[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great first 6 or so episodes but this show jumped the shark hard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
Great first 6 or so episodes but this show jumped the shark hard.
>>
Never jumped. I'd say there was a slow decline from GOAT to just good through the first season, but it's quality entertainment all the way through.
>>
>>67937417
That's fair but the plot "twist" at around episode 7 or 8 really felt poorly handled. I understand it showed the real level of crazy Elliot is, just wasn't well done by the standard the show set early on.
>>
>>67937231
i was very dissapointed they didnt continue with the actual CS hacking aspect, it became fightclub (which I fucking predicted in the first episode)

still good show, excited to see wtf happens in s2
>>
>>67937496
I haven't watched this since it aired, but IIRC there was never a 'twist'. It was made obvious from the get-go that Mr. Robot was imaginary, and the show only 'hid' this for the sake of Elliot not the audience. If you thought you were clever for 'figuring it out' you weren't; it was never meant to be a secret.

p.s. when is S2 happening? I may marathon S1 before.
>>
>>67937727
sometime this year
>>
>>67937727
I never claimed to be clever about the "twist". I'm claiming it was a garbage plot point that borderline ruined how great the first half of the season was.
>>
Pilot is good and then it literally goes nowhere.
>>
>>67937231

LGBT shit
>>
>>67937231
that's around the prison plot, right? they drop it pretty quickly and it hits a home run in its last 2 eps fám.
>>
>>67937871
This is pretty much how I felt about it. I liked the atmosphere early on, but eventually the show just went ahead and jumped like three sharks.

The later episodes felt like I was watching people who were acting.
>>
Everything up until the qtpi junkie waifu being murdered is fantastic. His girlfriend getting murdered because of his bullshit was also excellent, but the whole prison escape plot was a signal that the show no longer had any interest in realism.
>>
Marathoned to the fourth episode, sat there for an hour watching lazy dream sequences and dull as dishwater lesbian subplots, realised as the credits came up that nothing had happened the entire episode, which is just utterly unacceptable in the first half of your first season, and dropped it hard.
>>
>>67937231
>losing your life savings in the market crash so the local barrista doesn't have to pay his arts degree student loans
lmao

also that hacking team was pure sjw fiction
>>
>>67937231
Quite literally red-dot the show

I know this because my autist friend who is literally red-dot the human, loves it
>>
>evil corp
>fuck society

Too edgy for me.
>>
What a dumb show.
The first episode is really engaging though, what a waste.
But anything after that is confusing or dumb :

>Evil couple who speak in mandarin because they are so evil, but you never really get what they want
>Fuckingly overdone twist
>Characters with no personnality and totally forgatable, all of them
>Cringy writing made by a film student obsessed with anonymous

I won't watch season 2.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.