[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think I can watch this show anymore. The writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: shameless-s6-casting[1].jpg (84 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
shameless-s6-casting[1].jpg
84 KB, 640x320
I don't think I can watch this show anymore. The writing has only gotten worse. They literally start story lines and don't resolve them only to have them completely disappear.
>>
File: 1396863448166.png (1001 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1396863448166.png
1001 KB, 1280x720
should have ended with this 2bh
>>
what story lines are you talking about
>>
>>67870904
100% agreed
>>
>>67870873
it was never good
>>
>>67870965
Carl dating the little transvestite girl
Them having a dog (Mentioned episode 1)
Liam never speaks or adds anything to the show
Fiona is a child abuser and will not be able to get a job outside of patsys
Sean didn't cancel his credit cards
Ian gets his job back with no formal paperwork

etc etc
>>
>>67871039
I can see how some people would think that, but growing up lower middle class with a some story lines that hit way too close to home made it a good watch for me.
>>
I stopped in the middle of s5, couldn't take it anymore. This show is like a fucking cartoon, except reality resets every season instead of every episode - characters never learn, make the EXACT SAME mistakes every season

>>67871039
Nah, seasons 2-4 are pretty great, Rossum in particular was robbed year after year, which is surprising considering how great Showtime with awards
>>
>>67870873
i ditched it after jimmy got written off and never came back a little bit after Fiona got a real job
>>
File: AmerPsycho_208Pyxurz.jpg (113 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
AmerPsycho_208Pyxurz.jpg
113 KB, 1600x990
>>67870873
this show has no fucking idea whether it's a comedy or a drama. it flip flops from one to the other so fast it's unwatchable, i dropped it after a few episodes
>>
>>67871198
He comes back, fucks her and is off the show again.
>>
I stopped watching about 2 seasons in. They took a promising comedy and turned it into a white trash soap opera.
>>
This show never gets discussed here.
>>
>>67871090
Same here, but I stopped watching it when everyone started making decisions that were not only stupid, but went against previously established character traits.
>>
>>67871052
seriously?
half of those aren't even plotlines, just minucea nobody cares about seeing unless they're autistic
>>
I still watch it because I attached myself a lot with Frank, but I agree that it's been shit for a while, most likely since season 5.
Fiona's character has been destroyed and turned into a cheap slut who doesn't know how to take care of her brothers, and that's what bothers me the most. At s1, she didn't give a shit about having a boyfriend or not.
And I miss that faggot of Mickey, getting rid of him just like that was simply awful (the same thing applies to Jimmy/Steve)
>>
Turning Fiona into Frank 2.0 was the worst mistake, and a waste of a good character
>>
>>67871162
>seasons 2-4 are pretty great
Is one of those seasons the one where Lip is an expert hacker working with Jimmy Steve because if so that season sucks.
>>
How does a funny lookin kid like Lip keep fucking hot women?
>>
File: karen.jpg (750 KB, 1280x710) Image search: [Google]
karen.jpg
750 KB, 1280x710
it went to shit after karen left tbqh
>>
>>67871052
are you autistic by any chance
>>
>>67872878

This right here

Just stupidly hot
>>
>>67870873

It's cool that they portray a white male/black female relationship though.
>>
>>67870873
How's William H. Macy in it?
>>
>>67872878
>>67872957

Oh fuck yeah when she went full slut.
>>
>>67872957
>>67872878
I always found the way show treated her nakedness kinda creepy. I know that actress was like 27, but her character was 15 and she looked that age, so seeing her nude all the time was fucking weird
>>
>>67872858

Lip has an intellectual Stanley Kowalski vibe Very sexy.
>>
>>67873013
Pretty good, but his character has become unnecessary like 2 seasons in and everyone's wishing for his death since then, they keep teasing it too, but he's like a fucking cockroach
>>
>>67873073

Do you know where you are?
>>
>>67873013

him and the actress that plays his oldest daughter are fucking IRL
>>
Whats this like in comparison to the British show?
I remember dropping it because all my favorite characters were leaving left and right.
After Paddy Maguire left I thought whats the fucking point.
>>
File: big-clean.jpg (93 KB, 1440x808) Image search: [Google]
big-clean.jpg
93 KB, 1440x808
Mandy was best Shameless girl

>that episode where she wore that cute church girl outfit
>that episode where Lip fucked her while she cried and said "I love you"
My dick was diamonds
>>
>>67873156
>him and the actress that plays his oldest daughter are fucking IRL

Did rossum just get married?
>>
>>67873156
>>67873254
What? He's been married to Felicity Huffman for like 20 years and Rossum's dating Mr. Robot showrunner

>>67873224
Shame that Jane Levy left, she's a much better actress
>>
>>67871452

>minucea

Without trying to be a dick it is minutiae that you are looking for.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (705 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
705 KB, 1920x1080
As usual, the original british version is far superior.
>>
>>67871246
meh
>>
>>67873620
McAvoy = Kevin?
>>
>>67873620
For the first series only sure
>>
>>67873620
Nah, it's the same shit, promising start, then went to shit
>>67873656
Jimmy/Steve. He and Fiona actually leave the show at the end of s2, he married her irl too
>>
>>67873620

who is that blonde standing alone in the back center. i'm in pleblove
>>
>>67873620
Who's the Indian guy meant to be?
>>
>>67875431
Ian's manager/fuckbuddy?
>>
File: Johanna Braddy.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Johanna Braddy.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>67871052

I liked the obvious plotline they intended to develop with Johanna Braddy (the hot blond college tutor in S4) but they abruptly dropped. The showrunner obviously intended to build Johanna Braddy into a romantic foil/interest for Lip but for whatever reason the idea got shitcanned leaving an odd scene that left the audience hanging and wondering what happened to that hot character.
>>
>>67871277

>comedy

???
>>
>>67870873
I love this show but they should be working towards an ending, having everything go to shit at the end of the season is getting repetitive.

Also why was Fiona suddenly pissed that Sean was doing heroin, didn't he tell her word for word that he's an addict and won't tell her he'll quit because that's a promise he can't keep?
>>
>>67870873

SEASON 4 is where the entire show started to nosedive and turn to shit. Each plotline was weak. Ian in gay boy overload was fucking revolting. How much gay shit do those faggot Hollywood producers thing they can force on straight people? Jesus. Fiona's story was unrealistic and SO forced. Debbie's "love life" was an utter cringefest to watch. Frank slowly "dying" was as fun as watch as weeds growing. Carl and Lip's stories were marginally interesting but those alone couldn't save the season.

SEASON 5 is where the show crashed and burned and got destroyed beyond all hope. It became totally fucking unwatchable. I now HATE the show and will not watch it ever again.

FUCK those douchebags in Hollywood running this shitfest.
>>
Gave up on this show last season.
Really lost focus of what it wanted to be.
>>
>>67875777
This was the worst shit. At one point they were finally about to give Sammi a proper role on the show as matriarch of the household but they blew it all up for no reason at all. I hated Sammi from the beginning, but I was still willing to give her a chance when they set that up, and then they trashed it.

Almost all the new set ups in the last four years have been weak too. Bianca was good, Lip's relationship with his half asian girlfriend's parents had potential, his relationship with her had potential too but she just disappeared. Meh.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.