[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spotlight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Spotlight_(film)_poster.jpg (86 KB, 260x385) Image search: [Google]
Spotlight_(film)_poster.jpg
86 KB, 260x385
Sorry if this thread is stale, but I havent seen one about this particular subject and I want to make one and see what you guys honestly think

Spotlight won best picture, and I'm pretty much shocked. It was fucking trash. I hated it. Like, it should NOT have even been a candidate, I thought it was so bad. But everyone I know don't know what Im talking about, like seriously it is as if we are watching two different movies
Am I crazy or just right
>>
sounds like someone was molested when they were a kid
>>
>>67922915
Why didn't you like it
>>
>>67922915
You're right. It's shit
>>
>>67923926
upvote
>>
>>67922915
fuck off it was an overall well crafted movie. an interesting subject with a slow but sophisticated build with good actors and interesting issues. yeah it seems sanctimonious and oscar baitish but the direction was top notch and although each part may not have been the best it came together pretty fucking well. it isn't like there were any better options
>>
>>67923926
that's literally why it won though, exposing pedo priests is important business for the jews. The film was just watchable enough to keep most people from getting upset
>>
>>67924069
Wrong. There have always been people getting raped when they were kids (by priests, rabbis or whomever). It's only in modern times that people have started to care about it. It's not because of the victims that this movie won, it's because of our willingness to champion them as victims.

Anyway, the movie was fun but ultimately it's just a remake of All the President's Men.
>>
It won because it was a safe, well executed movie, with decent to good acting all around. It was the least divisive of the nominations, and got the most votes. It was bretty gud, much better than everything else on the list with the exception of maybe Revenant, and Room.
>>
Spotlight is irrelevant. Pity that two best films, Mad Max FR and The Revenant, were put aside for this forgettable Lifetime flick. Either of them would make a deserving and memorable winner.
>>
>>67924901
Mad max was pretty forgettable tho
>>
>>67922915

Its easy to explain. Have you ever read a good detective novel/research journalism novel?

If thats not your cup of tea, then fine. Spotlight was an homage to the by-gone era of great journalism.
>>
>>67922915
>am i crazy or just right

/tv/ has a new tagline
>>
>Watch as journalists do the job they are paid to do, and then take gratuitous credit for it, thus taking attention away from the purpose of the story - molsted children. Directors then hijack the gratuitous credit provided to the journalists, taking even more attention from the purpose of the story - molested children - for the purposes of entertainment, winning oscars and money: The Movie

Fascinating.
>>
>terrorists fly two commercial airliners into the World Trade Center thus killing over 3000 people
>BUT THESE PRIESTS MAN! THESE PRIESTS MOLESTED SOME KIDS!
Every film about Boston is absolute fucking shit. Somebody should nuke that shithole already.
>>
File: 1456694765928.jpg (36 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1456694765928.jpg
36 KB, 500x469
>>67926038
im glad someone here gets it. Every time this is brought up someone's bitching about how boring it was or that it's giving too much credit to the reporters and not the story they reported on, which is true. It's about their profession.
>>
>>67926239

You can't seriously be suggesting that it won best picture because it was a film about the profession of journalism.
>>
>>67922915
It wasn't bad but it was your typical forgettable Oscar bait. Didn't have trouble finishing it but don't feel like I'll be watching it again in a long time.
>>
File: 1458573688844.png (213 KB, 635x542) Image search: [Google]
1458573688844.png
213 KB, 635x542
>>67926270
Yeah genius, that's what I'm saying: it won because its about journalists.

Your reading comprehension is remarkably low.
>>
File: kek(1).jpg (140 KB, 927x532) Image search: [Google]
kek(1).jpg
140 KB, 927x532
>>67926342

Fucking kek'd
>>
>>67926290
Pretty much this. I also liked the movie and think it was well made, directed and acted, but that's it. It didn't really do anything new, it's not very rewatchable and will be almost entirely forgotten by the time next year's Oscars roll in.
From the other nominated movies, Mad Max for sure will have the biggest impact on movie culture. Should it have won based on that? I honestly don't know.
>>
no man it wasnt 'bad' but it seriously....seriously should not have fucking won

really makes me buy into that 'jews control hollywood' thing even more implying i even doubted that in the first place kek

anti catholic pic best picture?

maybe if room, revenant, and mad max werent fucking released that year

nah not even then.

very pathetic selection.

i have seen Doubt, now that was much much better and of similar subject matter. i believe that was nominated for best picture that year but lost, cant recall
>>
>>67926342

Thanks for the chuckle.
>>
>>67922915
At least Inarritu's garbage didn't win.
>>
>>67927498
It was bad. Being boring doesn't make it good.

There was nothing interesting about this story from the perspective of the journalists. All the information was already given to the paper years earlier. They went back, dug it up and reported it. Big deal.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.