[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /tv/ like Carnivale? Is it because it lacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: carnivale.jpg (329 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
carnivale.jpg
329 KB, 1024x768
Why doesn't /tv/ like Carnivale? Is it because it lacks capes and memes?
>>
Whats the story ?
>>
HBO doesn't even like it
>>
>>67892901
Good shows maybe get like 20 replies. If you want to create a successful thread, I suggest either criticizing or praising the most recent DC/Marvel/Star Wars movie. Alternatively you can start a Game of Thrones thread or post something about feminism or Jewish influence in Hollywood.

You fucking newfag
>>
>>67893046
HBO did, Chris Albrecht did a cuntish thing and cancelled it.
>>
>>67892901
this pic is the background on my computer right now
>>
>>67893132
they never reaired this after it ended and its not available on their streaming catalog
>>
>>67892901
Carnivale had an amazing first season, a slightly less amazing second season, and the potential to get worse.

It still might be my favorite HBO series - maybe tv series in general - though.
>>
>>67893406
its on amazon prime
>>
>>67893101
what if none of us give a shit about that crap?
>>
It's a pretty good show, but it lacked a good protagonist. Ben mostly just meanders around without a clear goal, trying to avoid the plot.
The side characters were a lot more interesting.
>>
>>67893406
Erm. I think you will find they have.
>>
>>67893431
The only flaw with the second season is the rewriting of the story to offer some sort of closure after it was announced it'd not be renewed.
>>
>>67893464
That's the whole point of Ben though. He's not some Rey/Mary Sue character who just wields his powers from the off. He's in the process of discovering what he is whilst trying to avoid the influence of others who are intent on manipulating him like Lodz and Management
>>
>>67892901

Probably my favourite HBO show, all that mythology and interesting mystery, then it got cancelled. HBO also robbed us of more Clancy Brown hate speeches. I wonder if it was because of this series why Clancy never acted on screen again and just stuck to voice roles, the man has a damn good voice and probably enjoys it more than live action series and movies but I feel like he should be doing more roles but he's probably just incredibly modest or something.

So if they made something again set in the Carnivale universe what would you like to see? A series or even a movie trilogy or miniseries about Scudder and Belyakov chasing one another all across Russia, Europe and eventually landing in America would be great to see.

Also seeing Avatars in something like the Cuban missile crisis would be cool too but if they made one set then or in modern times it probably would lack what made the dustbowl setting incredibly interesting.

>>67893406
>>67893132

They still hold the rights if I remember correctly. Then again they really need to do something with it or set in that universe, since Carnivale, along with Rome and Deadwood, are what made HBO into the monster industry it is today when it comes to spending millions upon millions on episodes. Ironic how they cancelled it considering it was getting too expensive to produce yet they have no problem making shit like GOT, I think if it was released today we would've seen the other books in the series rather than just getting the first one.
>>
>>67893591
I think had those shows been made in today's climate they'd have reached their conclusion, rather than get snipped. they came just before the big boom in TV and we as an audience were robbed of some good shows.
>>
>>67893004
>Here's the story of a lovely lady
>who was bringing up three very lovely girls
>all of them had hair of gold like their mother
>the youngest one in curls
>>
>>67892901
/tv/ doesn't like anything.
>>
>>67893569
But he barely even seems interested in discovering anything though
>>
Why is it the greatest tv show of all time and why are you wrong ?
>>
>>67893803
You mean like discovering who his father is? Discovering the purpose of his being?

I get the impression you didn't really understand this show or Ben's character.
>>
Jeff Beal's score as well.

Justin's Theme
Black Blizzard
Rita Sue And Jonesy
Justin Calls Iris
>>
>>67893824
le wut?
>>
>>67892901

I never want to watch this show because
1. It's cancelled early so it probably ends stupidly
2. I don't know what it is. Some magic shit during the depression? What?
3. It's not popular enough. I won't get many memes from it.
>>
>>67895173
>1. It's cancelled early so it probably ends stupidly
The ending sort of concludes the two season chapter. It's satisfactory and revealing. Does leave you wanting more, which is disappointing as there is none.
>>
>>67893982
Rome's was phenomenal too. Glad he got some of that House of Cards money, dude is clearly talented.
>>
>>67893458
>wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpeg
>>
>>67895366
Ribbit? :^)
>>
>>67892901
just finished rewatch, fucking love it

>>67893464
>>67893803
>the most reluctant of saviors
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.