[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I might be breaking the law, but it's all good because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: 118510.jpg (27 KB, 640x276) Image search: [Google]
118510.jpg
27 KB, 640x276
>I might be breaking the law, but it's all good because I NEVER KILL ANYONE. it's my code, bro
>I just bash their heads viciously with a metal pipe until they stop moving

He kills at least 30 people in this season alone

>nah they're fine bro, people only die if you shoot them or cut their throats
>I'm not like you, Frank. You're crazy. You don't get to decide who lives or dies
>cut to glorious long-take sequence of Matt Murdock caving in skull after skull as he fights down a staircase of anonymous henchmen
>>
>>67876361
A whack on the head is a lot more fair than a bullet in the head.
>>
>>67876434

I'm just saying, if you beat someone in the cranium to the point of unconsciousness, you're looking at a deadly serious concussion. And he often just leaves those guys laying in the street. High percentage of them are never waking up.
>>
>>67876472
Daredevil doesn't just knock people out. That's not how concussions work.
If you beat someone so badly that they are completely immobile and unresponsive for more than 30 seconds, then you killed them.
>>
>>67876361
I was really lost and confused when Matt had the confessional/discussion with his pastor about whether to kill fisk, it didn't occur to me that he'd been avoiding killing thus far
>>
>>67876472

It's all in the game, though
>>
>>67876472
Like all those dead boxers and mma fighters in real life? I'm not saying you're wrong but it's not like he's beating up little old ladies that break their hips in a strong breeze, the human body is pretty resilient.
>>
>>67876361
its a tv show man.
KO'ing people does not work like it does here.
punching someone in the chin wont knock out cold the guy for the rest of the episode without leaving him with brain damage.

i like this show a lot, but some of the characters are real pussies. foggy for example turned into a whiny cunt and even matt goes full girl when he refuses to kill anyone, only so they can return and try to assassinate him again.

i wish this show will get "darker" with matt fully embracing elektra/sticks lifestyle.
>>
File: 1410888898674.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1410888898674.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>67876361
>"You know those people you beat up? They go on to commit other crimes afterwards. You know that father who molested his daughter that stopped doing it after you beat him up? He started taking her to dingy bars and paying other men to have sex with her 2 weeks later. My method gets rid of the problem completely instead of delaying it."
>"Yeah but killing is bad."
>"Why is it wrong to kill bad people?"
>"Because killing is bad."
>"But why is it bad?"
>"Because it's wrong to kill people."
>"But I'm killing people who will just harm or kill more people. These people contribute to lifestyles that get innocent people killed in gang conflict or drug overdoses. Technically when you factor in that one of my victims would go on to kill around 5 people if I hadn't killed them, I'm technically saving lives."
>"Yeah but killing people is bad."
>>
>>67876730
They have pretty much immediate medical attention. That makes the difference and it still fucks them up. These are people left in shitty condemned areas or on roofs outside. They're fucking dead.
>>
>>67876768

>You don't have to kill them, Frank. Just smash their heads with a pipe until they aren't moving anymore. They'll wake up tomorrow with a nasty headache and re-think their life of crime.
>...no, Matt, those people are dead. You killed them. Don't you read the papers? You've killed over 200 people
>>
>>67876564
Doesn't count fám. He can beat a man into a coma or inch of his life. If the criminal dies it's not Matts fault. The criminal should have survived
>>
>>67876873
>read
>making fun of a blind guy
>>
>>67876936

Is he even blind, though? I think he's faking it.
>>
>>67876768
Speaking of, wouldn't it have been great if Daredevil tried to explain that his method worked by telling him the child molester story. Then Punisher asks him where the child molester lived and when Daredevil told him, Punisher revealed that he was trying to kill a drug dealer in his apartment building but he heard the father talking dirty to his daughter about to fuck her so he killed him and gave the daughter to the police and that's why Daredevil didn't hear her being molested again? They could even have a flashback recreating that one scene from that Punisher comic where he finds those parents who made cp and killed them while their kids watched cartoons in the living room then he sat with the kids until the cops came to pick them up.
>>
>>67876730

Some of them might survive, but many wouldn't. And there's a difference between being knocked around by fists/feets in an MMA match, and being clubbed hard in the head with a pipe. I can't even tell you how many skull fractures happen on this show. Straight up, Daredevil is a mass murderer.
>>
File: 100420105.jpg (77 KB, 737x758) Image search: [Google]
100420105.jpg
77 KB, 737x758
The thing I don't get is that they are unconscious for upwards of 5-15 minutes sometimes in this show. If anybody has been knocked the fuck out they know that's not accurate. You're usually up in a few minutes max
>>
File: 1457777243883.jpg (57 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
1457777243883.jpg
57 KB, 1280x536
Keep in mind this is the marvel universe where to a regular human getting knocked out is essentially taking a nap, and "peak" humans can jump out of fucking jets without wearing parachutes and throw motorcycles around like beach balls.
>>
>>67877644
yeah it's hard to take Matts christianity seriously when you think about how Thor exists in their universe
>>
File: rly.jpg (185 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
rly.jpg
185 KB, 594x594
>>67877993
What?
>>
>>67876361

I'll never, ever be able to understand why some people can suspend their disbelief enough to, for example, accept that a blind lawyer with superhuman radar sense (granted to him by exposure to radioactive waste) can successfully moonlight as a vigilante ninja and fight evil zombie ninjas and robots and superhuman assassins and shit like that for years on end, and yet they just can't accept that the super-powered blind lawyer-ninja vigilante can smash somebody over the head with a billy club without killing them.
>>
>>67878261

Well in a way, in the Marvel universe, religion is an established fact. Norse paganism is the correct religion. Christianity has basically been rendered obsolete by the arrival of Thor in the modern world
>>
>>67878261
jesus christ that man's head looks like it's filled with peanut butter
>>
File: 1400573334990.jpg (21 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
1400573334990.jpg
21 KB, 500x416
>>67878349
Please, stop.
>>
>>67878412
how is it not?
>>
>>67878349
There is also a zeus and a horus and a huitzilopochtli and a flidais and pretty much every pagan god you can think of.

There is also supposedly a supreme creator called the "one above all" but its doubtful he's the judeo-christian god.
>>
i thought they were gonna finish the whole karen relationship all together when he's finds out she thinks punisher is doing a good thing
>>
>>67878349
You know nothing of the Marvel Universe. Thor even admits that there are beings more powerful than asgardians. There are giant ancient celestials, there are cosmic entities and embodied abstract concepts. There is also the judeo christian God.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/One-Above-All_(Multiverse)
>>
>>67878491

One-Above-All is meant to be like the judeo-christian God. He takes many forms, including looking like Jack Kirby a few times, is omniscient and omnipresent.
>>
>>67877552

Isn't more than a minute or two guaranteed vegetative state?
>>
>>67878667
If by "like the judeo-christian God" you mean omnipotent and omniscient.
>>
>>67876361
>hurrdurr killing is bad!
>hurrdurr spend a whole season showing how damaged and crazy Frank is
>because hurrdur vigilantes that kill are bad!

>literally the world most beloved superheroes kill a shit ton of criminals weekly
>tony, cap, widow, hawk, hulk, thor not only killed a lot but continue killing in the present as their usual way of handling criminals

Daredevil getting mad at Frank for being a self appointed Avenger is retarded. Someone should have brought the millionaire murder man and captain murders in the discussion and how everyone loves them.

His religion is also retarded. Daredevil is the most retarded character of the mcu.
>>
>>67878678
Yep.

I once knocked one of my friends out by accident and he was awake again in seconds.
>>
>>67879255
They're reactionary, and give the criminals a chance to back down.

Frank seeks them out when they aren't committing crimes and kills them in cold blood. There's a massive world of difference.

Also, the Avengers are somewhat government sanctioned.
>>
>>67878261
JUST
>>
>>67876730
A small baton/pipe makes the impact a LOT more forceful than a punch
could easily kill

however in DD they tend to show the henchmen reeling and grasping at floor/walls in background, probably to reassure you that it's okay and he's not killing them
>>
>>67876936
At that point he doesn't know he's blind though
>>
>>67877039
That was a loooong time ago. Frank would still be in the military by then.
>>
>>67876753
>filtered
Go jerk off to man of murder or bad flop vs kill-all-man.
>>
>>67876879
what
>>
>>67876879
>Doesn't count fám. Frank can shoot a man in the gut with a shotgun. If the criminal dies it's not franks fault. The criminal should have survived
>>
Actual soldiers of odin vigilante here

I only bash niggers with soft woodeb baseball bats rather than an aluminum one fämälämäs
>>
>>67876879
fortykeks.png
>>
>>67876361
What about the guy he throws off a staircase and lands on his back on the steps?
>>
>>67876361
agreed

Most unlikable protagonist in all the capeshit

He is even a selfish asshole with his friends. He only gets by because he's a good looking lawyer.

Fisk is less brutal than this guy. And the fight scenes get old. He does that gay backflip thing too much. It's so pointless.
>>
this is a universe where Thor exists. it's a heightened reality where people are more durable and can be thrown across a room and get up and keep fighting. the problem is your autism.
>>
>>67878261
Will ayy lmao be one of his spells?
>>
>>67884166

Matt is like that in the comics too. It did cause his life to go to absolute shit for three decades though if that helps.
>>
>>67877644
Cap has super human strength, not "peak human" strength.
That being said, yeah you're right, it's based off a fucking comic book. If you're looking for realism, look elsewhere.
>>
>>67877993
Thor is an alien, what are you talking about?
>>
>>67878349
In the MCU Norse paganism was passed through a fucking alien On Earth thousands of years ago, they're fucking aliens, not gods
>>
Nah, he just beats them up.

I know you're going to say "but realistically they'd die" but the show isn't 100% realistic (it's about a blind man who is a ninja lawyer superhero after all). Within the narrative of the story, the people he attacks don't die.
>>
>>67885390
No, Cap is literally at the peak of what a human is capable in terms of strength in proportion to what bones and muscles can support and exert. there are guys that can bench press near 1000 lb, cap can do that.
>>
>>67876361
Nah, looks like Matt is losing it and best guess is that it'll be a plot point in Season 3. He actually threatened Fisk by using family, he just dropped Nobu from a roof and just nodded when Frank sniped ninjas compared to an earlier where he was bitching at Elektra when she shanked one of them ninjas.
>>
>>67876472
night nurse never mentions this
>>
>>67877644
Steve/bucky aren't peak humans. Both received super human serums. A example of peak human is crossbones.
>>
>>67886118

Hawkeye and BW is a more better example but both peak at different skills but not a peak human overall.
>>
File: 1459553706915.jpg (5 KB, 206x250) Image search: [Google]
1459553706915.jpg
5 KB, 206x250
>>67886256

I guess you're right, HE/BW can be classified as peak humans as well.

But ,IMO, Hawkeye is a Jobber. I also don't really find BW that impressive. Her WS/Ultron feats where underwhelming. A lot of people on the vine talk about her fodderizing ultron bots.. but everyone in that movie was fodderizing them. So it really wasn't that impressive.

Crossbone's is a good example, at least IMO, because for the amount of screen time he had, he displayed amazing h2h feats against opponents far outside of his tier/skill-set.
>>
The Punisher/DD scenes were all GOAT

And if you don't like DD for being so adamantly against murder, you're a fag.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.