[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the daughter drawings and this shit didn't have anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: true detective.png (1021 KB, 781x626) Image search: [Google]
true detective.png
1021 KB, 781x626
So the daughter drawings and this shit didn't have anything to do with the cases at all?

also true detective thread
>>
>>67961818
Nah, just a bit of silly(for lack of a better word) filler drama
>>
>>67961818

His daughter was molested by the cult. That's why she's fucked up.
>>
File: 8fRjCh0.jpg (513 KB, 2203x2937) Image search: [Google]
8fRjCh0.jpg
513 KB, 2203x2937
>>67961880

This. I wish I saved the image explaining everything. That shit was 2 spoopy.
>>
>>67962039
that pic is spooky
>>
Not directly or anything. It's to show that Marty's work is coming home with him and effecting his private life.
>>
File: true detective weird.jpg (909 KB, 3902x1107) Image search: [Google]
true detective weird.jpg
909 KB, 3902x1107
>>67961880
>>67962039
this one?
>>
>>67962116

thanks bruh, you dah best.
>>
I still can't believe how many idiots fell for all that random bullshit. At least S2 was a failure...
>>
>that rust/marty banter
>that cinematography
>that perfect blend of slow burning drama and action
>them mammarios

>ywn watch S1 for the first time ever again

why even live, bros?
>>
>>67962116
Pizzalatte really like to lean on some coincidental shit. Not saying that any of that stuff is meant to convey molestation but I think he's capable of planting that stuff.
>>
>>67962116

Yeah, the reason this was never solved is because it doesn't exist. The thing that Audrey Hart was exposed to was according to Pizzolatto just indicative of the culture they were surrounded in, which is pretty bullshit excuse to me. I mean, lots of those things don't even occur around Audrey anyway. This is why people were so disappointed with the resolution of the series.
>>
>>67961818
>>67961880
>>67962116
If she was molested by the cult she would have been dead. More likely she was just diddled by someone from the cult but outside of their practice.
>>
>>67962116

I think they had that there because they were going to make it a plotline but it got cut or they changed their minds at the last minute, they left in as its easier than reshooting that stuff and it makes for some 2spooky stuff
>>
>>67962350
>dead
no she was family. somebody has to breed the next generation of cultists.
>>
>>67962401

I always assumed it would come back to Marty's father in law being involved in the cult but nope.
>>
Just happened to be watching True Detective again. Just went through a bad soul crushing break-up and been trying to recoup through nsa sex on tinder. Holy shit is TD deeper now. I love the dualism between Rust and Marty. How Rust's cynicism is half right but he fucks up by ending up sick and lonely, and how Marty's faith or what ever fucks up his marriage because of entailment maybe? I don't know, they're both brilliant assholes that together make up the voices in my head.
>>
>>67961818
Yep, its all connected. Not directly spelled out, but sometimes it's the monster that we don't see that is more scary. The monsters that we create in our own minds will always be more scary than that of one director or writer or story teller or whatever.
>>
>>67961880
Nah, psychosphere. The entire idea behind season 1 was the shit the childress/tuttle cult was doing was so abhorrent, it was seeping through a sort of linked-collective unconscious. So because his oldest daughter was so close to marty, thus so close to the case, a lot of it got dumped on her. Then her parents fucked her up further by handling her attempts to express/diffuse that shit out of her so completely wrong that she just tried to hold it in, fucking her up even more.

We ignore this interpretation because its just not very good writing, and we were still trying to think pizzario was a good writer.

The less shit interpretation is the cult picked up marty's daughter, groomed her a bit, almost sacrificed her, realized just before the "murder/rape" that her father was a cop, meaning they couldn't make her disappear as easily, then dropped her back at her house/school.
>>
>>67962350

Not all of them died. Johnny Joannie was molested--or witnessed it--and lived. He was a fucked up kid, too.

I think some of the connections drawn in

>>67962116

are on the thin side, but the spiral and shit, the gang rape and whatnot, fits everything. That is not stuff a little girl just learns about from other girls without outside influence.
>>
>>67962935
or that cult members fuck ''their own'' kids just the same as the kids they abduct. the abducted ones get killed and the family members get brainwashed.
>>
>>67962935
Alternatively
His daughters a perfectly normal 15 year old gear that likes to fuck boys?
>>
>>67963025
girl*
>>
File: kdsjgd.png (28 KB, 639x432) Image search: [Google]
kdsjgd.png
28 KB, 639x432
>>67963025
>>
>>67963136
Oh fuck you lol
>>
>>67962116
obviously I'm not smart enough to figure it out, what the heck is going on in here?
>>
>>67962116
this is a fine approach but i think its too literal. most of these definitely work as themes and points which pizzaman tries to get across rather than circumstantial events that may or may not be connected to each other. they could be more visual metaphors interpretations that allude to the horrors in the foreground ie. the culture which pizzaman refers to, the unsolved murders in the area (or in the world for that matter). i think audrey was more of a case showing a hypothetical version of what teenhood/young adulthood is like. her behaviour and attitude to life in her future is more likely attributed to the fact marty didn't care to show much gratitude or love towards her (a theme reflecting bad parenting in general and how this can affect a child) and this is showed in a scene when audrey is wearing the plastic crown and i believe marty makes a statement which is similar to the effect of that he wasn't there enough for his children. the visual themes are nice and could definitely allude to a connection of the crimes that took place but i think it serves more as a builder of atmosphere and recurring themes that continually show up.
>>
>>67962536
You'll be alright, Jack
>>
>>67964372

You assume Pizza had anything to do with the drawings. He wrote it, Cary Sushi might have stuck all the imagery in there. Without seeing the scripts, we'll never know.

Or the author is dead, which in the case of Pizza is probably the best approach.
>>
>>67964663
yeah I was considering sushiman may have contributed to the imagery but perhaps this was inspiration purported by which was already in the script; but like you said we can't until we read the scripts. either way, theorizing/speculating is interesting
>>
>>67964710
*can't know
>>
>>67961818
>IT WAS JUST A REDHERRING BRO
>MUH PSYCHOSPHERE
Fuck, Pizzalotto is such a fucking hack
>>
>>67963025
The way they handled her drawing naked people doing naked things made her link sex with teenage rebellion. That's basically every teenage girl's childhood/adolescence.

The bit that makes it clearly linked somehow to the yellow king cult was the five male dolls undressing around a nude child doll.
>>
I feel like it was simply marty failing as a father spending too much time on the case and not with his family

It gave her the daddy issues
>>
>>67962116
i was so hyped seeing that back then
that it literally ruined the end of the serieā€¦

also, no Cthulhu? fuck that shit
>>
>>67962935
>The less shit interpretation is the cult picked up marty's daughter, groomed her a bit, almost sacrificed her, realized just before the "murder/rape" that her father was a cop, meaning they couldn't make her disappear as easily, then dropped her back at her house/school.

this is dumb. you are dumb.
>>
>>67966204

The Detective's Curse. Right under his own nose and he never saw it.
>>
>>67961818
what about the fact that the spaghetti man they killed was the lowest tier member (if he even was a full memeber of the elite clut)
and that even Tuttle was low enough on the ladder to be bumped off without a second thought as soon as its found out he fucked up and lost the tape.

its the equivilent of taking out 'Bodie' in 'the wire' and ending the series claiming they won the war on drugs
>>
>>67966220
It's not based on lovercraft, it's based on the king in yellow, which is pre-lovecraftian. Still though, the hole carcossa/yellow King symbolism was wasted on a generic satanic molestation cult story, tbqh.
>>
>>67967122
>its the equivilent of taking out 'Bodie' in 'the wire' and ending the series claiming they won the war on drugs
They never claim that though, there's literally a line where Rust says something like "we got our guy, but how many more are out there" and Marty replies "We got Our guy", which ties into the whole dark-light thing with the light not exactly winning, but not losing quite so bad.
>>
>>67967311
fair point

i would still have much preferred the sequel to have followed up that same ladder
>>
Did season 2 even have any supernatural spookiness in it?
>>
>>67967122
They say that they didnt solve end the cult. But they solved their case. Kind of dissapointing but they do talk about it at the end.
>>
>>67967122
>what about the fact that the spaghetti man they killed was the lowest tier member (if he even was a full memeber of the elite clut)

I don't remember every detail of the show but the guy in the last episode was the one doing the killings that Rust and Marty were investigating. They got their man. It was unrealistic that they could bring down everyone else without help so they sent info to the media. A non-issue really.

Also, I'm not sure the doll thing actually happened. I just took it to mean that Marty's mind was still on his work even when he was at home. I don't think the girls actually arranged the dolls like that. It was a pretty clever red-herring.
>>
>>67962116
>>67961818

it literally meant NOTHING.
Its like LOST.

They have no idea what the fuck they were doing. And it has no meaning and will never again be mentioned.
>>
>>67963136
underrated
>>
>>67967487
>>67967502
as i said to >>67967311 you make fair points.
however as a television show, im saying i wouldve much preffered the spaghetti man to be like a level one boss.
I was really keen to find out who his 'handler' was, and so on and so forth up the chain, as they did it so fucking well working the way up through the junkies to the dealer bikies to those two high level guys who cook for the bikies and then to the yellow king, getting weirder and weirder as it went up. feel like that process could have restarted with the yellow king at the bottom of season 2
>>
>>67961880
>>67962039
>>67962935

pizzaman said in some interview that marty left his casefiles laying around the house one day, his daughter saw it and checked it out of curiosity. that's her sole connection to the cult
>>
>>67968022
this was my understanding. i sorta felt stupid for not thinking the daughter was involved in the cult and not picking up on it, but i'm pretty sure there's a scene where his wife gets up him for bringing his work at home, which i took to mean literally and emotionally
>>
>>67962116
It could very well be an abandoned plot line, that Audrey was taken by the cult, and if so I'm glad they abandoned it.

But there's no evidence to suggest she went to a tuttle school or fringe churches, which was the recruiting grounds for the abductions.

It seems most possible that as a child, she had absorbed what she was hearing about the case from her father, like over hearing conversations and phone calls and such, and expressed it through her drawings.

But really I think it's just supposed to add layers of spookiness, repeating themes and images constantly throughout the show, and not supposed to be literal.
>>
>>67968212
>But really I think it's just supposed to add layers of spookiness, repeating themes and images constantly throughout the show, and not supposed to be literal.
This is basically how I see it. The whole environment of the show is full of this oppressively primal feeling, even the parts that are more domestic. I feel like the use of these images and motifs are a way of symbolizing how people come into contact with that darkness in their own environments somewhat mirroring the characters of Rust and Marty, who have that kind of darkness in them ("the world needs bad men, they keep the other bad men from the door").
I think that's why Marty flipped his shit over his daughter that one time, because he sees that he's not really keeping "the badness" away, because it's not an external force and how he justifies his cheating on Maggie.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.