[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, I'm sorry I doubted you. After witnessing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 8
Holy fuck, I'm sorry I doubted you. After witnessing the majesty of BvS, I decided to rewatch MoS with a different frame of mind.
Anyone want to discuss it? No meanies allowed.
>>
Still the most entertaining superhero movie as of yet
>>
>BVS
>MOS

Must be confusing Cavill suddenly having more hair
>>
>>67861658
>discuss steaming piles of shit foisted on us by Zack the Hack

Why would we waste our time on such things anon?
>>
worst capeshit in era, fact
>>
it's too shakey
>>
>>67861658
What a shit taste anon

Embarassing
>>
>majesty
Shit thread, stale bait.
>>
>>67861658
Here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
[spoilers] I liked it too, it and superman the movie
>>
Everything outside of Superman was really good.

Zod is the GOAT underappreciated capeshit villain.
>>
>>67861732
>>67861715
>>67861708
Amazing, when did /tv/ literally become /v/?
>>
>>67861658
>No meanies allowed.
Go back to school.
>>
>>67861658
Purest kino of its time. Some say kino as ripe as this will never be achieved again.
>>
>>67861766
>calling out shit taste is /v/

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>67861766
>defending the 567th capeshit thread opened with some awful bait about any of it being high art this month
>>
>dat initial flying scene

It can only be compared with the first foight scene in interstellar. I was speechless.
>>
>>67861658
hey now, leaving one extreme doesn't mean you should jump to the other one
>>
>>67861658

I don't like the sound design for when Clark flies for the first time, listen to this Hanna Barbera/sesame street stock sound effect and tell me it's good.

https://youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k?t=2m5s
>>
This movie was pure Malick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpsxVDHRhek
>>
>>67862880
sounds decent
>that sonic boom

we'll never have another superhero movie this enjoyable ever again
>>
File: 1415228803497.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1415228803497.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
>>67863476

>Welcome to the "Planet"
>My face when

Also MoS OST >>>>>>>>>> BvS OST
>>
>No meanies

Niggah, you even know where you are?? Fuck you. I hope you die before the next shitty DC movie, that way you'll never see it
>>
Rational minded people recognize MoS and BvS as good
>>
>>67863529

I don't know, that wooshing just sounds like generic shit to me because I've heard it before in old ass movies.
>>
>>67863476
>WELCOME TO THE PLANET

BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>67863640
>Rational minded people recognize MoS and BvS as good
>Rational minded
>MoS and BvS good

Pick one
>>
>>67863655
I know what you mean but that kind of is what air sounds like, you might hear that skydiving.
>>
>>67863754
See? Only memes and non arguments that you got from someone else
>>
File: 1459474259973.gif (3 MB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
1459474259973.gif
3 MB, 450x350
is Kevin Costner a method actor?

His performance is a thing of wonder
>>
Man of Steel makes me wish for a Superman movie directed by Malick. It was really close to some of Malick's movies but not near enough. So it would be cool to see a really spiritual Superman movie done by Malick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYR5MFb8Rc

I have faith in Warner Brothers. They're a director's studio. Just give to Malick, WB.
>>
>>67863640
ewww

>>>/v/eddit
>>
>>67863640
this tb-h
>>
>>67863640
MoS was utter shit with a 30 minute ending of beat em up that wasn't epic or exciting what so ever
>>
>>67863887

No, MoS was a very emotional and beautiful film.
>>
>I’m afraid this is goodbye.
>And every time we say goodbye you die a little.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67861658
Saw this shit a week ago

No wonder the underage /v/ audience loves it so much
>>
With a tweaked tornado scene this would be 9/10.

Can only imagine how amazing it would've been in the cinema
>>
>>67861766
When you freaks flooded in here to praise BvS, a flick designed to pander to /v/ sensibilities.

/v/ = DCEU
reddit = MCU
/tv/ = both are shit
>>
>>67864243
stop making excuses for your shit taste
>>
it took me three views of MOS to realise that this is a Superman for a new generation, I now really enjoy that move and while it is angrier and Darker than the classic Superman, I think it will grow, like BVS, into something more over time, I've seen BVS the same amount of times, and I really like it now.
>>
File: 1459780748202 (1).jpg (285 KB, 656x982) Image search: [Google]
1459780748202 (1).jpg
285 KB, 656x982
>>67861700
>yfw CGI-less MoS filming scenes
>>
>>67864481
>and while it is angrier and Darker than the classic Superman

is it really though? I found it the complete opposite, it's very hopeful and positive, and Clark after he speaks with Jor-el's ghost is having with his powers and actually gets to interact with other characters and not come off as some kind of psychopath.

In BvS after what is a year and a half is a sullen worn out mess who apart from a few kind words to Lois is bitter as fuck in what few words he has to say or rather don't say.

They fucked up Superman in BvS, that's not up for debate.
>>
>>67864642
this, i'll just assume people think it's too dark because it has an alien invasion and has an appropriate tone during it.
>>
>tfw my copypasta is confirmed by someone who's actually /lit/
http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
>>
>>67863476
It's scenes like that one as Clark as a child that makes me disappointed Man of Steel wasn't a better movie.
>>
>>67864642
I quite agree, it is very hopeful but with Zods death, you see part of Kal die along with him, that the world is a cruel place and that he chooses to put the human race over his own is equally troubling for him, it is a fair comment over his treatment in BVS however I would say that it wasn't by much for me, If I was in charge of warners DC arm, I certainly would have made a proper MOS 2, then a stand alone Batman Versus Superman and then a third film called Dawn Of Justice, I will say they really let Batman surf over trying to cram it all into one. Foolish.
>>
>>67861658
>the majesty of BvS
you really have shit in your eyes, m8. It's one thing to like the damn movie, but to put it on a pedestal is just complete nonsense.
>>
>>67864642

I disagree about BvS. Henry's Superman wasn't an asshole in it. He was just feeling troubled by the public opinion, both pro and against him, and feeling powerless and guilt over not being able to save all the people that died because of his existence or actions.

It's a more troubled and guilt-ridden Superman, but still a hopeful one. BvS is akin to Superman being tested while walking through the desert. Is a test of his faith.
>>
>>67864711
No, but it sure ain't as light in tone as Christopher Reeves Superman, this deals with some pretty deep issues regarding loss, being alone and somewhat of an outcast, more so than those films did. Even though the first Superman remains a classic at least.
>>
>>67865037
I quite agree, I think Cavill nails it.
>>
>>67864824
>http://pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

Push your blog somewhere else. So many words to just describe the genre it fits into. Anyone who has ever had any kind of background with classic literature knows that BvS is a tragedy. From the very first trailer, Batman and Superman are both depicted as tragic heroes. Writing an essay to prove it is a colossal waste of time.

Being a tragedy doesn't make it good though. Lines like:
>I mentioned early on that BvS employing this structure invites us to comment on our knowledge and relationship with genres in literary traditions. When I first watched this film, I was blown away by the invocation of the revenge tragedy as an organising principle for the narrative

are, frankly, embarrassing.
>>
>>67865037
>>67865092
Please, you make it sound like he had an actual breakdown and been having serious issues with coping with life in general, when in reality, there might be only 10 seconds of him looking vaguely sad before he puts on his "i'm superman and i'm pissed" look.
>>
>>67865179

>there might be only 10 seconds of him looking vaguely sad before he puts on his "i'm superman and i'm pissed" look.

Why do you ignore all the scenes where he's with either Lois or his mom and talking about his feelings? Come on, man.
>>
>>67865220
oh you mean, the scene where he brings groceries home and jumps in the bathtub with Lois? oh fuck yeah, if that's being guilty, i'd like that feeling all day.

And the scene with his mom lasts less than 30 seconds and he barely speaks if at all. So you, come on.
>>
>>67863807
I doubt Malick will ever touch capeshit especially considering how far he's gone.
>>
>>67865152
not even mine famalam
>>
>>67865220
>all the scenes

My comment will be an aside from whatever argument was going on about whether or not Superman was an asshole in BvS.

The problem with the movie is that there were only two of them with one conversation apiece. Imagine if the movie did away with Superman's vision quest in the mountains and Lois Lane wasn't scrambling around DC where she puts together the stupid conspiracy plot in the span of three disconnected scenes. Imagine if there was just a nice, slower paced scene, after Superman had basically said he was done for a little while, where he, Ma Kent, and Lois just have a nice dinner on the Kent farm. Where they get to have an actual conversation instead of talking only in stilted dialogue crafted specifically for trailers. Where Ma Kent tells the story about Pa Kent saving the farm, instead of a ghost saying it to Clark on top of a mountain. There is so much more character work that could have been done by having the characters in the same room more.
>>
>>67864834
Fuck that scene is so beautiful. That last song in the soundtrack is amazing with the scene
>>
Fuck you faggots. The movie had flaws, but I enjoyed it.
>dat imax 3d experience, yo
>>
>>67861764
Zod was GOAT.
>"Where did you train? On a FARM?"
>>
>>67861756
>this video

i mean, i always liked MoS but this analysis has now made me love it
>>
>>67865179
Hey look, I'm just explaining what came across in the film to me, it's open to interpretation
>>
The tornado scene is really the only problem. There were better ways to handle that. I understand what they were going for, but I would have preferred if Clark saved Pa Kent even after being told not to. It'd be a pretty good way to illustrate what his character is about.
>>
>>67865612

I think the whole thing with the drowning horses works better as a daydream because it relates to Superman's guilt but a nice dinner scene would have been good.
>>
>>67861658
I'm here for ya mate. Whatcha wanna talk about?

I've seen both of them multiple times and keep finding new depth. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who'll say that's just confirmation bias on my part, but heartily disagree.
>>
Only /co/ autists dislike this piece of cinema
>>
>>67865981

lmao, you're retarded. Clark watching his father die is the single most difficult challenge he faces in the movie. That is what Superman is about.. doing things that are impossible.
>>
>>67865037
>BvS is akin to Superman being tested while walking through the desert. Is a test of his faith.

This his mountain vision was supposed to mirror the Temptation Of Christ, where Jesus accepts his fate. They even had scenes where Zod taunts Clark, before he accepts his role and returns to Metropolis.

Major fuck up cutting out that scene.
>>
>>67867135
I tell you something else I think I see happening in regards to Pa Kent:

When I first saw that scene, I was infuriated at how stupid and pointless a decision it seemed on Jonathon's part, but later in the film, when Martha explains to Clark that Jonathon didn't want Clark to risk it because Jonathon understood that not only was the world not ready for a Superman, but Ckark wasn't ready for the responsibility of *being Superman, I thought, "Eh, OK. Still seems kind of lame."

Now with the addition of the mountaintop scene, it's becoming clearer that Jonathon had a clearer conception than it first appeared of the challenges Clark might someday face. Jonathon knew that should Clark choose to be a hero, just swooping down out of the sky to save the day would only be a part of the equation, the simplest part. Clark still needs to work on his follow-through, as the first scene with Lois aptly demonstrates. Jonathon understood that being a hero also means being willing to face the consequences of your actions, good or bad, and having the wisdom to find the best way forward both for yourself and those around you.

I believe that by showing us the controversial tornado scene, the makers of these films are attempting to bring to the audience the same experience the child of a good, wise parent experiences as they grow into maturity - a dawning grasp of the wisdom of that parent through the filter of time.
>>
So what was the deal with batmans armor? What trick did it have.
>>
>>67864481
this
>>
>>67868791

it protected his puny human body from an angry kryptonian for at least 10-15 minutes, seriously, the only injury Batman suffers in this movie is the stabbing in the warehouse AFTER that fight.
>>
>>67868426
funny, I went through the same revelation after watching it again. It really is a movie that needs to be seen a couple of times and then you just keep on watching because you find those nuances in each viewing.

As much as I like marvel movies, I've never watched one more than 2 times. I'm expecting to wtach BvsS a couple of times. to let it all sink in.
>>
>>67864243
Absolutely this.
>>
>>67864399
Isn't that exactly what you're doing when you say anyone who dislikes your shit movie is from /v/?
>>
File: IMG_20160403_013536.jpg (819 KB, 2400x1827) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_013536.jpg
819 KB, 2400x1827
mos is absolutely kino
>>
>>67863788
Your initial post is a non argument you fucking idiot.
>>
>>67868426
Perhaps. You could argue that the mountaintop scene is just patching something that people didn't like.
Maybe is a good patch.
But maybe it was retarded of you to analyze both scenes.
>>
File: Kek-Adam.png (238 KB, 425x534) Image search: [Google]
Kek-Adam.png
238 KB, 425x534
>>67868426

The thing that gets me about the end of MoS is the dog. Goddamn it, that dog.

Jonathan look at kid Clark playing pretend as if he was a hero and what do we see? Clark is playing the dog. He's acting as a hero and saving the dog from imaginary villains.

That's the thing. Jonathan risked his life to save the family's dog because of Clark. Not only because Clark loved the dog, but because what kind of message he'd be giving his super-son if he left the dog to die just because it is "dog"?
I mean, what if one day Clark's people come back looking for him and he has to choose between us, humans, and them, his people? One would side with his people, right? Anything beneath that is superfluous. like a... dog.
By saving the dog in the face of almost certain death Jonathan showed Clark that every life matter. Even one of a dog or of a human. So by saving the dog he was also saving humanity.
>>
>>67861658

>WAAAAAA MAN OF STEEL IS BAD! BECAUSE SUPERMAN KILLS SOMEONE WAAAA!

Can someone explain this pleb opinion to me? My patrician brain cant even begin to understand it
>>
>>67870274
It's bad because it's capeshit, anon.
>>
File: QizWB9K.gif (486 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
QizWB9K.gif
486 KB, 500x250
first couple of DC movies are dark... then it gets more fun and joyful for marvel fags. judging by their movies with flash and shazam coming out later on.
>>
>>67870334

But Man of Steel is NOT a dark movie.
>>
>>67870417
Thematically and visually, it's dark
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masturbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
>>67870463

Thematically

but that's wrong faggot, the entire movie hits you over the head of Clark living up to a destiny of bringing light to mankind, THEY WILL JOIN YOU IN THE SUN, JOR EL IS PRETTY MUCH LEADING THE CHARGE ON A NEW BEGINNING RATHER THAN THE STAGNATION OF KRYPTON.

And visually dark, when's the last time you watched it? You're talking out of your ass!
>>
>>67861766
I remember most of /tv/ loving this when it came out
>>
>>67870525

Jor-El was wrong, though. Krypton had its chance.
>>
>>67863640
this
>>
>>67870582

>Jor-El was wrong about being right

?!?!?!?
>>
>>67863640
turth
>>
Only /co/ autists like this popcorn flick
>>
>>67870151
I like how this includes phallic and yonic imagery, but people only go DUDE DICKS LMAO
>>
>>67870525
people like to bitch because it isn't oversaturated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMp1MbmYPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxmEMOP1f9s
it looks fucking gross though. This was an actual complaint people had for the film. I remember because my brother says to this day that MoS is unwatchable because of that and Zod dying
>>
>>67870688
Correction: /co/ *fanboys* hate this movie, because "not muh Superman," failing to realize we're front and center to the evolution of the icon.
>>
>>67871016
Capeshit = Trash
It's as simple as that
>>
>>67870688
Close, but it is true /co/ autists love popcorn flicks. Thankfully Marvel keep delivering for them.
>>
>>67870713

>because dicks are so funney!!1

it's a pretty good image btw
>>
>>67871104
No genre is inherently devoid of value. For thousands of years, our myths have shouldered the weight of man pondering the meaning of humanity. Comic book characters are, at their worst, just power fantasies. At their best, they're the spiritual progeny of those same myths and a medium through which that dialogue continues.
>>
>>67870582
Jor-El is an advocate of evolution in lieu of stagnation and the right of a person to choose their own path. From his perspective, Kal embodies the Krypton that was lost long before even Jor himself was born.
>>
>>67871298
It really is.
>>
There's always been something about the death of the Kryptonian outposts that troubled me. I keep thinking that the explanation "cut off from Krypton, they withered and died," just doesn't cut it. As a sci-if geek, I can't see how they'd lack for re-supply by simple virtue of being a space-faring species. They would basically be living post-scarcity at that point, considering we see that apparently Krypton's scientific had stagnated around that same time as well. At least that's how it appeared to me, what with Zod recognizing and being able to use the world engine and all

Anyone able to shed any light on that point?
>>
>>67872070
>Krypton's scientific advancement
>>
>>67870243
That's a pretty good catch, my friend.
>>
>>67870243
Pa Kent out classed Uncle Ben
;-;7
>>
>>67870243
fucking saved.
>>
>>67863738
>only catching the most obvious meaning

>BRAVO AVERAGE VIEWER
>>
>>67863592
>>67863738
it has three meanings. kind of cleaver fampai
>>
>b-b-b-but muh QUIPS

Marveldrones and shills get the fuck out, this thread is for patricians only
>>
File: 1459546576987.png (169 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1459546576987.png
169 KB, 679x864
>>67873128
S-STOP!
>>
>>67873336
GO BACK TO YOUR HOMESITE OF REDDIT, FAGGOT
>>
>>67870555
wut?

/tv/ was hyped as fuck after the trailers but when it came out everyone hated it, i was like the only person who liked this movie until about a couple of months ago.

I don't get how the trailers can be great and you dislike the movie though, I got exactly what I saw in the trailers and I fucking loved it.
>>
>>67873558
More often that not i saw people on this board praising MoS. I mean yeah there was some DUDE DICKS LMAO type of shit
>>
>>67873718
99% of the stuff I've seen about the movie was just people shitting on it, or retards shitting on it because simple shit went over them
>>
>>67873718
>>67873769
People where pretty split when it came out.
>>
>>67873890
Maybe i just have shit memory or blocked out the trolls.
Seems pretty clear that the movie improved with age from posts i see here now. Money says BvS will do that same
>>
>>67868791
Protected him long enough to setup the gas stuff.
>>
>>67873954
Agreed.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.