[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how based would this have been? >reeve and keaton >1995
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: BatmanVSuperman1995.jpg (105 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
BatmanVSuperman1995.jpg
105 KB, 1280x800
how based would this have been?
>reeve and keaton
>1995 (pre incident i think)
>donner and burton co directing
>>
Poor Reeve, I got sad now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvYyKelJd8
>>
>>67878308
It wouldn't be very good. Donner and Burton had very different sensibilities, and Keaton Batman was very much Burton.

Meshing the two would've been awkward.
>>
>>67878355
He was a fucking selfish cunt. I'm glad he's dead.
>>
>>67878461
How?
>>
>>67878308

It would be shit, since Donner movies, including the first Superman, were terrible. The only good thing about the Superman movies were the John Williams theme and Christopher Reeve, since the script was terrible (creating new Superman powers as soon as the script needed a Deus Ex Machina to solve problems) and the other actors (Terrence Howard, Gene Hackman, Marlon Brando, others) were phoning in their performances.

Tim Burton wouldn't know what to do with Superman in his Batman's universe.
>>
>>67878837
>Terrence Howard
Terrence Howard as Zod? Now that'd be interesting...
>>
>>67879063

All about diversity now.
>>
>>67878308
You could certainly have Reeve and Keaton in the same movie but I don't think Reeve or Donner would've been the best fit for director. Obviously Donner more than Burton. I trust him with Batman more than Burton with Superman.

I don't think they'd work well as co-directors and see no reason for any studio to try and make that happen.

A director that I think could've handled it circa 1995... maybe Rob Reiner?
>>
>>67879188
>but I don't think Reeve or Donner would've been the best fit for director
Shit. Burton or Donner. Obviously.
>>
>>67878308
Why are they both white? That's racist.
>>
>>67879188
>>67878398
i used the 2 director idea becaus ei thought it would be interesting for burton to direct batmans scense and donner supermans then collaborate for the scenes with both

in retrospect it seems like it wouldnt work, but it would be interesting
>>
>>67878837
>It would be shit, since Donner movies, including the first Superman, were terrible.
Don't be ridiculous, the first Superman was excellent. The second was not a Donner movie.

And the only power the first movie created was time-travel, and that was only for the climax. Why is that a huge issue? Superman couldn't even fly for the first decade of his existence. It's not like the cellophane S of Superman II.
>>
That sounds like absolute shit.
>>
File: 1450600456087.png (7 KB, 364x313) Image search: [Google]
1450600456087.png
7 KB, 364x313
>>67878461
It's true there are no flags on /tv/, but sometimes, you just know. You just fucking know.
>>
>>67879220
because they're the ones FIGHTING crime.
>>
>>67879294
>the cellophane S of Superman II.
Has that ever come up in any other version of Superman?
>>
>>67879959
Not that I'm aware of.

The telekinesis that Zod displays in II where he lifts the guy with a point of his finger I believe Superman has displayed during the Silver Age.
>>
>>67879294

>the only power the first movie created was time-travel, and that was only for the climax.

The worst Deus Ex Machina of all, in my opinion. It's literally REWINDING TIME. It completely breaks the script.

>Look, Superman was caught by surprise! Might as well just rewind time to fix things!
>>
You nostalgia-fags are delusional.

We're living in the golden age of capeshit right now because the CGI can actually portray it in a way that looks good. I don't want to see superheroes fighting with Nintendo 64 graphics
>>
>>67880174
You're misusing the term "deus ex machina".
You're right, though. It's a plot contrivance, and a fairly annoying one.

But does that ruin the entire film for you? It doesn't for me. I don't consider the movie 10/10 but I believe it to be the best Superman film we've had so far.
>>
>>67880287
VFX comprise one element of a film. If that's the most important element to you, then cool. But to others, including myself, all of the other factors come into play such as editing, sound, direction, writing and acting - all of which both Superman and Batman have over BvS.
>>
>>67879881
underrated post
>>
>>67880337

It didn't ruin it for me, but I hated how they pulled that out of their ass at the ending of the movie and because of it I can't rate it higher than, say, Man of Steel.
>>
>>67878308
it would have been weird considering Reeve was a full 8 inches taller than Keaton.
>>
That idea makes me consider suicide.

Have anymore so I can go through with it?
>>
>>67881036
Oh, come on. Hundreds of Kryptonians attack Clark and then every single one is conveniently sucked away except for Zod so they can 1v1? That's no better.
>>
>>67878837
Brando phoned in pretty much everything he did. it never stopped him from giving an incredible performance. same goes for Hackman as far as superman is concerned. as for the script being terrible, that's debatable. most of Brando's dialogue is epic and awe inspiring, especially with the accent he spoke in.
>>
>>67881188
This. Oh, man that speech...
"They can be a great people, my son, they wish to be... They only lack the light to show them the way. For this reason above all... their capacity for good... I have sent them you... my only son... Kal-El."
Might be a bit off but I've had that memorised since I was like 6. Fucking amazing.
>>
File: DonnerCut.jpg (59 KB, 500x687) Image search: [Google]
DonnerCut.jpg
59 KB, 500x687
>>67879294
>The second was not a Donner movie

There is this tho
>>
>>67881320
"you would accuse me of insurrection? has it become a crime to cherish life?"

"on the woman ursa, whose perversions and unreasoning hatred of all mankind, have threatened even the children of the planet krypt'n."

i could go on and on. there is some funky dialogue in the movie but none of it is Brando's.
>>
>>67881428
Yep, and if we count that as its own film, then I'd definitely put it as second-best Superman movie. It's a shame he had to reuse the ending of the first.
>>
>>67881102
live action shrek starring jackie chan directed by zack snyder
>>
>>67881652
With Chris Tucker as Donkey.
>>
>>67881720
RDJ as farquaad
>>
>>67881618
I count it. I mean, its mostly complete (other than the ending) & a few things here & there. That's enough for me though, esp since it feels like a true continuation of the first one.

The theatrical release was god awful & done by the same faggot who thought it was a good idea to out Richard fucking Prior in a Superman film (3). To me Donner's 1 & 2 are the only Superman films worth anything, even though they're old & dated.

God, I'd love to see what a prime Reeve & Donner could do in 2016 in some alternate universe.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.