[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to his career? He used to be a fucking juggernaut.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Will-Smith-MIS-000032-big.jpg (650 KB, 2500x3521) Image search: [Google]
Will-Smith-MIS-000032-big.jpg
650 KB, 2500x3521
What happened to his career?

He used to be a fucking juggernaut.
>>
>>67860228
Scientology, nepotism, and ditching his "Fresh Prince" persona in favour of doing heavy dramas.
>>
>>67860228

He used to not be a fucking tool either.

I will say people overplay how much he's supposedly "pushing" Jaden on audiences though, we haven't seen that little faggot in anything for 5 years, and it's because of After Earth he decided not to do ID4 Part Deux since the plot they wanted was too similar, not to mention how much of a blessing it is to the writers since that way there's more of an equal allotment of characterization for the cast.

Still shitty how they wrote him out but whatever.
>>
>My son has to be in the movie
dropped
>>
>>67860228
Forcing his son into everyones face was a turn off
>>
nowadays he's spending more time "raising" other actors than doing stuff himself.

He can star in a movie any time he wants, he just doesn't care to do it right now.
>>
Scientology is a hell of a drug
>>
>>67860362
This desu, stopped hearing about him shortly after he did After Earth
>>
>>67860228
scientology
>>
His wife's son going full retard on multiple occasions, gives him bad rep aswell.
>>
>>67860459
>He can star in a movie any time he wants, he just doesn't care to do it right now.

He's playing Deadshot in Suicide Squad for some reason.
>>
>>67860334
>>67860474
>>67860548

>people citing scientology never mind Cruise is a scientologist but enjoys incredible success and makes lots of fun movies instead of opting for tryhard shit

Maybe will is just a fucking idiot? And before anyone says different, even at the height of Tom's loony bin antics he still made bank, War of the Worlds is the biggest indicator.
>>
>>67860633

Cruise was the exception that proves the rule 2bh.
>>
>>67860629
he probably wants to do some action after a decade of drama

hell, his last "action" movie was what, Hancock?
>>
>>67860746

Men in Black 3, he was terrible in it, Jemaine and Brolin carried that POS on their backs.
>>
Scientology is a hell of a drug.

Also, forcing people to give your loser son a job all the time certainly wouldn't help.
>>
>>67860629

Don't know why, last time I checked Deadshot was some white guy. Not that Deadshot's race has anything to do with the character but there would be uproar if they cast a white actor to play Cyborg or another black superhero/villain.
>>
>>67860797
oh yeah, forgot about that.

Still amazed that Jemaine was the villain on that
>>
>>67860633
I really liked the tripod design in that movie. Don't know why people don't like the movie itself so much.
>>
>>67860629
Probably because Margot Robbie and him are best pals
>>
Maybe he's just chilling out - it's not like he's short on cash these days.
>>
File: 1452232716893.jpg (34 KB, 480x439) Image search: [Google]
1452232716893.jpg
34 KB, 480x439
he used to be Will Smith, not the name but the face

when you heard Will Smith you didn't think of a man with the first name Will and last name Smith, but you thought of his face

then he became Will Smith, the name

you think of a man whose first name is Will and last name is Smith
>>
>>67860633
>Fun
>>
>>67860345
>Mysteriously disappeared during a test flight in an alien warcraft and was presumed dead

Bro, they're laying the groundwork for him to return in a sequel if Big Willy ever changes his mind.
>>
>>67861118
I thought he crashed
>>
He and his family are closet Scientologists.
>>
>>67861106
this was probably hard for you to conjure
>>
HOL UP
>>
>>67860228
I get the impression that once you star in enough movies that make shit-tons of money, you can sort of stop working and live off that money. He hasn't done this btw. He was just in a big movie like last year.
>>
>>67860685

Cruise got big before anyone really knew what scientology was, same with Travolta, by the time the genie was out of the bottle they were big stars that could make dependable bank on films of their genre. They're just viewed as kooks by the public and are allowed to make the ocasional floppy film. Smith became a Scientologist a bit later when people were more aware what that meant and on top of that blotted his copybook with execs by shoehorning his son into everything (they wouldn't have minded if his son had been as popular as his dad, but he wasn't).

The other problem Smith has is that he is typecast himself as a young jive-talking cool black man and it becomes increasingly dificult to convincingly pull off playing a young jive-talking cool black man once you're past 30. Afterall how many films do you see Eddy Murphy in these days?
>>
>>67861111

>non-argument
>>
>>67861296
If you star in one big movie (provided you have a good contract) you can live an upper middle class lifestyle for the rest of your life, even somewhere like California. For example, Kristen Stewart who has been the star of several blockbusters could easily sustain her 1% of the 1% lifestyle for the rest of her life provided she has a good wealth manager and doesn't become a crackhead.
>>
>>67860854

>Not that Deadshot's race has anything to do with the character but there would be uproar if they cast a white actor to play Cyborg or another black superhero/villain.

What's funny is Deadshot's background is he's from old white people money and was a curly mustasche gentleman thief before he became an emo mercenary, meanwhile Cyborg's origin is like the most basic one imaginable that could have happened to ANYONE, high school student nearly dies in accident and their scientist father saves their life by rebuilding them as a cyborg, none of that is dependent on him being black.
>>
>>67860228
they outmemed him desu. i remember how quickly his career died right after the meme of him apparently making 10 movies in a row to gross over $100m. That was it, suddenly nobody cared anymore.

also his son is a fucking faggot but he doesn't realise that and thinks everybody wants to see him. thats fatherly love for you i guess. maybe his career would still be going if he didnt do trash like after earth or whatever dafuq
>>
Black people always end up doing stupid things like going bankrupt, or saying retarded things towards the end of their careers.
>>
>>67860345
>and it's because of After Earth he decided not to do ID4 Part Deux
actually it was because he wanted his son to get a part in it. the producers decided to skip him altogether
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.