[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you like this Lex Luthor? Was he even better than Ledger's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
How did you like this Lex Luthor? Was he even better than Ledger's Joker?
>>
>>67917555
I think he will be in the same category to Ledger's in "Villains you actually remember" when the directors cut comes out.
Right now, he was pretty edgy, but his motives aren't very clear. As a comic fan I can fill in the dots, but no one else really can without just assuming.
>>
>>67917637
>"Villains you actually remember"

In this case it's not a good thing
>>
>>67917555
He was great imo. I didn't like his mannerisms but he was a more than capable villain.

He was in full control of everything that happened right up to the point he created doomsday
>>
liked his performance. don't think comparing him to ledger would achieve anything.
>>
No, because he was too manic. But other than that? There's actually a lot of the core of the character.

I enjoyed it enough, even if he took it too far a few times (DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING*100). He was fine as a young Lex. Hopefully, if he comes back, he'll be more dignified and restrained, and he'll be pretty great
>>
>>67917555
He made Gene Hackman look like a badass
>>
File: i'm literally lex luthor.png (51 KB, 604x490) Image search: [Google]
i'm literally lex luthor.png
51 KB, 604x490
He was the best part of the movie - not because he was a genuinely interesting reinterpretation of the character, but because he realized this flick was shit and decided to have fun with it.

Also daily reminder that his performance was supposedly based on the mannerisms of his friend and fellow film professional, Max Landis.
>>
>>67918642
I don't understand this statement. First of all, Popeye Doyle will always be a badass. Second, the point of the character was that he was a pretentious and disturbed child with enormous wealth and power.
>>
one of the worst movie villains I've ever seen.
>>
>>67917555
He nailed it. Everytime he's onscreen he's hypnotic.
He's basically 4chan incarnate.
>>
File: 1459468855599.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
1459468855599.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
He was perfect, Doomsday was meant to be a Requiem for those who died because of Invencible Son's inaction
>>
Just finished watching it. (the cam rip) At first he was annoying as shit, but that part where he is toying with superman on the rooftop was really neat. Then they went and ruined it at the end where he says "ding ding" gay as shit.
>>
>>67917555
Like some anon said the opening weekend: >Awful Lex but a great antagonist
>>
>>67918873
Gene played an intentionally campy fun villian. Jesse playing the twink faggot that he is not threatening in the least and it certainly isn't who Lex Luthor is. Lex need charisma or else the whole idea of his character is moot.
>>
>>67919141
well, gosh, when you put it that way, kid, you're hired! come down to Hollywood right away and meet me in my pagoda. you really know stuff about comic books. hope you don't mind drinking lapsang souchong from my buck's butthole.
>>
>>67919090
MMMM HORRORS FROM SPACE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>67919141
>not threatening
He kidnapped Supermans loved ones THEN got him killed.

He's far more effective at that stuff than any other cinematic Luther was.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.