[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HECTOOOOOOOOOR!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10
File: 3858115-achilles.jpg (22 KB, 719x304) Image search: [Google]
3858115-achilles.jpg
22 KB, 719x304
HECTOOOOOOOOOR!!
>>
Why didn't the entire city just shoot him with arrows right there and then?
>>
I'll fight for my beloved myself!

Menelaus come at me you swine!

LOL JK FUCK THIS SHIT I'M OUT HECTOR HALP PLS
>>
>>67866268
nigger with no honor detected
>>
Eric Bana is good desu
>>
>>67866297

What a bitch

>HELP ME
>>
Hector and Achilles fight is one of the best ever put on the silver screen.
>>
>>67866244
This movie is awful and everybody who likes it is underage and like it because they saw it as children.
>>
BOAAAAAAAAAAAGRIUS
>>
>>67866244
Huuuugh huuugh
>>
>>67866268
>summon all our archers and get them armed and supplied with arrows in the next 10 seconds before he hears or sees a mass of movement on the walls and tell them all to fire at that one man on the chariot with a large shield! Don't worry about the wastage of arrows though, or the fact that he's so far away hitting him would be next to impossible with the wind!

I get what you mean but it's just a bit impractical
>>
>>67866367
Bold opinions for a redditor
>>
>>67866367
someone get this hothead outta here
>>
>>67866297
Was he this faggoty in the book?
>>
>>67866703
yeah pretty much. iliad is a good read btw
>>
File: SAVE ME.jpg (22 KB, 564x508) Image search: [Google]
SAVE ME.jpg
22 KB, 564x508
>AHHHHHH HELP ME HECTOR HE HAS A SWORD

Is there a bigger pussy than Paris.
>>
>>67866703
Hector was also kinda faggy
Didn't Achilles chase him around the walls of Troy for hours before Hector gave up
>>
>>67866297
AHHHHH, HELP ME HECTOR
>>
>>67866806
No, Achilles dragged his corpse around the city for hours
>>
File: hey everyone.jpg (830 KB, 2761x1449) Image search: [Google]
hey everyone.jpg
830 KB, 2761x1449
>>67866244
Hey everyone!
>>
>>67866268
only faggots use arrows.
>>
>>67866368
ACHILLEEEEEEEEEES
>>
YOU GAVE HIM THE HONOR OF YOUR SWORD
>>
I really liked this movie, but I would love to see a modern version of the iliad that inculdes the Gods and based Diomedes hacking the shit out of aphrodite and apollo
>>
File: 1454329877879.jpg (35 KB, 294x399) Image search: [Google]
1454329877879.jpg
35 KB, 294x399
>>67866297
>steals a woman knowing full well it will result in war, is it worth the incidental deaths of thousands of loved ones on his behalf? Doesnt give a fuck
>breaks rules of engagement and sullies family honor, even his new woman scoffs at this
>pussies out of the actual fighting being done on his behalf
>results in millions dying for him
>kills the movies other protagonist by accident
>in the end he runs away from everything and lives
>gives the prized sword of the cities rulership to a random civilian and never sees it again
This fucking guy.
>>
>>67867358
>Aeneas
>random civilian

rarely does the word plebeian apply so perfectly, familias
>>
LOOK AT ME HECTOR
>>
>>67866806

Kek, just have a mental image of Brad Pitt and Eric Bana running in circles for hours being the climactic fight of the film.
>>
>>67866806
>>67866948
yes he chased him around troy and hector only stopped because some goddess disguised herself as his brother and said he'd help hector out. then she teleported the fuck out and achilles wacked him.
>>
File: 1409573929589.jpg (5 KB, 135x135) Image search: [Google]
1409573929589.jpg
5 KB, 135x135
>>67867506
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
This movie was so fucking good
>>
>>67867219
It would be boring. Just like the epic. Odyssey with Sean Bean would be cool though.
>>
>>67867506
Athena is always causing hilarious shit.

TEAM TROY
Apollo
Aphrodite
Ares

TEAM ACHAEANS
Athena
Hera
Poseidon

TEAM TROY BUT NEUTRAL BECAUSE PUSSY-WHIPPED BY HIS WIFE
Zeus
>>
>>67867693
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT ARES DID NOTHING WRONG AND ZEUS AND ATHENA WERE JUST BEING FAGGOTS
>>
>>67867693
Illiad is literally dota the movie. Human characters can do literally nothing, they whole life and destiny is in controls of the gods.
>>
>>67867691
You'll need a better bait.
>>
>still no Gemmel Troy trilogy movies

fuck my shit up, senpai
>>
>>67867730
Have you even read the Iliad?

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. To what are you even referring?
>>
THE GODS ENVY US
>>
>>67867905
Ares was directly interfering in the battle and then-i think this is what the guy means

>Athene, or Athena, Ares's sister, saw his interference and asked Zeus, his father, for permission to drive Ares away from the battlefield, which Zeus granted (V.711–769). Hera and Athena encouraged Diomedes to attack Ares (V.780–834). Diomedes thrust with his spear at Ares, with Athena driving it home, and Ares's cries made Achaeans and Trojans alike tremble (V.855–864). Ares fled to Mt. Olympus, forcing the Trojans to fall back
>>
>>67867691
>odyssey with sean bean

that'd make up for all the times he's died on screen
>>
If the movie had gods itd be fucking hilarious to see Brad Pitt chasing Apollo around trying to kill him with him just laughing his ass off and calling Pitt a nancy
>>
File: 1456616697344.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1456616697344.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
>>67867506
greek gods are cheeky lil shits
>>
>>67866244

LET NO MAN UNDERESTIMATE HOW MENACING WE ARE. WE ARE LIONS!
>>
>>67868173
In Ilium/Olympos, Achilles is invulnerable because at birth his quantum probability field was set in such a way that the only way he can be killed is by paris, plus being nanocell-enhanced and a demigod. so basically he's completely unstoppable and kills dozens of gods dozens of times, everyone is scared shitless of him
>>
>>67868345
ALTHOUGH TECHNICALLY ANTS
>>
>>67867410
Well he wasn t importat YET
>>
>guy kills your son and desecrates his body
>kneelbefore him and kiss his hands

Why was Priam such a bitch?
>>
>>67866268
pussy
>>
>>67867358
dat dick game tho
>>
File: w.jpg (54 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
54 KB, 1100x733
>didn't show her nips in the theater
>decides on a whim 5 years later to release the nudes in a director's cut
>>
>>67869567
>disgusting brown nips

Yeah no wonder
>>
Do people really like this movie?
Bad movies that rapes greek mythology(see clash of titans,immortals,this shit and others) really triggers me.
The only good one is the odyssey tv movie.
>>
>>67869845
Besides all the other pathetic body bullshits, now you cretins are trying to start a thing with brown nipples? Holy shit, kill yourselves.
>>
>>67866244
>"sd". as
>>
>>67869845
shut up you fucking virgin
>>
sas >"sd".
asr
>>
>>67870203
>>67870248
triggered shitskins
>>
File: 1337373045951.jpg (53 KB, 482x505) Image search: [Google]
1337373045951.jpg
53 KB, 482x505
>>67870203
>Liking brown nipples
>>
sas
>"sd"
asr
>>
YOU SACK OF WINE
>>
>>67870267
>>67870283
brown nipples = more estrogen and fertility = more attractive to healthy non-degenerate males
>>
>>67866268
Hey, Paris!
>>
>>67870361
All I read was "I'm a dirty sandnigger"
>>
Sean Bean and Brian Cox were the best parts of this movie.
>>
>>67870361
[citation fucking needed]

kys familia. Pink nipples are god-tier
>>
should I name my kid Hector if he's a boy lads?
>>
>>67870601
>naming him after a loser

Achilles is better though a bit meme
>>
if Achilles wasn't half demi god, would Hector have had a shot and defeating him?
>>
>>67870647
Nah, hector is just the best of troy, he doesn't even come close to Diomedes, let alone Achilles. He also doesn't beat Big Ajax in the Iliad, it's a draw and hector concedes big ajax is a better warrior
>>
>>67870647
just for fun, here's the Hektor/Achilles boxing match from Shield of Thunder

More than twenty thousand people were present at the fight, though less than a tenth could say
truthfully they witnessed it. People farther back than the first few rows could occasionally get a glimpse
of the two men, but those at the rear could only listen to the roars of the crowd. And yet, decades later,
men from all nations would say their fathers or their grandfathers had stood close by on that day. Two
hundred years on a king from Macedonia named Antipas would insist that his ancestor had held the
cloak of the victor. For seven generations his family claimed the title Cloakbearer. Bards would later
sing of the battle, maintaining that Zeus and the gods had descended on Troy that day, disguised as
mortals, and that ownership of the stars was wagered by them.
Odysseus saw no gods as he stood on the far side of the circle with the kings of the west. He saw two
proud men in the full glory of youth and strength circling one another under a blazing sun. Achilles
made the first attack, stepping in and feinting with a left before flashing a right hand that thundered
against Hektor s face. The Trojan champion reacted with an uppercut that hammered into his opponent s
belly and a left cross that glanced from Achilles temple. Then they pulled back and circled again. This
time it was Hektor who moved in. Achilles swayed back from a straight left, then stepped inside,
throwing a combination of blows that drove Hektor back. The punches were blindingly fast, each one
pounding into Hektor s face. The Trojan covered up, blocking further blows with his forearms, then
counterattacked with a left hook that clubbed into Achilles cheek.
Achilles was bigger and faster than the Trojan and was landing more punches. Odysseus watched
intently as the fighters circled once more. Each man had now tested the other, and both knew there
would be no swift conclusion.
>>
>>67871135
Odysseus stood quietly, the roars of the crowd washing over him. He knew Achilles was the stronger
man, but he knew also that skill and speed alone would not dictate the outcome. The plan had been
Agamemnon s, and Odysseus had offered no argument against it. If Hektor could be defeated, it would
damage the morale of the Trojans, whereas if Achilles lost, it would dent only the confidence of the
Thessalians and have little effect on men from other nations drawn into the battle for Troy.
Even so he was torn as he watched the combat. He liked Hektor and had no desire to see him
humbled. Equally, he longed to see the look on Priam s face when his beloved son was defeated.
Odysseus glanced at the Trojan king. Priam was watching the fight, his expression calm and untroubled.
That will change, Odysseus thought.
Both fighters now glistened with sweat, and there was a swelling beneath Hektor s right eye. Achilles
was unmarked. He surged forward, ducking under a murderous right, then smashing two blows into
Hektor s face, opening a cut under the left eye that sprayed blood over the nearby spectators. A gasp
went up from the crowd. Hektor countered with a left hook that slashed above Achilles ducking head.
Achilles hammered a blow into Hektor s belly and a right cross that cracked against his chin. Off
balance, Hektor tumbled to the dirt and rolled onto his back.
Odysseus flicked a glance at Priam and smiled. The Trojan king was ashen, his mouth open in shock.
Hektor rose to his knees, shook his head, and remained where he was for a moment, dragging in deep
breaths. Then he stood, walked to the spear plunged into the ground, and patted the haft. Blood was
running down his face.
The crowd was silent now.
>>
>>67866703
No, he fucks Helen right after the duel with Menelaus.
>>
>>67871190
Achilles launched a swift attack, but he was overconfident and ran into a straight left that jarred him
to his heels and an uppercut to the belly that lifted him from his feet. Hektor followed in, but Achilles
spun away, sending a stinging right that further opened the cut on Hektor s face.
The day wore on, the sun sinking slowly over the sea.
Hektor was slowing, fewer of his punches hitting the target, whereas Achilles seemed to be growing
in strength. Twice more Hektor was downed, and twice more he rose to touch the spear haft.
At that point Odysseus thought that the end was inevitable. Hektor s strength was being leached away
by every blow. Only pride and courage kept him on his feet.
Achilles, sensing victory was close, stepped in, thundering two right crosses into Hektor s face,
hurling him from his feet.
Hektor hit the ground hard and rolled to his knees. He struggled to rise, fell back, then slowly made it
to his feet to touch the spear.
Then Achilles made a terrible mistake.
Come on, you Trojan dog, he said with a sneer. There is more pain here for you.
Odysseus saw the change come over Hektor. His head came up, and his pale eyes narrowed. Then,
amazingly, he smiled.
>>
>>67868482
Aeneas was already an important dude. I think Priam was his great uncle or something.
>>
>>67870530
show me one girl with pink nipples who's not albino
>>
>>67871243
Achilles, oblivious to the change in his opponent, charged in. Hektor stepped in to meet him,
blocking a right cross and sending yet another uppercut into Achilles belly. Breath whooshed from the
Thessalian s lungs. A clubbing left hook exploded against his forehead, splitting the skin above his right
eye. Achilles tried to back away. Hektor hit him with a ferocious left, then a right that pulped his lips
against his teeth, shredding them. Desperately Achilles ducked his head, trying to protect his face with
his forearms. An uppercut swept between the raised limbs. Achilles head snapped back. A straight left
shattered his nose. Achilles stumbled back, but there was no escape. Hektor moved in, hammering
punch after punch into Achilles ruined face. Blood was flowing into both eyes now, and Achilles did not
see the blow that ended the fight. Hektor stepped back and with all his strength hit his opponent with an
explosive right that spun the Thessalian through a full circle before his unconscious body hit the dirt.
A huge cheer went up from the crowd. Hektor turned and strode back to the dais, where he lifted clear
the laurel wreath of victory. Walking back to where Achilles lay, he dropped the wreath onto his chest,
then swung to face Odysseus and the kings of the west. As the cheering faded away, he pointed down at
the fallen hero. When he spoke, his voice was cold.
Hail to mighty Achilles, he said. Hail to the champion of the games.
>>
>>67871285
>>67871243
Wait what happened, did touching the spear give him a powerup ?
>>
DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S THERE WAITING BEYOND THAT BEACH?
>>
>>67871387
It's anime rules.
>>
>>67871387
no being taunted did. you touch the spear to acknowledge a knock down in case of a draw, so the one wirth most knock downs loses
>>
>>67871713
He got taunted so he became a big guy?
>>
>>67872015
για σενα
>>
>>67866244
best scene in the movie and the book. specially from hector's point of view.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
DING DING DING DING
>>
>>67867506

Fick i read this crap and I don't remembeer that

Care to fill me in where i have to look
>>
It always bothered me that there isn't any god involvement in the movie. Half of the drama of the entire affair involved the gods.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJTXPtFw8hc

Hot damn really need one whole movie with that mofo
>>
>>67866800
Captain American
>>
>>67867467
Now picture that scene with yakety sax playing.
>>
Sean Bean steals the spotlight in every movie hes in, even if its a minor role.
Its why they always kill him off, so the audience can realize that there are other actors in whatever flick Sean Bean decided to grace with his presence.
>>
>>67868041
ares is a pussy is what he meant?
>>
>>67871135
>>67871190
>>67871243
>>67871285
pure bullshitry.
>>
>>67878110

I still get mad at that scene in Ronin where deNiro goes full autism on based Bean because if you put people with guns on both sides of the road they'll kill each other right away and miss the target
>>
>>67866244

This movie would be about 100x better if it also featured greek gods fucking about and about 1000x better if Brian Blessed played Zeus.
>>
>>67866244
they should make a new one where the gods in immortals are the gods.
>>
>>67867506

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/iliad/section12.rhtml

Jesus christ it's true

Athena a whore
>>
>>67866318
There is no greater honor than victory. Fighting "fair" is the stupidest way to wage war.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.