[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these films exploitative of christians, or made out of a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
Are these films exploitative of christians, or made out of a sincere desire to spread the word?

I'm tempted to say exploitative. If they were made out of a desire to spread the word, surely they would include black people and black churches on some level. But every film so far has been about a white person in a moderately successful job or life. I think they're not meant to reach christians, but rather reach white christians who listen to conservative talk radio and buy into a conspiracy against us. I don't think black people radio does that.

t. a white christian.
>>
It's an American movie
73% of the population is white
By starring white people they generate a bigger audience.

It's really that simple, stop being brainwashed by liberals to make you think every thing white people do is rasict.
>>
Well, the actors definitely feel like there's a real message that needs to be heard. I'm not sure if the rest of the staff or the studio feels the same way. Of course, if the first movie wasn't a success I doubt they'd do a follow-up so money is always the prime motivator when it comes to entertaiment.
>>
>>67867113
I don't think everything white people do is racist. I don't even think this is racist. Just dishonest. If they had a sincere message, they would have tried to spread it out beyond Rush Limbaugh's target audience

>>67867138
Oh, have the actors given interviews on it?
>>
>>67867194
>If they had a sincere message, they would have tried to spread it out beyond Rush Limbaugh's target audience

Dumb as fuck logic
>>
These modern Christian movies are made for their target demographic where its the government/liberals oppressing their faith.
>>
>>67867525
If you had a sincere message about salvation, wouldn't you want as many people as possible to know it?
>>
They all look dead inside.
>>
>>67867616
If you're not a Catholic, why would you care? Protestantism is made for selfish people who care only about their own salvation, while the impure burn in hell, sometimes for a divine plan set out at the beginning of time.
The idea of a Civitas Dei is typically Catholic. The word itself means "Towards the whole", "Katà Hòlon" because it is the only Christian faith with a vocation to encompass all people.
>>
>>67866986
Christian movies are shit
>>
File: face man.jpg (52 KB, 639x603) Image search: [Google]
face man.jpg
52 KB, 639x603
>>67867736
>Only Catholics proselytise
>>
I just read the plot of the first one - is this shit serious? Do Christians really think there's some sort of conspiracy to kill their religion?
>>
File: 129912560876.png (82 KB, 562x404) Image search: [Google]
129912560876.png
82 KB, 562x404
>>67867736
>this again
>>
>>67867842
yes
>>
>>67866986

when did christians become such nigger-loving cucks
>>
File: protestant.png (2 MB, 1558x1084) Image search: [Google]
protestant.png
2 MB, 1558x1084
>>67867756

Protestant movies are shit.
>>
>>67867961
Same time as your dad
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.