[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Real Defintion of "KINO"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1920x1080
Kino is a state it is a transcendental sometimes even metaphysical 'instant' of cinema which refuses dialogue or plot for pure emotion or an expression of feeling. A notable example would be this long shot which slowly pans into Batman in Christopher Nolan's 2008 (The Dark Knight) as he stands on a radio mast(55:20) as the music builds a sense of post 9/11 unease into a crescendo. In fact The Dark Knight has another of these moments as Joker hangs out of the police car licking his lips accompanied by a pulsating nihilistic droning, these are the only instances of Kino in Capeshit, other instances of Kino in modern cinema include, but are not limited by:
>The scene in No Country for Old Men where Chigurh crosses a bridge and shoots a single bird
>The ENTIRE 'Lacrimosa' sequence in The Tree of Life
>The opening scene of The Revenant
>The opening sequence of There Will be Blood
>Samsara
Attempts of 'Pseudo-Kino' (far more likely to be referred to as 'Pretend-Cinema) are few are far between but occur more often than people expect examples include, but are not limited to:
>The Stock Exchange sequence in The Dark Knight Rises
>Superman's funeral scene in Batman v Superman
>The ENTIRETY of Nicholas Refn's Drive
>Macbeth (2015)
>Mad Max: Fury Road
The only reason I'm talking about this is because I'm a tad annoyed at /tv/'s irreverent and patently inauthentic use of the term to perpetuate meme culture when there are notable and valid uses of the term which in educating yourself to such I believe will greatly progress in depth cinematic discussion on this board.
Cheers.
>>
>he fell for the kino meme
>>
>>The opening sequence of There Will be Blood
Congrats plebeian
You just admit you're a complete plebeian
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>67948245
This
>>
>>67948245
>A notable example would be this long shot which slowly pans into Batman in Christopher Nolan's 2008 (The Dark Knight) as he stands on a radio mast(55:20) as the music builds a sense of post 9/11 unease into a crescendo.
This is a pretty good imitation of a retard trying to write something that he thinks is intelligent.
>>
>>67948245
>image.jpg
>>
>>67948245
It's cinema in German, senpai.
>>
>>67948245
OP, I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers
>>
File: what-an-asshole.jpg (202 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
what-an-asshole.jpg
202 KB, 500x375
>>67948245
>MFW Trying to force a new copypasta.
>>
Macbeth was pseudokino. It was emotive all the way round
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.