[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knowing what we know now what was the superior fighting force?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 321243546.jpg (57 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
321243546.jpg
57 KB, 768x432
Knowing what we know now what was the superior fighting force?

Droids

Clones

Stormtroopers
>>
lord vader
>>
I'm corsec
>>
Realistically, clones where the superior soldier; they were bred to have faster reflexes, they all wore the same armour, fast to produce. It's sort of dumb to think that the Empire went backwards and just used enlisted soldiers.
>>
Droids had the most soldiers
Clones had the best soldiers
Storm Troopers had the best equipment.

So probably clones.
>droids
>relevant
>>
Actually, hold on a second.
Are we talking movies/arch-canon only, or are we counting EU?

Moreover, are we considering Imperial projects based on clones that improved on them with new technology under "Clones" or "Stormtrooper"?
Dark Troopers are nasty motherfuckers that were re-canonized following the EU genocide. They are the deciding factor.
>>
>>67880228
But that's exactly what the Empire did. Bankrolling a Clone Army is extremely expensive thanks to the jews on Kamino. They also have to be phased out after a few short years due to accelerated aging.

Sheev had other things to worry about, like paying for the Death Stars, the ISDs and eventually SSDs as well as maintaining all the planets under his control. Why not use enlisted, brained-washed Imperial citizens who don't need to be replaced after a short while?
>>
Going off the prequels and the CG Clone Wars cartoon it's Clones.
>>
What costs more?

Droids are probably pretty cheap

Clones might be a bit more expensive, okay maybe a lot more to raise them.

Stormtroopers...basic slave wages and people willingly do it.

I gotta go with either droids or troopers.
>>
>>67880390
Why didn't Sheev just use his clone army to take over Kamino?
>>
>>67880367
EU is rip so no. But commando droids and whatnot from CW are canon now.
>>
Clones were arguably the superior fighting force, but took a lot of engineering and resources to perfect.

It would make sense that the Empire would eventually turn to conscription because the territory they covered was huge and it's doubtful they would have been able to crank out enough clones to keep the barracks full.

The First Order was basically a military junta that relied on indoctrinating child soldiers, which is not always going to produce consistent results.

The droids were probably the easiest to mass produce, but they didn't really seem all that adaptable and were basically wave-based fodder.
>>
>>67880584
I'd suggest watching the clone wars cartoon if you haven't. They expand on the types of droids beyond just the fodder. Some matched elite clone divisions in terms of destructive potential.
>>
>>67880448
i wonder how many clone there is
>>67880448
>Stormtroopers...basic slave wages and people willingly do it.
i think they had trained since they were kids now in new canon
>>
>>67880479
Oh I'm aware the EU is dead, but we have books being published now with Disney's approval that are canon. One of them, whose title I forget, explicitly mentions the Dark Troopers.
>>
>>67880654
The CG clone wars or Tartakofsky's cartoon?

Cause I liked Tartakofsky's but I gave the CG one a skip.

Anyway, I know they had more than just droid troopers, but there's still a lot that can go wrong with a droid army.
>>
>>67880689
First order did that. Empire troopers were your normal dudes signing up.
>>
I always figured the Empire had to have some kind of draft or mandatory service to maintain an army that huge, at least for the rank and file troopers.
>>
>>67880966
anti rebellion propaganda can do wonders
>>
>>67880774
The CG one.

One type, Commando droids, are the most feared and have taken down a couple of Jedi.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 375x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 375x675
Roger Roger
>>
>>67880073
im gonna say clones
>at what point did clones change to storm troopers? i forget the lore
>>
File: image.gif (719 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
719 KB, 160x120
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>67883226
when lucas said ah fuck it
>>
Something about a massive army of weak but cheap robots appeals to me.
>>
>>67880073
Clones. They managed to actually achieve something and win the war.
>>
>>67880073
clones. you can train anyone to be an exceptional soldier as long as you set them on the right path early, but the clones were created from an already exceptional mental and physical specimen, who had killed jedi with no powers or lightsaber, so the clones were exceptional from birth. each and every one of them was predetermined to be the best soldier possible.
>>
>>67883459
Sheev was pulling the strings for both sides. It doesn't count as a victory if your leader can just turn off one side when they've served his agenda.
>>
File: Yoda and Obi vs Clones.webm (3 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Yoda and Obi vs Clones.webm
3 MB, 1280x544
>>67883459
They spent their time shooting at unimportant droids. The moment they had to fight main characters they did just as poorly as Stormtroopers.
>>
>>67883362
Based
>>
File: Stormtroopers vs Rebels.webm (3 MB, 938x400) Image search: [Google]
Stormtroopers vs Rebels.webm
3 MB, 938x400
>>
>>67883594
jesus christ i forgot how truly awful these movies are
>>
>>67883594
Yoda and Obi are top tier Jedi, but Clones were able to gun down tons of others
>>
What were the new orders goals? Chaos? Wanton destruction?
>>
As I understand it the original Stormtroopers were enlisted soldiers. With them The Empire became The Empire. Having soldiers dedecated to the cause instead of disposable drones like the clones or the droids. Even the 1st Order brainwashing technique doesn't seem to function all that well.

Speaking of which, Kylo mentioned to General Hux something about a clone army. What's the deal with that? I thought they were tossing all the dumb shit from the prequels. Is the clone army stuff cannon?
>>
It bothers me that the droids are so cheap
The dont even have internal comms
In a battledroid!
>>
Clones seem to be the most useful but also the most expensive.
>>
Clones were the coolest and best
>>
>>67884938
Yes the main canon movies in the canon are canon
>>
>>67884938
>Even the 1st Order brainwashing technique doesn't seem to function all that well.

One anomaly out of all the hundreds of troopers they've brainwashed isn't bad.
>>
>>67883362
N O N C A N O N
O N C A N O N O
N C A N O N O N
C A N O N O N C
A N O N O N C A
N O N O N C A N
O N O N C A N O
N O N C A N O N
>>
>>67884626
That's a story for another time.
>>
The only thing clones ever did was order 66. Stormtroopers have the most accomplishments.
>>
>>67885415
Did the Trade Federation ever even solve the problem of taking out one of their command ships completely disables the army? Why did they ever not do that again?
>>
>>67885641
What did the Stormtroopers ever pull off in canon stories?

>failed to acquire the droids on Tattooine
>failed to acquire the droids from literally three people on their giant battlestation
>lost a battle to a bunch of fucking bear midgets
>>
File: dont laugh.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
dont laugh.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>67885629
>>
>>67885706
Their only noteworthy achievement was taking Hoth which happened to be in the process of evacuation.
>>
>>67885691
Yeah, The Clone Wars mentions that the droids are independent. They even make a roger roger joke about it.
>>
>>67886119
And burning down a humidity farm with two old folks. They are ATF bad.
>>
>>67880073
They all shit sempai.
>>
Ewoks
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.