[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
honest opinions on s5 of american horror story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_2542.jpg (72 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2542.jpg
72 KB, 375x375
>>
>>67898638
I didn't get it. There was no squeamishness, our body horror. It was flat out retardation tied together with a boring story and a confusing narrative
>>
>>67898638
i didn't mind it. i thought lady gaga did a pretty good job in her first major acting debut. AHS usually goes too far with their themes, though, and this seemed scattered. vampires and ghosts and demons... if it was one or the other, it could have been much better. Still can't top Coven imho.
>>
>>67898743
I quite liked the first 2/3s of Freak Show as well. Then they clearly wrote themselves in to a corner and just hit the "kill them all" button in the last half hour of the series. Idiotic, it had a lot of potential.
>>
>>67898638

Gaga didn't deserve her award for getting railed
>>
>>67898816
i agree. i think they killed of their best character (retarded psycho clown) too soon. they should have made him the focus, not the collector. that clown was creepy as fuck, but only lasted what, 4 episodes? damn shame. wasted resource.
>>
Hotel was the first season of AHS I stopped watching.
Stopped after episode 3 or so...

There was nothing. Nothing to hold on to. No excitement, no interest, no intrigue.

Nothing.

The show's been going downhill since Season 1 though so it's hardly a surprise. Coven was downright awful and Freak Show picked it up a bit, but this season just didn't seem like it connected with the audience in any way.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this season had literally zero substance to it, and I can tell that from watching 3 episodes since they were each fucking like 2 hour long boring ass movies.
>>
>>67898917
i agree that they were just too drawn out and all over the place, and really didn't grab any audience members properly
the massive twist about who the serial killer was wasn't a massive twist because literally every person could see it coming from a mile off
i really enjoyed lady gaga i think she has a great work ethic behind her...but there were some points where i didn't think she was any good at all, and the fact that she won the golden globe was a travesty when you think back to all of the kick ass performances jessica lange sarah paulson and evan peters gave in other series
>>
>>67899062
Her getting an award is laughable and I'm pretty sure tons of actors laughed at the fact too.

From what I saw she did a good job though
Would definitely like to see more from her, perhaps even on something better
>>
I stopped giving a shit when it pulled the whole, "You were actually the killer the whole time!" Bullshit
>>
>>67898638
Dropped after the first episode. Gave me a headache
>Secret white room
>giant hotel with grand luxurious entrance that looks decrepit everywhere else and only has 5 people at a time
>vampires
>ghosts
>everyone dresses like an absurd rockstar

All established in the first episode
>>
>>67899402
Yep, they literally established all of that, and not one piece of character development, besides someone ODing or some shit.

What makes AHS so great is journeying through these crazy adventures with someone we care about. Ben and Violet, Kit... over the seasons the characters have gotten shittier and more like walking stereotypes than actual people.

Was there even a main character this season? One in the vein of Ben or Kit?

I think not.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.