[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last show you dropped and why? Pic Unrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1354664907551.png (2 MB, 1856x1888) Image search: [Google]
1354664907551.png
2 MB, 1856x1888
What was the last show you dropped and why?

Pic Unrelated
>>
Hannibal probably, after a few episodes. Call me a pleb all you want, but I disliked the actor playing Will so much I couldn't take it. He was such a depressing mopey bastard, he made me sick. Plus, I read the show wasn't going to have Clarice, so I didn't care anymore.

Pity really, it looked really well made on every other aspect.
>>
>>67951392
That fucking picture.
>>
>>67951392
Sons of Anarchy. It got boring. Season 2 was pretty solid though.

RIP Halfsack ;_;
>>
GoT should be with TWD.
>>
>>67951392
Daredevil

Stopped after six episodes, got sick of how trite and stupid it was
>>
>>67951392
Why the fuck isn't Seinfeld on the comedy side?
>>
>>67951392
what kind of shitty chart is this?
>>
>>67951392

>Quality isn't important anymore
>lists L O S T

triggered.
>>
File: pic_1406251220_1.jpg (20 KB, 428x240) Image search: [Google]
pic_1406251220_1.jpg
20 KB, 428x240
> No mention of Buffy whatsoever

That's just so sad that this show is both severely underrated and completely forgotten. Great overarching plots, characters, one offs, acting and the special effects didn't age that much (excepts for the biggest monsters obviously). Granted the first season is a slog for most people, but it's just great from that point on.
>>
>>67951392
>No Seinfeld
>No Simpsons
>No True Detevtice
>Always Sunny under "More?"

oh I'm just mad now good bait OP
>>
File: 1398420231506.png (235 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
1398420231506.png
235 KB, 492x492
>>67952615
>severely underrated and completely forgotten
>Buffy
>>
>>67952615
1) Wrong thread friend
2) Buffy has one of the biggest cult followings of any series ever
>>
>>67952615
>joss whedon show
>not trash
The only show that he's ever made that is worth watching is Firefly and that's because he didn't have enough time to fuck it all up
>>
>>67952615
>That's just so sad that this show is both severely underrated and completely forgotten
nigger feminists and lesbians have latched so hard onto Buffy it's basically a cult now. There's literally college courses on Buffy now
>>
>>67952896

HURRRR ALL WHEDON SHOWS RETROACTIVELY SUCK LE JOSS SWEDEN SJW QUIPTRON MAY MAY XD

Kill yourself, fucking drone.
>>
>>67952934
for me Buffy is definitely a case of "love the show, hate the fans" just like Xena
>>
>>67951392
Not necessarily dropped outright but X-Files. I'm 3 seasons in and then I just switched over to House of Cards for their new season, Daredevil S2, and then Jessica Jones which I'm finishing up now. When I'm done I'll probably go back maybe, but the quality seems to be dropping to me. Does it pick up at all?

Also seeing my campus's clock tower used as a sniper tower was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DtlVIjKq3A
>>
>>67953212
The X-Files is very spotty in terms of episode quality. Honestly I'd say you've gotten through the worst already and it should be picking up (i.e. no more seasons that are 50% "killer comes back from the dead to continue killing" episodes)

I'd honestly just stick to Monster of the Week episodes, preferably the ones that lean towards the humorous, and read a quick synopsis of the ones you're feeling iffy about
>>
>>67951392
I dropped OZ after the riot. There was no character on the show that I liked. Everyone was a huge faggot.

>They killed Dino (the best character) episode 1
>>
Daredevil Season 2

After episode 4 I felt like I finished a movie and I got the Daredevil v Punisher that I wanted
>>
>>67951392
This is missing Veep
>>
>>67951392
The Wire. I watched the pilot and hated it, then about a year later my roommate persuaded me to give it another go. Made it about three episodes in before calling it.

Before that, Lost.
>>
>>67953319
I fucking hate you.
>>
>>67951392
what an amazing mix of trash and quality. it's like why even make an infographic? it's so clearly just some pleb's tastes, they didn't even try to be objective
>>
File: harold-perrineau-books.jpg (23 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
harold-perrineau-books.jpg
23 KB, 640x360
>>67953460
JK Simmons should have fucking destroyed Tobias in secret but he became a little bitch. The Italians got destroyed by the Irish and all of the good black gangs became fucked up once that one faggot joined Said. The only character that I actually liked and had a chance of redemption was Harold. Everyone else just became worse.
>>
>tv comedy
>no the thick of it

Come on m8
>>
>>67951392
Xena. I saw it as a kid and loved it. Tried to watch it this past week and just couldn't.
>>
>>67953717
Odd

I love it even more as an adult than I did as a kid
>>
>>67953792
Maybe I grew up and you didn't?
>>
File: 1445892199535.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445892199535.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
I dropped misfits after season 1, and I don't think I finished that season.

I dropped Walking Dead after season 3, waited some time, then dropped it again after season 5

I dropped Dexter after season 7. Should've done that sooner.

Dropped Sherlock after season 2.

I've never watched anything other than the pilot of Breaking Bad. Probably will watch it later on. (Was not long ago that I watched it)

Literally fuck anything like Futurama, Simpsons, Southpark, American Dad, etc

I also dropped Legend of Korra after episode 2.

I'm still watching GoT for the memes.
>>
File: 1459035529567.gif (3 MB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
1459035529567.gif
3 MB, 266x200
>>67953851
>>
>>67953851
Or maybe you're one of those boring faggots who cringes whenever he watches something campy or silly?
>>
>>67951392
Hell on Wheels after a season and a half
X-files after season 7
>>
>>67951392
>no Silicon Valley
>>
File: callisto_wtf_am_I_reading.jpg (62 KB, 488x492) Image search: [Google]
callisto_wtf_am_I_reading.jpg
62 KB, 488x492
>>67953717
>>
>>67953916
>misfits

Dropped after season 1, rest was turning to shit.

>Walking Dead

Episode 3, terrible really and it is a genre I like.

>Sherlock

Dropped in them middle of the last episode of season 1. Too much like Doctor Who without what makes Doctor Who good.

>Breaking Bad

Not my genre, couldn't get into it.

>Futurama, Simpsons, Southpark, American Dad

Terrible. I don't know how people can watch that shit.

>Legend of Korra

I made it to episode 3 I think. It is just typical crap.

>GoT

Dropped it last season, should have dropped it 2 seasons before it.

>>67954006
I don't cringe. I don't have empathy for retarded shit.

>>67954078
>wtf_am_I_reading

An opinion of an adult.
>>
>>67953851
>I'm an adult now so I only watch grimdark shows
Congrats on turning 16
>>
>>67954112
We're not so different, you and I
>>
>>67954112
I would suggest the first season of Z nation if you like zombies. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is pretty funny at some points (zombie baby).
>>
>>67951392
Dropped One Tree Hill after episode 5, does it pick up?
>>
>>67954272
I made it a little ways past the zombie baby, but it wasn't doing it for me.
>>
Parks and rec. I thought it was alright but it didnt knock my socks off and theres better stuff to keep on in the background.
>>
>>67954470
>not just watching the Best of Parks and Rec on youtube

they're the only scenes worth of watching
>>
>>67951392
Homeland.

Watched the First Season. I enjoyed it somewhat. The ending could've been awesome when Brody almost kills every major US politician in a suicide blast , but it doesn't happen. Then I realized it's probably one of those shows that resets everything at the end of each season, So I dropped it.
>>
>>67951392
Here's all you need to know about television:
Band of Brothers
Seinfeld
Venture Brothers
The Sopranos

Those four series encapsulate the television experience completely and perfectly. There's nothing left for you in tv.
If you're bored and looking for something to do I suggest picking up a book. protip: start with the greeks

Film is more visceral than literature and to the wise it has more meaning, although a pleb would think the opposite. Once your mind has been broadened to the point that you can understand metaphors you can begin watching films here: https://letterboxd.com/pileofcrowns/list/tv-film-school/

At some point before you finish the /tv/ film list you will gain enough industry insight to seek out your own recommendations. You can stop watching when you've achieved self-actualization; you will know when it happens.

Good luck friend.
>>
>>67955474
God you sound insufferable
>>
>>67951392
Left needs at least X-Files.

Comedy shows missing Trailer Park Boys, The Office (both UK and US but only till season 7),
Frisky Dingo, Rick & Morty.

>What was the last show you dropped and why?
I can't stand the main actor over the top acting and stupid writing.
>>
>>67955474
First, you can take that giant stick out of your ass. Then we'll talk.

t.redditor
>>
Trailer Park Boys. The acting and writing felt like i was watching a youtube video series made by 8th graders
>>
Well I gave up on The Simpsons midway through 11. I'll finish it eventually and maybe push on to the reported "okay" episodes in the next season, but I'm more or less done with it

I stopp watching Bob's Burgers a couple episodes into this season. It's completely run it's course. Peaked in season 3-4 and running on fumes since then
>>
>>67953212
I also took a break from X-Files S3 a month or two ago. For two reasons

One is how pessimistic the entire mytharc is. Its got some really exciting stuff, but it always ends with Mulder one step behind and the bad guys always get away with it, nothing is solved and I know it only gets worse from here. Hard to stay invested despite the mytharc being fun right now

Two is Clyde Bruckman episode. Its just so fucking good, easily the best episode of the series so far with the previous Morgan episode not far behind. Its just hard to watch the rest of the hit or miss MOTW episodes after that, especially since Morgan's take on the show is so fresh compared to the regular gloom of the series
>>
>>67956340
Yeah I agree with you on the myth arc, I'm just not even that invested in it at this point. Also I don't understand how Skully is STILL skeptical about everything after the metric ton of shit she's seen, but I guess that's her character.

I really liked the Clyde Bruckman episode as well and I also really really like "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'" and I really like "Beyond the Sea" but mostly because I really like Brad Dourif and I think he is a really really underused actor.
>>
>>67956000
I'm trying to look like I belong here

t. redditor
>>
The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul.

Both terrible.
>>
>>67957109
>I'm trying to look like I belong here
In that case, all you have to do is recommend capeshit netflix shows. You'll fit right in, newfriend.
>>
>>67951822
Fuck that show, it's literally made for 14 year olds.
>>
>>67959054
smdh meant to greentext that one man
>>
I started watching but dropped trueblood, dexter, and that meth show with the teacher.tThey were so hyped up on like news shows abd whatever so I was like ok these shows shoukd be awesome.

They wernt.

They were ok but I guess all the hype made my expectations too high.

I dont want to start the sopranos for this reason. Ill just take everyones word that it was a great show with a bad ending.

Maybe I expect more out of premium cable, I am paying extra for it.
>>
Agents of Shield. Fuck that show man. I was told it gets better but it doesn't. Absolutely trash show.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.