teleports behind him*
>>
>>67964638
No he wasn't, Qui Gon was a drunk jedi master.
>>
>>67964795
He was definitely a Grey Jedi, the biggest showing of this is him ignoring the Jedi Council's orders and teaching Anakin. He accepts emotions and whatnot as well, and doesn't preach the whole, "feel not, want not" crap.
>>
>>67964757
>For example, the Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn was thought of by some members of the Jedi Order as a Gray Jedi for his disagreements with the High Council.
>>
>>67964757
Yeah, I don't get it. Qui gon was a member of the Jedi order, so he couldn't be a Grey Jedi. I don't think there where any in the movies- but in the EU you have Jolee Bindo, the Imperial Knights etc.
>>
>>67964500
xun zi's theory
>>
itt: prequel garbage
>>
>>67964851
One could be part of the Jedi Order, yet still be a Grey Jedi.
They're a Grey JEDI not a Grey FORCE USER.
Basically, it's just a Jedi that agrees with the large ideas of the Jedi Order, but disagrees with the lesser things like emotion control and whatnot
>>
>>67964844
>>67964827

Sounds like some pretty weak speculation. Jolee was a grey Jedi, and it was super obvious because he no longer had ties to the Jedi order and shit. If Qui-Gon wasn't a regular ass Jedi you think they'd let him keep Obi-Wan?

Does that not make Obi-Wan a grey Jedi since he trained Anakin too?
>>
If someone was a good friend doesn't that mean you loved them?
>>
>>67964926
Not really, because the Order gave into teaching Anakin after Qui-Gon died.
>aw shit he died... better like his student carry on so we dont piss off obi wan
>>
>Grey Jedi

If it's not mentioned in the movie it isn't real canon. Fuck off with that EU shit.

Jedi are supposed to be Super Monks with no care about wordly possession while the Sith are the complete 180 opposite.

Like a Buddhist monk and an Ayn Rand drone.
>>
>>67964926
Overall though, you have the right idea. The idea of Grey Jedi is super opinionated, like some people think Mace Fucking Windu was a Grey Jedi.
>>
>>67964500
Luke cares about his sister, right?
This is unacceptable, only a Sith could have feelings for a family member, this shit is going to make luke turn to the dark side!

Also, grey jedi aren't a thing in the movies.
>>
>>67964892
If that's true then why are they so rare? Do you lose any status for being a grey Jedi? Why would the Jedi tolerate Qui-Gon's alleged greyness but not tolerate Anakin having a gf?
>>
>>67965010
Because Qui-Gon was the Gregory House of the Jedi. An asshole that doesn't really follow the rules, but he does well and keeps the general motive going, which is peace and order in the galaxy
>>
>>67965038
>An asshole that doesn't really follow the rules, but he does well and keeps the general motive going

Anakin was the most powerful jedi of his time. Why couldn't they let him be an asshole who doesn't follow the rules?
>>
File: 144567890987600.webm (1 MB, 1168x820) Image search: [Google]
144567890987600.webm
1 MB, 1168x820
>>67964500
But Luke feels every emotion under the sun and he doesn't become a Sith.
>>
>>67965010
It's a very personal view on things. As you can see from this thread, some people don't believe they exist, because everything is only Black and White. Good and Evil. Light and Dark. But there IS some Grey area in my opinion.

>>67965077
Well he went dark side, didn't he? lol
>>
>>67964500
The Jedi and the Sith are both retarded extremes. The Jedi aren't allowed to have human emotions, and the Sith are so controlled by emotions they go nuts and murder people all the time.

I want to see sensible force users in the middle who use their emotions without being controlled by them. Like Luke did in the original trilogy.
>>
>>67965084
woah... he's kinda cute...
>>
>>67965038

Except he's not at all like that in the movie. Your headcanon=/=actual canon
>>
>>67965086
>But there IS some Grey

I'm not disputing that. My point is, you have a guy like Jolee who is clearly contrasted to the typical Jedi of his time, lives in seclusion and doesn't keep in contact with the Jedi order. Then you have Qui-Gon who is just a generic jedi master except he disagrees with the consensus on one or two things. They don't seem comparable to me at all.

>Well he went dark side, didn't he? lol

There was no room in the light side for the life he wanted, or so the Jedi say. If they were lenient enough to have a grey Jedi as one of the masters I don't see why they couldn't have a knight who got married.
>>
>>67965007
Ahsoka is a Grey Jedi, so it is canon.
>>
File: 14567898765900.gif (494 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
14567898765900.gif
494 KB, 200x201
>>67965096
>kinda

Understatement of the century.
>>
>>67965156
I see your point, and you're right about that. Qui-Gon is an argued point and always has been. In the movies, yeah probably isn't a Grey Jedi.
In the EU, though, absolutely is.

In their extremist eyes, marriage leads to heartbreak, which leads to anger, which leads to the Dark Side. Pretty much ANYTHING that's emotional will lead to anger, and so on and so forth. Stupid, I know, but yeah.
>>
>anakin, we don't think your relationship with padme is a problem, but you must learn to set yourself apart from her in case anything ever happens, love is alright but you have to control it or it will make you do drastic things

holy shit can you imagine if they had just said this, literally not even 100 words and you just saved yourself decades of galaxy wide chaos and doom
>>
>>67965210
>Holy shit could you imagine the Jedi Order NOT being fucking retarded
We can only dream, anon
>>
>>67964757
Qui gon was married, against the wishes of the Jedi council
>>
>>67965210
he was given tons of good advice he never followed.
>>
>>67965205

>In their extremist eyes, marriage leads to heartbreak, which leads to anger, which leads to the Dark Side. Pretty much ANYTHING that's emotional will lead to anger, and so on and so forth.

Yeah but I'm saying, how can you be so strict on rules, and still have a Grey Jedi master, and even give him students to train and fill their heads with his heretical grey Jedi ideas? It's not consistent
>>
>>67965236

Why was it a big deal for Anakin and not for him?
>>
File: 157-8.jpg (5 KB, 164x152) Image search: [Google]
157-8.jpg
5 KB, 164x152
>>67965210
>when a millennium-aged order of space wizards isn't smart enough to give the same stern talking to about relationships that nearly every parents give their kid

Well, at least they don't need a "rule of 2" system to simply function as an organization
>>
Women know that chads and other robots are willing to help them, to have an easy life. The natural problem of women is that they get bored sooner or later with whoever choose to try to entertain them.
So women change their partners to avoid the rut and to create drama. men do not like to be changed, since they loved to be relevant for once in their life, they whine and hate women when women find other providers.

Women love also to think that they need no man and that they live to help others. This is part of the natural problem which is that they know that living to be pleased does not really a life, yet knowing that they are not able to stop loving to be supported by men.
>>
>>67965256
Because the Jedi Order itself is just inconsistent. Sometimes they go to battle or war, and other times they decide to just sit it out and play politics. The Jedi Order was flawed, that was a huge point of the prequels, and that's why it fell. Luke was going to fix all those issues, and allow emotions and whatnot, but you know. They all died.
>>
>>67964500
That's Lucas projecting his autism
>>
>>67965294
It just makes way more sense if Qui-Gon isn't a grey Jedi. He doesn't even do anything grey in the movie
>>
>>67965321
He DID train the literal bane of the galaxy, but yeah. Other than that, nothing in the movies.
>>
>>67965354
Obi Wan did that. Obi Wan, the guy who established the archetype for what a jedi is, is a grey jedi according to you
>>
>>67965377
Nononono Qui-Gon was ordered to take Anakin back to Tatooine and leave him alone, but he said "Naw, fuck that. This kid is the one of the prophecy" and BEGUN his training.

Obi wan only continued it as a salute to his previous master, and because the Order gave the A-Ok for it.
>>
>>67965394
I should say they only gave the A-Ok AFTER Qui-gon died.
>>
>>67965394
> Order gave the A-Ok for it.

Everyone in the order is a grey jedi then
>>
>>67964779

yoda was great in the OT, he still seemed to feel emotion, obviously regretting what went down with anakin in the past

he was wise as he was clever ie, not telling luke who he was straight away in order to get a better idea of what he was dealing with. which l think plays into a way jedi should behave (not acting until its necessary/until the perfect time, getting a sense of your enemy etc etc)

l think they'll try to move away from the lack of emotion schlock in the PT. emotion is still a powerful ally and yoda knew that, it can give you a reason to push yourself. but it can also blind you, letting go seemed like a way to help make decision, acting on whats right in the moment and not to be driven by your base emotions

it seems lucus didn't really understand anything in his own movies

but thats just like, my opinion man
>>
>>67964500
Its more about letting your emotions rule you.

Leah did but she never learned out to tap into the force. I think the more linked you are with the force the more careful you have to be.
Luke was pretty emotional in IV and in V to some degree. It would have been dangerous if he was already trained by Yoda and was as emotional as he was in IV.

But also the prequels fucked up the lore a lot and I like to pretend they are only semi-cannon, like someone's remembering but not really what went down.
>>
>>67964500
Because George was emotionally destroyed by his divorce prior to making the prequels so he inserted all the "love leads to the dark side" stuff ex post facto
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.