[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You're a big guy. >For you. Now that the dust has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>You're a big guy.
>For you.
Now that the dust has settled, what did they really mean when they said this?
>>
>four U

>UUUU

>UU UU

>W W

>William Wilson

>William or "Bill"

He was letting CIA know that he knew who he was
>>
>>67861266
He was having a midlife crisis and wanted Bane inside his boipussy.
>>
>it would be extremely painful
>but you're a big guy
>no no no, I mean FOR YOU
>>
File: 1396680961186.jpg (93 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1396680961186.jpg
93 KB, 500x667
what i wonder is how the meaning is affected by the fact that, according to the novelization, Bane is not only a big guy but also a bad guy
>>
File: Banebdjedet.jpg (28 KB, 229x297) Image search: [Google]
Banebdjedet.jpg
28 KB, 229x297
>tfw there's an Egyptian god named BANEbdjedet who has four ram heads, or shall i say four ewes
>>
>>67861266
he meant that you look like a tough enough guy to be able to handle the pain (re: bane saying "it would be extremely painful")
>>
He meant his dick.
>>
He was saying that if he took off his mask, it wouldn't hurt Bane as much as it would hurt CIA. As in he would beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>67861266
>the dust has settled

>implying this dust will ever settle
>>
>>67861584
Holy shit, that is some truly awful writing.
>>
File: 1454448840894.jpg (108 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
1454448840894.jpg
108 KB, 540x562
>>67861758
>missing the point entirely
>>
>>67861792
>fire rises
>dust settles

pottery
>>
File: 1453538635269.jpg (61 KB, 859x492) Image search: [Google]
1453538635269.jpg
61 KB, 859x492
He was expressing his profound love of big guys, Bane being the biggest. As soon as Bill's small guy eyes caught sight of Bane's erect cock pulsing and throbbing CIA knew he had to have it. He appealed to Bane the only way he knew how, "You're a big guy" and as Bane replied "For you" Bill knew he was in for the night of his life, had it not been cut short by his plane crashing with no survivors.
>>
Anyone else here sympathized greatly with Bane? People tend to side with CIA but i think that CIA in many ways is ahead of Bane (yes i know about CIAs struggle, his overindentification with his job due to lack of confidence, the overbearing father figure which imposes itself on him through the superego (see ''you don't get to bring friends'')) but he is past the stage of Bane, who identifies with a constructed persona and is in denial of himself.

''Nobody cares who i was until i put on the mask''

Bane shows grief or anger, becase nobody acknowledged his existance until he put on the persona of the antagonistic bane, but even though he knows he has constructed this persona to get accepted by others, he is unable to untie himself from it and fully realize what lies beneath the mask, this is implied stronger in the following lines

CIA:''If i pull that of will you die?''
Bane:''It would be extremely painful''

CIA here takes the right approach. Is this persona of yours, this ''Mask'', which you wear for others really needed for your survival? Can you not live without it? Bane says that it would be an incredibly painful existence if his mask were to be pulled off, as he fears to be in isolation again, unacknowledged by anyone, living an, to him, worthless life. Yet he can not say:''Yes i would die'', no, it would just be painful.

Here come the truly tragic lines from Bane, i still get shivers at the profoundity of Nolans writing. It's simple, straight to the point, yet carries so much meaning.

''You're a big guy''
''For you''
>>
>>67862586
CIA wants to give Bane this acknowledgement that he craves, he tells him that he's a big guy, and not a small guy. Is this not what Bane wanted after all? CIA has clearly seen through Banes persona, he sees through Banes mask, and nonetheless he says that he's a big guy. But the tragedy is not that nobody acknowledges Bane, but that Banes self-hatred is so deep and, indeed, big, that he can not acknowledge, not accept any acknowledgement from others. It's a pit that many people suffering from depression know. They feel they deserve to be hated and detested, and that everyone must detest them. This often happens due to negative experiences at school or in Banes case in the Prison of Pena Duro, where his inmates mocked him with the name Bane (the cursed). As a defense mechanism Bane has distanced himself from anyone else, he craves their acceptance but is unable to receive it, due to fear of being hurt. Thus he utters:''For you''. I am a big guy for you CIA, but i am not a big guy for myself.
>>
>>67861266
you guys shouldn't be allowed to post about this topic since /v/ had the bill wilson get
>>
File: cia no thanks.jpg (60 KB, 1018x518) Image search: [Google]
cia no thanks.jpg
60 KB, 1018x518
>>67861584

>Was being caught part of your plan
>Not getting one of the most iconic lines in the whole scene right
>>
File: TOMHARDYCONFRISMFORYOU.jpg (302 KB, 1440x1585) Image search: [Google]
TOMHARDYCONFRISMFORYOU.jpg
302 KB, 1440x1585
Tom Hardy confirmed this ages ago.
>>
>>67861987
DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

LORE
O
R
E
>>
File: BtpsvUDIYAEGNWb.jpg (13 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
BtpsvUDIYAEGNWb.jpg
13 KB, 249x386
>>67861266
Assigning each letter an ordinal number from alphabetics in the statements "Big guy" and "For you", and coming up with the spearman correlation for them results in the correlation of .662. It's not a significant correlation, but there certainly is something going on here
>>
>>67862632
I thought he meant his "For you" in the sense that he knows that CIA recognizes his bigness without the mask, but nobody else would. The world would still ignore his existence and his mark would be lost, especially considering that CIA would soon be dead and Bane would be left back where he started, but having "loved and lost" so to speak -- killing one of the few people that recognized his vulnerability and wanted to help.
>>
File: image_48.jpg (230 KB, 871x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_48.jpg
230 KB, 871x1200
>>67863228
>CIA
>dead
do you even follow baneposting canon?
>>
File: 1458468580423.jpg (75 KB, 515x314) Image search: [Google]
1458468580423.jpg
75 KB, 515x314
MAUGHAHHHHH the FRIENDSand BANE has always been celebrated forits BIGness. there is an Usbekistani fliiightplaaan by Bill Wilsón. Inspiiiiiiired. by that same masked mercenaRY. itscalledinfromtheplaneandlikethebestflighplans it includes me, my men, doctor pavel, but onl-

>uh, sir
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.