[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talking Thrones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: after-300x430.jpg (58 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
after-300x430.jpg
58 KB, 300x430
>HBO has announced today that they’ll be teaming up with Bill Simmons for After the Thrones, a weekly show that “takes a lively, humorous and sophisticated look at” Game of Thrones. It will debut this month, with the first episode premiering on April 25th, the day after GoT’s season 6 premiere.

FULL DROP
>>
It can hardly be as bad as Game of Thrones Abridged.
>>
>>67864709
what did you mean by this?
>>
AMC tier.
>>
Television is dead. HBO used to mean something, now its aping fucking amc.

We could have prevented this.
>>
WHY BILL WHY
>>
>>67864647
How much more can they possibly fuck up the show? Jesus Christ.
>>
TV is so bad now.. it's literally youtube
>>
Why do all the trashy shows get this feature? I don't need someone analyzing Game of Thrones.

I would have loved someone talking to the cast of The Sopranos or The Wire discussing what the actors felt on the characters actions.
>>
Varys is of the dragon's blood. Screenshot this right now. You show plebs make me sick.
>>
>>67865654
vinyl does a nice little behind the scenes recap for a few minutes at the end of each up

i would be up for something like this. its not some hour long show with a bunch of blowhards
>>
Just for the heads up, Chris Ryan and Andy Greenwald are the two best tv/movie commentaries out there. They aren't blind GoT fans either.

I won't watch it because I have no interest but it will not be garbage with these two doing it.
>>
File: DROOOOP.gif (984 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
DROOOOP.gif
984 KB, 500x240
>>
>>67865808
>They aren't blind GoT fans either.
You don't expect them to bite the hand that feeds do you? They would never dare criticize the show in a meaningful way while on HBO.

It's a fluff piece.
>>
I'm a fan of these two, but I feel like this is a waste of their time/talents.
>>
I hate pop culture so much. Its the fucking worst.
>>
Isn't that Sillicon Valley's time slot? what the fuck
>>
>>67869297
they havent given a time slot yet but its the next day, not right after the ep
>>
File: ryry-fully-functional.jpg (126 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
ryry-fully-functional.jpg
126 KB, 1000x1333
Looks gay as fuck tbqh. Bunch of nebbish redditors spouting cliche opinions. PASS.
>>
>>67869613
Oh man i thought it was cancelled, thanks my man.
>>
jesus, no one is forcing you faggots to watch it if you dont like the concept of a post-show discussion roundtable. it's not like there aren't already hundreds of channels on youtube doing just that
>>
>>67866453
>It's a fluff piece.

Indeed, all the "fans" calling in will actors scripted to hype the tv show and avoid mentioning the books.
>>
Who the fuck would watch this if it's on a day later? I imagine most people are like me and only watch Talking Dead just because it's on immediately after Walking Dead and it's left on while they go online to discuss the show.
>>
>>67871389
a huge portion of the GoT fanbase pirates it or watches it on demand after the initial airing
>>
JUST
>>
>>67864647
>Night's Watch protecting the Iron Throne
>>
File: jon-snow-game-of-thrones.jpg (56 KB, 631x451) Image search: [Google]
jon-snow-game-of-thrones.jpg
56 KB, 631x451
>>67864647
>tfw you can't understand a tv show and need an hour analysis to process it
>tfw when you don't have any friends to discuss things with so you have to watch other people talk about them
>>
>>67872092
this is why /tv/ loves RLM so much
>>
I'm sure they'll just masturbate to the genius pottery of D&D's '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''writing''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>67864647
Fucking Hell, HBO.

They're not airing this on their main channel are they?
>>
>DID YOU SEE THAT SWORD?
I want to get paid to be these faggots.
>>
>>67864647
>More of that Talking Dead bullshit

If I could redo my life, I'd play in traffic.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.