[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is ths neon demon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: LVoX7VR.jpg (257 KB, 1200x1601) Image search: [Google]
LVoX7VR.jpg
257 KB, 1200x1601
Who is ths neon demon?
>>
You are.
>>
Another Carrie remake? Great
>>
ellen fanny
>>
>>67928709
I heard that the guys at Cannes don't want to show because they think it's shit, despite the premiere being promised to Refn, so there's a big fight going behind the scenes at Cannes.
>>
>>67931197
Source?
>>
>>67931197
Where did you heard that? God, this place is full of liars.
>>
>>67931251
>>67931356
Give me a sec, it was in some article about Cannes from last week after the opening film was announced (Woody Allen movie).
>>
>>67931197
Source: your ass.
>>
>>67931396
>>67931356
>>67931251
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cannes-film-festival-predictions-bfg-2016-1201738289/
Not the same article, but there's a little about it in here.
>>
>>67928709
More like SEMEN DEMON!!! AMIRITE?!?!?
>>
Drive 2 when?
>>
>>67931197
>Rfen
>Shit
Nah lad. Worst case it's just ok
>>
>>67928709
The synopsis sounds bad. I'm afraid of seeing the finished product tbqh
>>
>>67932624
>>67932167
I love Refn, but the screenplay was awful. Like a special level of bad.
>>
>>67928709
That poster is 70's as hell.

I like it.
>>
>>67932167
The other way around actually, best case scenario is it's okay (like Drive)
>>
>>67932624
>>67932649
Synopsis legitimately sounds like a 70s softcore exploitation flick and not in a good way
>>
>>67932649
Well, the pitch for Valhalla Rising wasn't great either...
>we follow a mute one-eyed Viking during his spiritual journey into unknown territories
...but it turned out to be not half bad.
>>
>>67932805
I adore Valhalla Rising.

However, you can read the script for The Neon Demon online (google it), and it's just so incredibly bad. It's really as if Tommy Wiseau had written a horror movie, including bizarre dialogue, and ostensibly pointless/filler scenes and characters. It's not Refn-like at all.
>>
>>67932860
>(google it)
I don't even know why you assumed it wasn't the first thing I did when I saw Winding Refn was making another film. I totally agree with you though, to me this story sounds like Refn is totally settling and doesn't want to challenge himself anymore, the guy pitched a lousy idea and everyone bought it. It's disappointing really, especially after what he did in his homecountry...
>>
>>67932649
>>67932799
>>67932860
>implying Refn's films are anywhere close to the script

Read the "screenplay" for OGF. It's nothing like the final product at all.
>>
File: (39) elli.jpg (67 KB, 432x594) Image search: [Google]
(39) elli.jpg
67 KB, 432x594
aaawwwww yeeeeaaaaaa
>>
WOW CHICHI! YOU'RE DUMB AS HELL!
>>
>DUDE 80S REVIVALIST KINO LMAO

When will this meme end?
>>
>>67931197

Only God Forgives was booed at Cannes. Not surprising.
>>
>>67934335
Cannes crowd are plebs. OGF is the definition of kino.
>>
>>67934317
When enough people will have made enough easy millions of course.
>>
>>67934224
NIIIIIIIIICE
>>
Refn is an autistic nutjob who believes in voodoo, ghosts, alchemy and new age bullshit. He believes the towel he wears ia a lucky charm that keeps energy around him or something. He also has no fashion sense whatsoever, which is odd considering how visual he as a film maker
>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his licence 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies without chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarrot cards
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>cried on live Danish TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iphone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>has no neck
>>
>>67934317
>KINO
When will this meme end?
>>
>>67934433
>said he now only watches movies on an iphone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
>>
>>67931428
>http://variety.com/2016/film/news/cannes-film-festival-predictions-bfg-2016-1201738289/
shit
>>
>>67934433
You can't deliver masterpieces like his, withouy being severly autistic
>>
>>67934224

Someone post the stabilized webm
>>
>>67934772
>Paramount reportedly withholding Martin Scorsese’s “Silence”

fuck
>>
>>67931428
>Verhoeven
yes
>it's a thriller
god dammit
>>
Why is Cannes such a bag of dicks guys?
And why does it hold any prestige?
They keep awarding Xavier Dolan for fuck's sake
>>
>>67933736
because he had to save it in post
>>
>>67934928
Fucking lel
Just stick to berlinale kiddo
>>
File: refngoslinghug.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
refngoslinghug.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>67934433
>posting the outdated version
famalam...

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>tried to kill his stepmom but the gun didn't go off
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>keeps writing scenes about his characters going to hookers then getting limp, obvious self-insert
>cried during his first meeting with the Goose
>cried on live Danish TV
>said he now only watches movies on an iPhone
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>has no neck
>>
>>67935876
He seems fun. Not to live with, but at least to observe.
>>
>>67936132

What are you every woman I've ever gone on a date with?
>>
>>67934772
Damn lot of good films coming soon
>>
>>67928709
thats a cool poster
>>
>>67934928
Cannes isn't prestige. The Palm o'der thing is better
>>
>>67935876
Sounds like how my mother sees me
>>
>>67928709
Drivecore still alive.
>>
>>67936344
for you
>>
Can't wait for the visuals and awesome soundtrack. Don't let me down mister autism man.

The naked bitches and lesbian scene between Jena Malone and Elle Fanning in the shower are just icing on the autism cake.
>>
File: neon-demon.jpg (323 KB, 1000x1295) Image search: [Google]
neon-demon.jpg
323 KB, 1000x1295
>tfw praying this movie won't be total shit so I can put this framed poster up in my media room
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.