[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: chappie.jpg (159 KB, 350x493) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
159 KB, 350x493
What went wrong?
>>
Literally Die Antwoord
>>
Literally nothing
>>
>>67899867
No idea. I thought it was good.
>>
>>67899940
Die Antwoord was great, best part of the movie.

I can't remember that they let this fucking guy make the same movie three fucking times tough
>>
>>67899867
It was good before the last act
>>
>>67899867
Nothing, is a good movie.
>>
>>67900020
Yeah, it turned to shit as soon as Dev Patel turned into a robot.
>>
>>67899867
>What went wrong?

it was extremely camp but that was probably the point. I enjoyed it though.
>>
>it's a south afrikan director doesn't know how to chill out with his shitty ideas movie
>>
>>67900055
Sooo, the last 2 minutes.
>>
File: 8519rhq.gif (2 MB, 275x154) Image search: [Google]
8519rhq.gif
2 MB, 275x154
>>67899989
>best part of the movie.
they're a shitty band, they're shitty actors and you have shitty taste
>>
>Die Antwoord being Die Antwoord
>Huge Jackedman and his silly accent
>Beautiful CGI robots
>Great actionscenes

It was really good, probably my favourite out of his movies
>>
Bad to no character development, bad to no scenario development, cringy scenes, bad to no explanation; and trying to be a copy of the shitty remake of "Robocop"
>>
Nothing went wrong it was great.
>>
>>67900523
without a doubt some of the worst bait ever
>>
>>67900602
Without a doubt some of the biggest plebs ever
>>
>>67900729
we know you are
>>
>>67900793
"We", like if he knew all /tv/, newfag detected
>>
>>67899940
This
>>
>>67900020
wrong, it had really good parts and really bad parts all the way through.

Jackman was straight up 100% cringe all the way through. I have never ever seen a worse combination of actor, character and design. It was fucking confusing
>>
>>67899940
I didnt overtly hate them but they needed to tone down there scenes felt like a fucking music video sketch half the movie.
>>
>>67901250
Oh yeah it did have bad parts but I still enjoyed it a lot
>>
>>67899940
Yup. The girl wasn't horrible on her own. The guy was just too fucking much.
>>
>>67899867
Huge Jackedman
>>
>>67899867
the director has a good eye, but he doesn't know how to tell a story much less put one together. He needs a better writer, and at best, he needs to just be an effects coordinator/director.
>>
>>67899867

Terrible dialog.
>>
no yolandi unsimulated sex scene
>>
>>67902328
>>67900226

When did /tv/ stop calling him Huge Actman and start calling him Huge Jackedman??
>>
>>67899867
Nothing, I really enjoyed it. Sharlto always delivers his best performance, Solid Snake and Yolandi were pretty enjoyable too.
>>
>>67899867
The white washing, like if it's 2015 and they casted white actors to play south africans, it triggered me.

memes aside
it felt rushed, like he got greenlight on the idea and then half assed the script, i didn't mind die antwoord. I hated huge jackedman's character though, and the action scenes were stupid. Chappie was literally the best character and best acted, i felt genuinely sorry for him when he was lost and scared. Should have been a netflix series
>>
>>67902589
but south africans are white you dof
>>
>>67902625
itsamemeyoudip.jpg
>>
>>67900872
you're wrong
also are you mentally ill? You sound like a brain dead little cunt
>>
>>67904261
Ultra newfag detected
>>
>>67902589
South Africans ARE white, and Ninja and Yolandi ARE South African.
>>
>>67899867
The intro scene promises too much. I was literally hard when the robots assaulted the mob. Then it turns into weird the scientist drives a car to the camp and back and again and again. Die Antwoord should've killed the scientist and that could've been Chappies motivations to turn Yolandi into an AI.

Metalgear fight should've been more fluid or something where it would fly around the factory more and then some action highway or something.

I feel there were many good ideas in the movie that just fell short.
>>
>>67899867
All of the fucking characters in it were fucking morons. Seriously every single thing that happens is because someone does something stupid.
>>
The Indian scientist was way too comfortable and nonchalant about giving up his human body and transferring his human consciousness into a robot.

Most people would seriously think twice about that shit, reconsider, or not even do it at all.
>>
>>67899867

A long music video instead of an interesting movie about AI, also literally the same ending as district 9
>>
need your priteckshun
need your priteckshun
need your priteckshun
>>
>>67905165
>go from being able to play with your dick and enjoy food to >oh I can lift things and bullets don't hurt
>>
File: brain.jpg (247 KB, 900x578) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
247 KB, 900x578
>>67905165
>>67905557

>implying your actual consciousness transfers
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.