[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's this guy's deal anyway?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
So what's this guy's deal anyway?
>>
>>67958058
even the stormtroopers are black now
>>
Well I'd imagine the answer lies beneath his mask
>>
D-Dark Troopers?
>>
Does anyone else find this shot incredibly amateurish? It really looks like some dude in his backyard with his buddies making a Star Wars flick. God I hate JJ and his influence of making Star Wars more "real" and like the old serials.
>>
What is this?
>>
>>67958093
>imagine
IMAGINE
>>
>>67958150
Rogue one I guess
>>
File: Phase_III_dark_trooper.jpg (205 KB, 950x1400) Image search: [Google]
Phase_III_dark_trooper.jpg
205 KB, 950x1400
Dark Troopers.

Elite Stormtroopers who go on special missions for The Empire and have special equipment like cloaking technology and jetpacks.

Probably hunting down the people who stole the plans to The Death Star
>>
I want this teaser to the trailer to stop desu famalan
>>
>>67958175
But they're robots not human, the "dark" troopers in the OP are clearly human.
>>
Where did this come from?
>>
My name isn't important. What’s important is what I am going to do. I just fucking hate this republic. And the jedi feeding on it’s carcass. My blasters are just cold, bitter, hatred. And I always wanted to turn to the darkside. This is the time for suspending, and no one is worth saving. I will kill as many jedi as possible. It’s time for me to suspend, and it’s time for me to get suspended. My sith crusade begins here.
>>
>>67958224
Kyle katarn leaked the footage
>>
>>67958175
Shadow Troopers actually
>>
File: Darktrooper.png (58 KB, 169x384) Image search: [Google]
Darktrooper.png
58 KB, 169x384
>>67958215

Well they made robots of them in The EU, but the original were human soldiers.
>>
File: darth_shadow_by_sonicknight007.jpg (116 KB, 900x922) Image search: [Google]
darth_shadow_by_sonicknight007.jpg
116 KB, 900x922
>>67958241
>>
>>67958215
Who says? They could be robots that are normal human-sized instead of fuckhuge.
>>
Screenshot this, Darth Vader will cameo in the teaser.
>>
>>67958313
It's treason then
>>
>>67958092
There always have been.
>>
>>67958058
Probably "elite troopers" guarding the Death Star plans...
>>
>>67958256

The robots came first in Dark Forces, which were robots that were made to wipe out the Rebels, and were involved in the initial EU version of stealing the Death Star plans.

Battlefront then tried to retcon this into them being humans initially, or aged clones or whatever.

It doesn't matter in the end, they'll be white supremacists in the movie anyways.
>>
>>67958645

How will they be white supremacists when they'll be killing a mishmash of aliens and humans of all different ethnicities?
>>
>>67958092
The tie fighter pilots have always worn black SS uniforms.
>>
>>67958645
Dark Forces was such a great fucking game. When are we going to get another Star Wars FPS?
>>
File: XTCALES.jpg (19 KB, 206x200) Image search: [Google]
XTCALES.jpg
19 KB, 206x200
BOOSH
>>
File: dV4WvoK.png (257 KB, 1915x1086) Image search: [Google]
dV4WvoK.png
257 KB, 1915x1086
>>67959004

Never.

Star Wars games are now under EA's jurisdiction and we all know how fucking well they treat their IPs
>>
>>67958092
Nah these troopers would still be clones right??
>>
>>67958058
>send in these guys and possibly Boba Fett and co. to retrieve the Death Star plans in Rogue One
>normal grunt troopers are going after the plans in ANH

just fuck my story up
>>
Unrelated, but why is the Empire so human oriented? It's always been this way, and it's weird. Surely you'd enlist all form of aliens.
>>
>>67958645

Weren't there 3 phases of development in the dark trooper project? 1 & 2 were droids and 3 was a more stormtrooper looking power armor.
>>
>>67958058
>Kyle Katarn story with no Kyle Katarn
Why.
>>
>>67959168

Sheev is xenophobic as fuck. Some aliens get enlisted if they're superior to the rest of their species.
>>
>>67959168
Humans make up most of the galaxy compared to other species. Elitism is bound to set in when you're dealing with a majority. It would also require resources to mold unique uniforms to fit a species that might differ in shape to a human. You could make a case for very humanoid species like the Chiss though.
>>
>>67958256
>>67958645
>Not wanting to fight for the space nazis
>>
>>67959280
>wanting gary stu
>>
>>67959040
I wish this fantastic list exposes the fact that EA had been sitting on the Porsche license forever, so Gran Turismo wouldn't get Porsche, and Microsoft had to pay up, but only to create a Porsche DLC expansion.
>>
>>67959040
Addendum to that; EA reverse engineered the Genesis and fully intended to release their games on it without paying any licensing fees until threatened with litigation.

They're a great company.
>>
>>67959072
They really need to establish in this movie that clones haven't been used for years. This question comes up from people that understandably don't bother with EU shit all the time.
>>
>>67960388

I think the idea is that their completely ignoring the prequels except for major facts.

They literally might not even bring up clones
>>
>>67959023

underrated
>>
>>67960771
They mentioned clones in TFA
>>
>>67958123

Tfa had parts that felt the same

>dutch angles lol
>quick pans lol
>>
so this is going to be talked about non stop for the next fucking however many months then ?

jesus fucking christ i need to stop coming here
>>
>>67961879
you're a big poster
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 541x559
>>67961912
F-for u
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.