[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to watch this, what should I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 1600x600
About to watch this, what should I expect?
>>
>>67944480
Jack Bauer, the cop

With even less integrity, actually next to no integrity.

This is what happens when BROS become cops.
Dropped after a couple episodes
>>
>>67944826
Wait, so it's not actually good like everyone says. I'm gonna try it out regardless because you're probably shitposting.
>>
>>67944826
>>67945023
Now that I've started it I can see you were not shitposting. I'm gonna stick with it until the end of the season to see if it gets better, but this is already annoying as fuck
>the shaky camera when he punched the nigger
>the annoying intro
>the cliche conversation with, I'm guessing the chief
>>
>>67945023
Nah, just a bunch of assholes who are corrupt cops. Didn't give a shit about a single character on this show. You'd have to pay me to watch more of the this.

Southland and Luther are examples of shows that are way better (but shorter in number of episodes)
>>
>>67944480
It's a really good tv show when it was on Tv, but binge watching it seems dumb. if you're seen the wire, you're gunna hate it, if you havn't seen the wire you'll love it. then watch the wire.
>>
>>67945288
I saw the ending, it was good, better then most endings in most tv shows. didn't see any other episode. was good. tried to watch anything else, couldn't. At the least, i don't know why movies and tv shows find it so hard to make an ending.
>>
And he's got the dweeb counterpart in the suit that he works with. No thanks, basically a jew lawyer. And that strong independent black woman cop

It really is one cliche after another
>>
>>67945306
I saw the first season and a half of the wire. I temporarily dropped it because of how pissed I got when d'angelo got killed. Not just because he died, but because of how the best character got such a shit death It's been a while since I watched it though so I actually might start that again when I'm done with this.
>>
>>67945288

So your biggest complaint is that the characters are immoral? Do you hate The Sopranos or The Wire for the same reason?
>>
>>67945421

Characters getting killed in an abrupt and ugly way is a staple of The Wire, if it turns you off that much you shouldn't continue.
>>
>>67945428
Not him but I assumed he meant there's nothing more to it than them being dirty cops. The people in those shows are shitty but there's more to their characters than just being a dick.
>>
>>67945306

>if you're seen the wire, you're gunna hate it, if you havn't seen the wire you'll love it.

Incorrect, seen both, love both. They're both very different shows, even though they're about similar things. The Shield is more action-y and shocking, focuses on the main character. The Wire doesn't really have a main character, focuses on deeper themes and is a lot more subtle. If you view them as similar shows you're probably going to end up thinking that The Shield is too flashy or The Wire is too boring.
>>
>>67945477
I'm gonna finish watching it eventually because even though I was pissed at that, it was still a great show. I expect just about everyone to die, but come on you kill the best character one season in?
>>
File: 1449786781985.jpg (58 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1449786781985.jpg
58 KB, 720x540
>these fags bashing on the shield

Its great OP, each season tops the last. Has one if the greatest (if not the best) finales ever. The precedural parts can get a little stale, but the continuing story is great. I watcyed the entire series within a month
>>
It's great, I think it starts off a little slow while you get to know the characters and I found Shane annoying throughout the series. Vic is a piece of shit, but he is charismatic and he gets the audience on his side just like he gets the strike team on his side.
>>
>>67945517

So there's no problem, because they aren't just dicks with badges. The show also focuses on their better side, their love for their families, their brotherhood, principles that they have to sacrifice, genuine desire to help some people, etc. I'm not surprised that someone doesn't fully understand the show after watching just a few episodes.
>>
File: vic the based.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
vic the based.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Anyone who compares The Shield and The Wire is retarded. The only thing they have in common is they involve police.
>>
One of the rare series that actually gets better in the later seasons. Also bretty good finale.
>>
>>67945738
Holy shit that was badass, I'll keep watching even if the plot is shit just to see more shit like that.
>>
>>67945664

Vic is such a great character, such a difference between the jock image he presents and his actual capabilities. What a fantastic performance.
>>
>>67945618
I'd only add that it's better than The Wire. The Wire has better writing and is more consistent quality wise, but the highs and tension in The Shield is unmatched.

The action scenes in The Wire are abysmal. Compared to The Shield's where the danger and tension feels real, has to do with the camera work, performances, sound, editing.
>>
>>67945738

Anyone know which episode this is?
>>
>>67945862
Season 1 finale, Circles.
>>
>>67945428
No they just weren't interesting characters. They were all BRO cops who did what they wanted, all while saving the day simultaneously. And as I mentioned, a ton of boring cop cliches
And shit production value.

Just plain boring man. Filler tv
>>
>>67945841
I wouldnt really compare the two but I agree.

A good scene is when Lem has to fight off three cartel members, that was wrought with tension, you didnt know if he would live, especially since one had a shotgun right in his face during the fight.

Then you have a scene like when Kima gets shot and it just feels like nothing.
>>
It's a good show. Season 5 onward is when it reaches greatness
>>
>>67945985

Cheers, big ears.
>>
>>67945288
Fuck you Southland is not better than this show
>>
>>67944480
Incredible show.

Each season better than the last with a breathtaking ending.

Also fucking leave the thread before you get major spoilers.

enjoy
>>
>>67946095
And then there's this pleb.
>>
the tension in the shield is unreal, you have to watch it op
>>
One of the best shows ever. I'll need to rewatch it as it's been a while, but I can say for certain it has the best ending of any show and season 5 onwards is GOAT tier
>>
>>67945421
Well, you're supposed to feel that, but, without spoilers, I will say that you should keep watching
>>
It's like The Wire mixed with 24

It's fantastic and the relationships between the members of the Strike Team as well as the relationship between Dutch and Claudette are unbelievably well written
>>
>>67945582
This. The Wire is about transcending the TV medium while The Shield is about reveling within its boundaries.
>>
>>67945288
lol luther
>>
>>67944480
BAMDIDIDAMDIDAMDIDAMDIDI
>>
>>67945277
>>67945288
Wow you guys are both faggots. I hate you. PROTIP: Vic is not the only character on the show.
>>
>>67945738

this is one of mt favorite moments. great acting.
>>
File: The_Shield_game_cover.jpg (30 KB, 278x396) Image search: [Google]
The_Shield_game_cover.jpg
30 KB, 278x396
It's kinda sad how audiences and critics stopped paying attention to the show in teh later seasons.

Also. I just found out about pic today. apparently it's one of the worst games ever made.
>>
File: poster.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
so is this show any better?
>>
>>67950651
Good, but far from better.
>>
>>67944480
>About to watch this, what should I expect?
The Doc style directing fades away as it progresses so if you hate that don't drop it.

The ending is very good. It's a show with a beginning, mid and ending. The main story never stops developing and the season arch are all based off of it.

I watched the wire first and I still liked it alot.
>>
>>67950651
Light years ahead of the Shield, other than the first season.
>>
>>67950651
The ending would be alot better if the main character died.
>>
>>67951101
This. It's never over until the MC is dead, either kill them or don't end the show. If they're still alive it leaves questions like will they stay being happy (if it was a happy ending) or will they go back to their life of crime (if it was something like breaking bad where the MC is a criminal). The only endings that would be able to get away with not killing the MC would be life in prison or something like that where you know definitively there's no chance of them doing anything else.
>>
>>67951398
The worst was that they had that duel. It would have been poetry if both the duelists died.
Like finally Givens got a good match. Like that, on the roadside with the sun setting over kentuchy's hills.

Also,
Vic didn't die in the end of Shield and it was still a good ending. Mainly because he end up with something he was proud of avoiding, desk work. And having to do that the rest of his days was worse than getting killed in the line of work. That is way the ending is so good.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.