[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Out of all the SW movies, I honestly liked this one the best.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg (146 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg
146 KB, 300x450
Out of all the SW movies, I honestly liked this one the best. 99% of you will call me a faggot and a pleb, but I know someone out there feels the same way I do. Show yourselves true patricians
>>
everyone looks at me like im crazy when i say the only star wars movie i like is episode 1. i do also enjoy the luke and vader fights from the grandpa movies but thats about it
>>
>>67889553
>>67889591
holy shit me too. It has great scenes and then it has some very shitty scenes, it had something going on but still missed so much and the void was filled with needles boring space tax bad video game intro cgi crap.
>>
It's not the worst but you explain why it's better than 4,5,6. Is it simply nostalgia for you because you were a kid. Because that is ok
>>
>>67889553
Hating on episode 1 is a meme, sort of like what smoking used to be and not smoking is now. It has nothing to do with the flicks actual quality
>>
>>67889553

Pros:
Darth Maul

Cons:
Everything else (especially the Anakin scenes)
>>
The movie is way better if you keep the evil Jar Jar arc in mind. otherwise it's an abomination
>>
>>67889553

Well each to their own lad.

My favourite SW film is episode III.

You're entitled to your opinion, and if you enjoyed it, knock yourself out.
>>
i personally loved aotc. I can see how RotS and the old ones are better films, but my autism was going crazy in AotC
>>
Memes aside it was a good movie in general. Just an average Star Wars movie. And fans don't like average. It needed less Jar Jar and more Darth Maul.
>>
>>67889673
>Darth Maul
Best character on Star Wars desu.
>>
>>67889553
The Star Wars films are all kind of different in their own ways. The Phantom Menace certainly is a good Star Wars film if you accept it for what it is: a light, gentle space adventure for kids. It's basically what the Hobbit is to Lord of the Rings.

Is it the best? It can be. Really depends on your personal tastes there. Personally, I like Empire the best, but Phantom Menace holds a place in my heart.
>>
>>67889772
Never done anything other than look cool
>>
File: 1400837962954.jpg (61 KB, 232x229) Image search: [Google]
1400837962954.jpg
61 KB, 232x229
>>67889553

Not to defend the prequels but I find the first three movies boring as hell, I guess because I didn't see them as a little kid.
>>
when i hear Duel of the Fates at the Obi Maul and Jinn fight my dick gets hard as a rock
>>
>>67889863

You are not alone, brother.

That shit never gets old.
>>
>>67889859
star wars 4 - boring as fuck, only impressive because its a space movie from the 70s with effects

star wars 5 - sort of dank, gets boring (han and solo's story sort of just stagnates), gets dank again

star wars 6 - dank throughout but the ewok shit ruined it
>>
>>67889802
I agree
But Episode 2 is the biggest piece of shit and episode 3 was phoned in. Episode 1 was a mess but it was still made with love.
>>
>>67889553
It was better than TFA. Much better.
>>
>>67889803

You haven't watched TCW have you?
>>
>>67889985
Yeah I appreciate Lucas' "canon poetry" over JJ's 'remake as part of canon'
>>
>>67889976
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Episode II. It had some neat elements and good scenes in it but it's just not that great overall.

Same goes for Episode III. I get why some people like it, though. It gives them what they wanted to see: Anakin turning evil and becoming Vader.

Like you said, Lucas made Episode I with real heart. Didn't like it much when it first came out, but over the years, I've learned to take Star Wars less seriously.
>>
>>67889553
Wew; cool it on the Lens Flare Georgie Poorgie.
>>
>>67889553
The opening part, climax and pod race were all genuinely great. All the exposition in between is pretty damn worthless. Basically anything not happening on Naboo is of little value and only drag the show down. Much better than 2-3 at least.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.