[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's supposed to be fun! >why don't you just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1459935080556.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1459935080556.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>it's supposed to be fun!
>why don't you just turn your brain off bro lol
>that's why you don't have any friends
>you take things too seriously
>>
>>67941882
first two are fucking retarded
second two are right
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>67941882
I don't understand "turning your brain off" but you can have fun with a film. Also lighten the fuck up, you keep being a lame stress-ball you'll old and approaching death before you know it.
>>
>>67942098
but a huge sign of being old is regressing back into a child like state and losing the critical thinking and ability to criticize something, instead favoring to be simply amused and entertained rather than challenged
>>
What does "turn your brain off" mean really? Like, going to sleep? Or not paying attention to the movie? Plenty of people hate movies because they weren't paying attention and missed stuff.
How can you enjoy something while not thinking?
I've just never understood the phrase or what it means. What is the state of mind closest to "turning your brain off"?
>>
File: 1389203032298.jpg (136 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
1389203032298.jpg
136 KB, 591x591
>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who are pro neo-80s
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>>
>>67942214
>>67942214
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolefeed
>>
>>67942248
>faggots who try hard to impress other faggots on an Italian meatball tossing board
>>
>>67942248
Film is entertainment though. Even if something's deeply heart-wrenching and thought-provoking, that doesn't mean it's not entertainment.
I agree that this phrase shouldn't be used to justify shitty movies not making sense, but to say it's flat out wrong sounds like you're saying movies aren't supposed to be enjoyable.
>>
>>67942248
>>67942248
I swear to god on okcupid like EVERY SECOND whore has kubrick/2001 listed in her profile's movie section, it's fucking unreal

And then there's alwys these sepia-tinted retrica selfies with always the same poses and retarded faces, it's uncanny really
>>
File: 1364995490931.png (128 KB, 345x294) Image search: [Google]
1364995490931.png
128 KB, 345x294
>>67942307
>he doesn't want to toss meatballs with the lads after a sargent parajano retrospective
>>
>>67942248
2001 just passed it's time. It was relevant when it was made, and I think that attributes to most of it's success now.

I can't think of any other reason, because this movie is a drawn-out ham-handed piece of crap with a terribly anti-climactic ending that must have been written by Rod Serling.
>>
>people who like obscure shit for their hipster points

>>67942248
>>67942403
>>
There is nothing inherently wrong about enjoying movies where you have to "turn your brain off". If those movies aren't your thing and you want to discuss higher brow films you can, just find the right people to do it with. Don't act better than others because you're too much of an eejit to find the right crowd.
>>
>>67942307
bestia non ti azzardare
>>
OP has autism
>>
>>67942214
doesn't think about any logical, scientific or physical bullshit.

did you watch The Core? that's exact example i can give you about "movies you turning your brain off to enjoy"
>>
>people who call out things being unrealistic in a movie
>>
File: 1455922188672.jpg (111 KB, 998x800) Image search: [Google]
1455922188672.jpg
111 KB, 998x800
>>67941882
As much as I hate people who say this, I equally despise pretentious faggots who don't think entertainment value is an important thing for a film to have

Not every films needs to be enriching, deep or "important"
>>
>>67941882
kys frogposter
>>
>>67942248
Stop posting this stupid pasta dumb hipster
Go back to /mu/
>>
>>67942248
Agreed, but Seven Samurai is great. You just balk at it because it's well-known and often invoked by people with only cursory interest in or knowledge of film
>>
>>67941882
>ever having had this said to you, by anyone
you're already lost familia
>>
>people who don't care for films being entertaining
>bastardizing an art form this much
>being this oblivious to the whole concept of film
fucking hipsters REEEEEEE
>>
>>67942214
It's called not being a nitpicking autist and enjoying the film for what is instead of hating it for what it isn't

When I eat junk food I don't try to compare it to the gourmet meal I ate last week
>>
>>67942214
It means you enjoy the aesthetic, mise-en-scene and cinematography of the kino without being a hyper-analyzing xxTJ sperg constantly cross referencing imbd watching for asynchronousities
>>
Haha if someone tells you "that's why you don't have any friends" you're in deep shit
>>
>>67941882
Are you one of those pretentious hipsters who thinks Starship Troopers is a bad movie?
>>
>>67942248
>People who like weebshit
>People (hipster faggots) who think watching one foreign film equates having good taste
>>
File: Hillary.jpg (21 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Hillary.jpg
21 KB, 400x500
>I hated that film
>wow I bet you got laid in high school
>>
>>67942248
This is the hard truth.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.