[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if the blue color you see , is the same blue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: gnomekid.png (142 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
gnomekid.png
142 KB, 500x281
How do you know if the blue color you see , is the same blue color that other people see ?

>that was a legit question i kept thinking as a child
>they did it in Mad men
>>
>>67891233
S L A Y E R
>>
>>67891233
Because you both agree that it's blue
>>
>>67891233
The question is over 2000 years old, study more greek philosophy youngshit.
>>
>>67891233
japanese scientists managed to get human memories on a screen. Since the memories looked similar (but blurred) to the real objects, it can be assumed that we all see the same colors

google that shit if you dont believe me
>>
>>67893816
>Since the memories looked similar... it can be assumed that we all see the same colors
Yeah that's a plausible leap
The reality is you can't know, and it's not far fetched to suggest that everyone is colour blind to a degree, IE we all see things slightly different shades of the same colour.
There are dozens of lines of reasoning you can follow for basically every semi-interesting philosophical question you could pose that all end in 'we can't know', there's not a lot of point in dwelling on them.
>>
>>67892891
It could be yellow from my point of you though
>>
>>67895010
The Jedi could be evil from my point of view though
>>
File: 1455400926212.jpg (83 KB, 604x588) Image search: [Google]
1455400926212.jpg
83 KB, 604x588
>>67896747
fair point
>>
Literally every person asked themselves that question.
>>
>>67893816
How would you see their colors if their colors showed up as your colors???
Just because you can record what others see doesn't mean that the grass you see on the screen as green isn't blue for the person that it was recorded from or the scientist next to you also looking at the screen sees orange grass(orange to you)
>>
>>67897542
/thread
Even if find the proof theres no way to judge it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.