[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was a good Godzilla monster. Way better than that Matthew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (233 KB, 1395x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233 KB, 1395x775
This was a good Godzilla monster. Way better than that Matthew Broderick turd.
>>
Was anyone saying otherwise?
>>
It was decent, kinda lame though. I don't like the idea of Godzilla being a "friend of humans." He should just be a big animal that causes destruction.
>>
>>67907316

>didn't eat the MUTOs

my biggest disappointment
>>
I like the 98 version considerably more than this film. I do not even particularly care for the look of Godzilla in this one. I think the movie was a gigantic piece of trash with deceitful marketing. At least the 98 version is kind of fun and offers a comfy 90s NY atmosphere. It's even better than some of the shittier Jap Godzillas. That said, I kind of think about it more as a generic monster movie than as a Godzilla movie since he looks and acts so different, but it is still a nice film, if a little misguided and way too long
>>
File: godzilla14948.jpg (115 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
godzilla14948.jpg
115 KB, 1920x1080
>>67907316
the visuals, the monsters and especially the fights were fucking amazing. the human characters not so much, but who cares? the endbattle made me wet my pants.
>>
>>67907316
well thats a given

solid 8/10, great effects and setpeices, okay characters, needed anguirus and a qt asian pilot

am looking forward to sequel, not so much anno's godzilla
>>
>>67907427
I would have liked to see him rip some part of them off and eat it but I was happy with the way he killed them
>>
>>67907316
2014 Godzilla looked amazing; looked enough like the original Godzilla but updated for modern audiences. The sound/score was good. The movie itself was the issue. It's called Godzilla but it cut away from two or three excellent Godzilla reveals/intros/fights to focus on human story shit. Anticlimactic as fuck.
>>
>>67908291

He fucking fatality'd it.
>>
>>67907316
yes it was, movie itself was just bad and it pissed me off
>>
>>67907316
Matthew Broderick is a murderer
>>
>>67909191
he killed inspector gadget
>>
>>67909239
Kek
>>
>>67908291
REKT
>>
File: 1459885457851.gif (2 MB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
1459885457851.gif
2 MB, 280x212
MFW there's a Godzilla thread and people still don't understand what the original message.

The original movie barely featured the monster. Both movies shared the same theme which was, "the arrogance of men is thinking nature is in our control."

This was a great Godzilla movie and a homage to the original. The main issue here is that most /tv/ has not seen the original black and white movie. They've only seen the kaiju movies that degraded each time into cheese as the movies became targeted towards kids.
>>
>>67909621
I am aware of the message of the original movie, but I actually enjoyed the men in rubber suits antics of the cheesey Japanese Godzilla films. However, I enjoyed Godzilla 2014 in an entirely different way - it's strengths were it's effects and visual impact, Whether you like it or not, a movie like that is going to be a CGi fest. The most exciting moments for me were definitely the kaiju battles, all they had to do was not cut away every fucking time. Also the actual humans they decided to focus on were so meh I just didn't care about them (especially Aaron Taylor blank eye stare Johnson). Bryan Cranston showed way more passion, him and the Japanese scientist should have been the main human focus.
>>
Anyone have the pepe shitting the blue light thingy into feel guy's mouth? The Godzilla one?
>>
>>67908291
how come it didn't made any noise when it was approaching the mutos
>>
File: godzilla.png (43 KB, 802x468) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.png
43 KB, 802x468
Which one should I watch next, /tv/?

Also, what are the best ones that I don't have downloaded yet? Decided to just start off with the ones that have BD rips with 日本語 audio available.

Have already seen the highlighted two.
>>
>>67907427
I don't think Godzilla eats, or at least not in this film universe. His heart is basically an organic nuclear reactor (or some other science bullshit) so he just needs to feed on large amounts of energy/radiation.
>>
>>67912129
Just go in order m8, marathon it literally

Also missing GMK, orginal Mechagodzilla and terror, kissasian has most up for free watch
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 780x1469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 780x1469
>>67911770
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.