[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we really need all these comicbook movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13
File: ComicsMovies.jpg (231 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
ComicsMovies.jpg
231 KB, 1280x1600
Do we really need all these comicbook movies?
>>
>>67900132
/thread

No but seriously I think people are going to get sick of this sometime soon. When all the original avengers' contracts end after Infinity wars and we're left with the B team its done. DC was done from the start.
>>
>>67900194
I seriously hope Marvel has the decency to let Infinity War be the end of the MCU.

If it can end with Infinity War, then I think I'll look back on the MCU has being a legitimately great series of films.
>>
>>67900375
theyre going to test the waters with inhumans
>>
>>67899683

What I want to know is what happens after JL2 and Infinity wars 2.

Will capeshit be over?
>>
>>67900194
BvS opened huge despite being shit.

The films will start to tail off when the big successful franchises end and the formulae get really exhausted. General audiences will tire of them slowly, not in a 6 month period.
>>
>>67900375
>If it can end with Infinity War, then I think I'll look back on the MCU has being a legitimately great series of films.

it's hardly guaranteed that the IW movies will themselves be good. I think it's more likely that the Avatar films will be good, as Cameron isn't saddled with all the shitty pre-existing lore that Marvel is.
>>
>>67900581
Even if all of Phase 3 is shit, then I would still call this a good series overall.
>>
Will superhero movies go the same way as the Western did?
>>
why didn't WB wait until they got one good movie to kickstart their cinematic universe before planning for the next five years?
>>
>>67900688
Eventually, yes.
>>
>>67900697
I can't believe how lucky Marvel was with Iron Man.
>>
>>67900697
Based on it's public reception and popularity, I think Man of Steel was considered to be "good enough".
>>
>>67900697
big movies take at least a year to get into production.
>>
>>67899683
more pls
>>
>>67899683
>Fantastic Four 2

What? I thought that already came out. With the Silver Surfer if I'm remembering right
>>
>>67900763
in retrospect it's an incredibly safe, formula origin story with a weak villain.

I can't believe how lucky they got with Guardians Of The Galaxy. It stars a fucking talking racoon for god's sake
>>
>>67899683
Do we really need all these rom-coms? Do we really need all these westerns?
Do we really need all these horror movies?
>>
>>67900932
Do we need all these movies? When are people going to start writing plays in iambic pentameter again?
>>
File: 1433358304603.jpg (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1433358304603.jpg
66 KB, 800x600
There are already signs of capeshit fatigue among the general audience, but the genre is still going strong because of diverse approaches.

My prediction is that capeshit will reach its absolute peak potential both in box office and in hype when MCU's Infinity War Part Part 2 will come out and conclude this massive story ark they are going with.

Normies will essentialy consider MCU's plot "over" because that would be the last film starring RDJ, Evans and other stars and it would be hard to top Thanos as far as danger scale is concerned, so there is no real reason to watch capeshit anymore. Genre will die down soon after that with Disney getting away with ~$18 billion profit from this whole enterprise.

Warner and DC will stay cucked.

Screencap this
>>
>>67900996
That's a pretty safe bet, but it's likely, yeah.
>>
File: james-cameron-e1301615426821[1].jpg (445 KB, 1837x1845) Image search: [Google]
james-cameron-e1301615426821[1].jpg
445 KB, 1837x1845
>>67900996
>its absolute peak potential both in box office and in hype

you mean, like, $1.8 billion per movie?
>>
>>67900839
The image is old. That's supposed to be a sequel to the reboot that crashed and burned last year. The release window is being retooled to Deadpool 2.
>>
>>67900996

I agree. I don't see a post Infinity War Marvel movie doing well, don't see the general masses liking what they put out, instead Marvel will more than likely move to TV or Netflix style miniseries in the manner of Darevil but normies signed on for the original Avengers from the first movie but there's no way in hell I see them liking a post-Infinity War Avengers movie with a bunch of literal WHO'S including Spider-Man to get that easy money sitting well with them.

Not to mention The Big Bang Theory will be over by the time it comes out and the nerd fad will have hopefully die off.

I wonder if Valiant will ever get their Cinematic Universe off the ground? There comics feel drastically different from both Marvel and DC and have lots of originality towards them and they've even been climbing in popularity I heard but who knows. Non Marvel and DC stuff seems to be doing better on television rather than cinema so maybe that's where Valiant's future lies.
>>
>>67900975
Shakespeare Theatric Universe when?
>>
>>67900855
I had absolutely no doubts that GotG would succeed.

After already being familiar with the comics and those characters, I knew from day one that people would love Rocket and Groot.
>>
>>67901052
Considering that current earnings are around $10 billion:

>Civil War has full potential to break billion or more
>Dr. Strange about $800 mln
>GotG may beat another billion or more
>Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans can rake up to $1.5 billion or more combined
>Each part of Infinity War may bring $1.5 billion

Yeah, I think it's in the realm of possibility.
>>
>>67901324
It depends on how the current phase is received. They have good casting choices lined up, and GotG shows there is interest in the "literal who" characters.

Sure things will probably dip a bit when the phase 1 crew finally drops out, but if they can keep a constant profit up there they'll go on and on.
>>
>>67901324
Exactly. Post-Infinity War will be just niche storylines for hardcore fans like Hulk movies or proper Fantastic Four (assuming it will be bought off) or whatever. It will still be technically connected together as far as cameos and easter eggs are concerned, but there would be no feeling of urgency or need for team-up movies.
>>
>>67900489
No man. They're setting up all the ant-man, black panther, doctor strange stuff for afterwards. Wonder how they'll do it though. If they'll give a reason for the disappearance of main characters or if they'll get recast.
>>
>>67902863
I think they will start to follow the current comics stories.
>>
>>67903025
PLEASE DON'T FUCKING DO THIS. Current comics is a mess, all we get are SJW variations of heroes instead of their original identities. They are not bad imo, but they are not the same thing. That's what the movies are for. That's why I enjoy them so much.
>>
File: All New All Different Avengers.jpg (356 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
All New All Different Avengers.jpg
356 KB, 843x1280
>>67903108
To illustrate my point, let's look at the current Avengers lineup.

>A robot/cyborg, a formerly male turned female character, a black kid, a muslim girl, a latino kid, a black man and token white man Tony Stark.
>>
>>67903204
Jeez thats just depressing. Why don't these people make new superheroes to fill the diversity quota? Why do they have to rape the classic ones?
>>
>>67903271
but those are new characters
>>
>>67903306
>new characters
Spiderman was sure as shit not a spic when he was created.
Thor was sure as shit not some blonde cunt.
To be fair I don't know about original falcon.
>>
>>67903108
>>67903204
Just what the jews like :^)
But seriously, sooner or later they'll run out of the great comics events to make these films have any appeal.
>>
>>67903204

At least Nova is safe..Right?
>>
>>67903368

The will probably do Secret Invasion or something next, would be a great way to get people who loved RDJ's Iron Man back by having a Skrull impersonate him.
>>
>>67903357
It's a different Spiderman, not Peter Parker.
>>
>>67903431
Yeah my point exactly. If you want a spic hero just make a spic hero. Why make spiderman a wetback? If you want a woman go make some more wonderwomans or some shit. Why turn thor into one.
>>
>>67903204

>God of war
>God
>war
>of

Im not gonna lie. I dont care about ethnicities etc. I get it. Comics are 99% white guys. Sure, fill in a few quotas, try to "diversify".

BUT DONT YOU FUCKING DARE TURN THE ASGARDIAN GOD OF WAR, A COLOSSAL MASCULINE WARRIOR, HARBINGER OF DESTRUCTION, SLAYER OF ICE GIANTS, INTO A FUCKING MENSTRUAL "GOD"(ESS).

FUCK.
>>
>>67903448
she has stretchy powers, like mister fantastic!
>>
File: sad_vision-351x185.jpg (42 KB, 351x185) Image search: [Google]
sad_vision-351x185.jpg
42 KB, 351x185
>>67903204
Gotta feel bad for the Vision. Look at him. Look at him watching these random shitbags who usurped roles of his friends. What is he thinking? Maybe he remembers those good old times when "white male cispig" Avengers had fun and banter and friendship and love. When they beat Ultron by working together. And now? Now he sees these tumblrinas in tights and silently screams internally.
>>
YESSS GOY

YOU NEED THEM

AND DON'T FORGET TO GO SEE THEM AT THE CINEMA

AND MAKE THREADS ON /tv/!!!

YESSSS

ARGHGHGGHGH
>>
File: Yep.jpg (176 KB, 600x776) Image search: [Google]
Yep.jpg
176 KB, 600x776
>>67903204
Don't forget the interracial relationships!
>>
>>67903554
I don't follow comics desu, when did they replace the famous characters to new ones?
>>
>>67903656

Why is it always black man and white blonde woman/
>>
>>67903656
Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold it right fucking there. Captain fucking america is a nigger? I though that was falcon.
>>
Marvel are fine. They can make successful movies out of Z-list characters like Ant-Man and literally who comics like GotG. I don't know if their Avengers films will do as well, considering they'll have to do without RDJ, Evans etc but their individual movies won't be in any real danger after Infinity Wars ends.

It's DC who's in trouble, they're rushing out their movies ASAP so they can get the JL revenue but it's resulted in the DCEU having a shitty public image. Their movies are all going to be dark and grim, and that just won't work outside of Batman. In BvS Superman's facial expressions are always somewhere in between 'Angry' and 'Concerned', nobody wants to see this grim shit in a super hero movie, they're completely disregarding children, their largest audience.

Also, we've already been introduced to 6 of the main 7 by BvS, the only one who's going to be missing from JL is Green Lantern, and nobody's going to see a JL sequel if all they're adding is GL.
>>
>>67903656
This didn't bothered me that much, although I was hoping Thor to end up with Tony.
>>
>>67903744
Steve got super old or something like that, Sam Wilson/Falcon became Cap after this. Now I think Steve is young again but Sam still is Captain America.
>>
I'm already feeling nostalgic for when capeshit is dead and done with
>>
>>67903656
lol, Vision is so fucking embarassed by this shit

>>67903671
BECAUSE IT'S 2016! YOUR TEAM LITERALLY SHOULD HAVE AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN GENTLEMAN... WAIT, NO, TWO AFRICAN-AMERICAN GENTLEMEN, SEXUALLY ACTIVE LADY, A MUSLIM LADY, GENTLEMAN SUFFERING FROM DWARFISM AND OTHER OPPRESSED SOULS
>>
>>67903803

They really should've made Batman vs Superman a two parter leading up to Doomsday, ending it with Doomsday waking up would've been the way to go then branch out into the individual movies like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, etc and resolving the Batman vs Superman Doomsday cliffhanger in the Justice League movie.
>>
>>67903861
Litteral tyrone as their captain. Incredible. Also it's always black dude - white wiminz because thats what the goys are pushing. Only TWD had the balls to do the reverse BLACKED. But that was disgusting as well ofcourse.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for everything, tbqh

>Joe & Anthony Russo's CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (MCU) – May 6, 2016
>Bryan Singer's X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (Fox) – May 27, 2016
>Dave Green's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF SHADOWS (June 3, 2016)
>David Ayer's SUICIDE SQUAD (WB) - August 5, 2016
>Scott Derrickson's DOCTOR STRANGE (MCU) – November 4, 2016

>James Mangold's WOLVERINE (Fox) – March 3, 2017
>Dean Israelite's POWER RANGERS (Lionsgate) - March 24, 2017
>James Gunn's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 (MCU) – May 5, 2017
>Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE 2 (Fox) - June 16, 2017
>Patty Jenkins' WONDER WOMAN (WB) – June 23, 2017
>Luc Besson's VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS (EuropaCorp) - July 21, 2017
>Jon Watts' SPIDER-MAN (MCU/Sony) – July 28, 2017
>Doug Liman's GAMBIT (Fox) - October 6, 2017
>Taika Waititi's THOR: RAGNAROK (MCU) – November 3, 2017
>Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART 1 (WB) – November 17, 2017
>David Leitch & Chad Stahelski's BLOOSHOT (Sony) - Unspecified, 2017

>Tim Miller's DEADPOOL & CABLE (Fox) - January 12, 2018
>Ryan Coogler's BLACK PANTHER (MCU) - February 16, 2018
>Seth Grahame-Smith's THE FLASH (WB) – March 23, 2018
>Joe & Anthony Russo's AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 (MCU) – May 4, 2018
>Peyton Reed's ANT-MAN & THE WASP (MCU) - July 6, 2018
>James Wan's AQUAMAN (WB) – July 27, 2018
>Ben Affleck's THE BATMAN (WB) - Unspecified, 2018

>CAPTAIN MARVEL (MCU) - March 8, 2019
>SHAZAM (WB) – April 5, 2019
>Joe & Anthony Russo's AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 (MCU) – May 3, 2019
>Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART 2 (WB) – June 14, 2019
>INHUMANS (MCU) - July 12, 2019

>CYBORG (WB) – April 3, 2020
>GREEN LANTERN CORPS (WB) – June 19, 2020
>>
It's all a social experiment by Marvel to see how many shit movies they can release before people stop lining ip to watch them
>>
>>67899683
>EIGHTY ONE PERCENT DROP
Capekino is dying.

Hopefully, Civil War experience the same drop.
>>
>>67901507
>>Dr. Strange about $800 mln
>>GotG may beat another billion or more
>>Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans can rake up to $1.5 billion or more combined
>>Each part of Infinity War may bring $1.5 billion
LOLNO
>>
>>67899683
Yes
>>
Capeshit is the new Western.
>>
>>67903986

>Bloodshot gets released
>People get confused about it due to not being a Marvel or DC film

I can see it happening, when was the last time a non Marvel or DC film, imprints not counting, was a huge success?
>>
File: capeshit.jpg (681 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
681 KB, 1280x1600
>>67899683
No
>>
>>67904117
Time will tell
>>
>>67899683
>Inhumans (2019)

Will it star Chloe"pls sit on my face" Bennet?
>>
File: loki-thor-2[1].jpg (74 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
loki-thor-2[1].jpg
74 KB, 600x300
>>67904196
>Thor 3
>unnecessary bullshit
Kneel before the King of Asgard, and then kill yourself.
>>
File: 1415423498365.gif (408 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
1415423498365.gif
408 KB, 500x345
This year is probably my last year of seeing capeshit in theatres;

We have a good roster this year but everything else in 2017 beyond seems lackluster.
Suicide Squad, X-men: Apoc, B v. S and Civil War is more than enough for a lifetime. I'm pretty sure they'll be good too.

I thoroughly enjoyed B v. S
>>
>>67904196
what does the green ones mean?
>>
>>67904192
300 I think? I also remember Sin City and Watchmen (although this one is heavenly inspired and owned by DC), but not sure if they were huge sucesses.

What I really want is a Turok movie tough.
>>
>>67903204
female thor actually being called thor is so fucking retarded
it's like if hillary clinton got elected into office and her presidential name was bill clinton
>>
>>67904464

I really think Valiant/Sony should consider moving Harbinger to TV rather than film. It could work great, especially how it's basically a road trip comic anyway, first couple episodes would be Peter being indoctrinated into Harada's society, learns it is corrupt, decides to fuck off with the list of names and takes it from there to recruit members for his own army to fight Harada. Simple. It wouldn't work in a movie unless they rushed through a lot of the material.
>>
>>67903504
but the god of war is tyr anon
>>
>>67904365
the first two were complete garbage. Why do you expect the third to be any different?
>>
>>67899683
You can cross most of the WB pictures off that list, and the later Sony films as well. They're likely to be cancelled at this point, leaving the conclusion of the MCU and maybe X-Men around 2020.
>>
>>67904663
>both are the best marvel films by far
>complete garbage
spotted the pleb, I bet you liked ultron
>>
>>67899683
Yes.

Hoping DC can launch a movie based on "The Question" (action, adv, comedy).
>>
>>67904869
Ultron was garbage too. But not as bad as Thor 1 and 2 and Iron Man 3.
>>
>>67903656
>>67903204
No. How do we kill them?
>>
I heard there's interest in a Watchmen 2....
>>
>>67899683
Post the updated one retard. Some of those have been cancelled
>>
>>67904365
some said it'll have some space hulk vs thor plot
if thats true, it makes it somewhat interresting

if not, thor is just trash, more than the rest of capes
>>
>>67903737
/pol/ will tell you why.
>>
I'm not a /co/ type, but would Marvel Studios try to roll X-men and Spider-Man back into the MCU, or is it worth more to keep whoring the rights out to Fox/Sony?

Spider-Man is in Civil War isn't he, but Sony still have his rights?

And isn't one of the guys from Age of Ultron an X-men (X-man?) in the comics?
>>
My own hype died pretty fast after AoU.

Gambit, Dr. Strange and The Sandman are the only movies I even kinda care about.
>>
>>67900194
DC was done indeed. I think the reason for this is that they failed to establish the Justice League movies fast enough.
With Marvel, i would say everybody knew Hulk, Spiderman, maybe Ironman, maybe Captain America.
Spiderman was property of Sony though so he's out of the question.
They used Captain America, Hulk and Ironman to establish the Avengers and so everyone got a chance for their own movie, and to become famous characters.

But DC only really has Superman and Batman. They had those brilliant Dark Knight movies, but i feel that's all their good for when it comes to movies: just reboot Batman, or reboot Superman.
What DC did good though are their TV shows. The Flash and Arrow were a success, and Supergirl is popular among girls (the target group).
DC is too late to make the Justice league because by the time its out, the capeshit fad will be over.
>>
>>67899683
Looks like Superheros films die out summer 2017
dont seem many of them films making good numbers
>>
>>67910304
I want X-Men to stay at Fox because Disney/Marvel is too much of a pussy to make R-rated Deadpool.
>>
>>67899683
Isn't this what we do as a society now? Obsess over something, beat it to death, soak the last drop out...then cast it aside.

TFA, Gaga, Breaking Bad, white/gold dress, Jurassic World, white/gold dress

There were some great movies that came out of the capeshit era...Spidey, original Xmen, iron man, avengers, dark knight bit now, it's all so formulaic. An easy money grab. Thoughtless. No magic.
>>
>>67913812
Meant to put Clockboy instead of thr second dress lol
>>
File: we_r_all_wonderwomen.jpg (257 KB, 1100x605) Image search: [Google]
we_r_all_wonderwomen.jpg
257 KB, 1100x605
I look forward to this version, with the SNL lady cast
>>
File: 33445436536.jpg (9 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
33445436536.jpg
9 KB, 304x166
movies with special effects and explosions will always do well.
Comic book movies just save Hollywood from having to come up with new and original vehicles for high octane action.
>>
File: cesar-romero-joker.jpg (73 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
cesar-romero-joker.jpg
73 KB, 1200x900
>>67904380

>likes BvS
>not planning to see any superhero movies in 2017

Why wouldn't you want to see Justice League if you liked BvS? I don't get it.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.