[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why there is no POV for the common people? I'd like to know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21
File: Game-of-Thrones.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Game-of-Thrones.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
Why there is no POV for the common people? I'd like to know what they think about the events.
>>
I'd like to know what a pleb thinks when he watches this piece of shit.
>>
The literal, actual game of thrones that the lords "play" doesn't matter to the common man. As long as the summers are long and the harvest plentiful, they don't give a fuck what game the high lords play.
>>
>>67859296
Its a very amazing take on the fantasy genre. It seems like the commoners will listen to their bannermen and lords. This mimics the whole fantasy ideal that most fantasies are about people born into the right way of life, like the Wizards in HP or the fact that Aragorn is a heir to Gondor thing. Its a trope that will probably not be around forever, so its nice to enjoy while it lasts
>>
>>67859296
nobody cares about the plebians of westeros.
>>
>>67859296
>PoV
so you mean, in the books? there's no commoners PoV but there's a lot of scenes where they tell how they feel/what they think about it.

having realistic commoners wouldn't be that great, I mean it's not like they think about the situation 24/7. Most of their time would be spent thinking about "will they get a last harvest before winter?" and "I'm so sad that my daughter was raped but I couldn't do anything against these knights".

Given how people hated the "Jon snow makes an inventory of his food storage" chapters and how lots of people think Sansa's thoughts are boring as fuck...
I don't think they'd enjoy this.
>>
>>67859296
I look down on the plebeians that actually watch this culturally destitute "programme". These dullards will never experience high art and are constrained to this facile "television entertainment"
>>
>>67859296
I bet you're the kind of person who skimmed AFFC - especially Brienne's chapters - because they were "too boring." You should be able to infer the common folk's attitude toward the events just by reading the books.

Also, and this is probably giving GRRM too much credit, the fact that there is no POV from any common person should tell you that they don't give a shit about the story. Indeed, they probably care so little that their POV would be boring and depressing. Imagine if someone wrote a POV chapter of your day-to-day.
>>
>>67860664
> especially Brienne's chapters

everyone talks about how stannis was butchered and lf was butchered and all that, but to be honest the worst adapted storyline was Brienne's.

50% of the time she does nothing at all, 25% of the time she teleports across westeros, and 25% of the time she just beat the shit out of everyone like she's Wonderwoman or some shit.

This is D&D vision of a good storyline.

And the worst thing is that people (at least some people, which I assume are of the 300lbs female variety) love it.

Was reading comments on some GoT website the other day and people were like "I'm find if Brienne doesn't do anything but beat people up in S6" and shit like that.

Retards like these are why most television shows are so bad, and that even on good shows, a lot of the scenes are bad.

-

And yeah, if you read the books and don't know what commoners think you haven't been paying attention. Put Brienne's chapters together with Arya's chapters and a few other bits here and there and you have pages over pages of commoner's "PoV's".
>>
>>67860955
Your grammar is fucking terrible.
>>
>>67861037
I know, I was rereading my post and I was ashamed. English isn't my first language if it's any excuse.
>>
>>67860955
Funny thing is, she fights to kill only twice in the entire series, including past lore/flashbacks. Two fights in her entire life. I don't know how the showrunners got the idea that she was a big time fighter who does nothing but fight like she's Gregor Clegane.
>>
>>67859296
Brienne's AFFC chapters are essentially this.
>>
>>67859296
Showfags don't actually care about consequences or paltry things like logic. They just want to see epic shit happen like killing a major character every year.
>>
>>67859296
Whatever happened to Gendry? He was an interesting character in that he was essentially a peasant but was also unknowingly the rightful heir to the throne. I feel like he could provide the perspective the OP is looking for.
>>
>>67861430
I'm not sure what's funnier. How quickly /tv/ has turned on GoT or the fact that book readers somehow think they're better than everyone who hasn't read them.
>>
>>67861552
When faced with having to row a boat hundreds of nautical miles and only a few days worth of food...what do you think happened?
>>
>>67861552
>but was also unknowingly the rightful heir to the throne
and unlegitimized base born is not the rightful heir to anything outside of his own shits.
>>
“Ser? My lady?” said Podrick. “Is a broken man an outlaw?”
“More or less,” Brienne answered.
Septon Meribald disagreed. “More less than more. There are many sorts of outlaws, just as there are many sorts of birds. A sandpiper and a sea eagle both have wings, but they are not the same. The singers love to sing of good men forced to go outside the law to fight some wicked lord, but most outlaws are more like this ravening Hound than they are the lightning lord. They are evil men, driven by greed, soured by malice, despising the gods and caring only for themselves. Broken men are more deserving of our pity, though they may be just as dangerous. Almost all are common-born, simple folk who had never been more than a mile from the house where they were born until the day some lord came round to take them off to war. Poorly shod and poorly clad, they march away beneath his banners, ofttimes with no better arms than a sickle or a sharpened hoe, or a maul they made themselves by lashing a stone to a stick with strips of hide. Brothers march with brothers, sons with fathers, friends with friends. They’ve heard the songs and stories, so they go off with eager hearts, dreaming of the wonders they will see, of the wealth and glory they will win. War seems a fine adventure, the greatest most of them will ever know.
“Then they get a taste of battle.
“For some, that one taste is enough to break them. Others go on for years, until they lose count of all the battles they have fought in, but even a man who has survived a hundred fights can break in his hundred-and-first. Brothers watch their brothers die, fathers lose their sons, friends see their friends trying to hold their entrails in after they’ve been gutted by an axe.
“They see the lord who led them there cut down, and some other lord shouts that they are his now.
>>
>>67859296
It's a show for middle-class students, OP. They don't care about people who actually work for a living
>>
File: 1292998708487068776.jpg (39 KB, 640x398) Image search: [Google]
1292998708487068776.jpg
39 KB, 640x398
>>67861552
>>
>>67861244
Does any POV with the exception of Jon Snu fight more than that though?
>>
>>67861929

They take a wound, and when that’s still half-healed they take another. There is never enough to eat, their shoes fall to pieces from the marching, their clothes are torn and rotting, and half of them are shitting in their breeches from drinking bad water.
“If they want new boots or a warmer cloak or maybe a rusted iron halfhelm, they need to take them from a corpse, and before long they are stealing from the living too, from the smallfolk whose lands they’re fighting in, men very like the men they used to be. They slaughter their sheep and steal their chickens, and from there it’s just a short step to carrying off their daughters too. And one day they look around and realize all their friends and kin are gone, that they are fighting beside strangers beneath a banner that they hardly recognize. They don’t know where they are or how to get back home and the lord they’re fighting for does not know their names, yet here he comes, shouting for them to form up, to make a line with their spears and scythes and sharpened hoes, to stand their ground. And the knights come down on them, faceless men clad all in steel, and the iron thunder of their charge seems to fill the world…
“And the man breaks.
“He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them…but he should pity them as well.”
>>
>>67862040

When Meribald was finished a profound silence fell upon their little band. Brienne could hear the wind rustling through a clump of pussywillows, and farther off the faint cry of a loon. She could hear Dog panting softly as he loped along beside the septon and his donkey, tongue lolling from his mouth. The quiet stretched and stretched, until finally she said, “How old were you when they marched you off to war?”
“Why, no older than your boy,” Meribald replied. “Too young for such, in truth, but my brothers were all going, and I would not be left behind. Willam said I could be his squire, though Will was no knight, only a potboy armed with a kitchen knife he’d stolen from the inn. He died upon the Stepstones, and never struck a blow. It was fever did for him, and for my brother Robin. Owen died from a mace that split his head apart, and his friend Jon Pox was hanged for rape.”
“The War of the Ninepenny Kings?” asked Hyle Hunt.
“So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was.”
>>
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjZHxEZnmE

why are Brienne's chapters so beautiful
>>
>>67861866
people don't really get how succession works.

Just like Jontards who think Jon is the heir because R+L bullshit.

Even if they fucked and even if they had jon and even if they were married even if every single thing is 'best case scenario'....

Jon is still just the grandson of a former dynasty. He is "heir" in the same way that Jaime is the King of the Westerlands, i.e. not at all.
>>
>>67861668
/Tv/ turned on GoT because the writing is trash and has been for 2 seasons. Also is he wrong ?all my show only friends care about is who will die next and the battles.
>>
>>67861668
>book readers somehow think they're better than everyone who hasn't read them.

Kek, this. Anyone who's proud of themselves for reading these books is confirmed for having shit tastes in literature.
>>
>>67862009
And I count four fights: the one in the tent when Renly dies, the one where Cleos Frey dies and she and Jaime fight, the one in the Whispers and the one at the inn on the crossroads
>>
game of thrones?

more like

gay of thrones
>>
>>67862009
Tyrion fights 3 times :^)
>>
They are too uninformed, distant from the other characters and probably worry more about their day-to-day problems, like the thousands of outlaws plundering Westeros.
>>
>>67862040
Loved that part. Thanks anon.
>>
>>67862076
>cutting right before the ending
why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYzEkZ_hdgc
>>
>>67859759
Except much of the land has been scorched and many commoners sent off to fight
>>
File: game-of-thrones-season-6-poster.jpg (200 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-season-6-poster.jpg
200 KB, 600x450
"Talking Thrones"?

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016/04/04/hbo-and-bill-simmons-team-up-for-after-the-thrones-weekly-show-exploring-hit-hbo-series-game-of-thrones-debuting-this-month-407312/20160404hbo01/
04/04/16

HBO and Bill Simmons Team Up for "After the Thrones," Weekly Show Exploring Hit HBO Series "Game of Thrones," Debuting This Month
Each weekly edition will be available on Mondays on HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand, as well as other affiliate portals. [via press release from HBO]

HBO and Bill Simmons Team Up for "After the Thrones," Weekly Show Exploring Hit HBO Series "Game of Thrones," Debuting This Month

HBO AND BILL SIMMONS TEAM UP FOR "AFTER THE THRONES," WEEKLY SHOW EXPLORING HIT HBO SERIES "GAME OF THRONES," DEBUTING THIS MONTH

AFTER THE THRONES, a weekly show that takes a lively, humorous and sophisticated look at the hit HBO series "Game of Thrones," will debut this month. The first show to spring from HBO's new partnership with Bill Simmons, AFTER THE THRONES will be hosted by Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan from The Ringer, Simmons' new content site.

Beginning with the season premiere of "Game of Thrones" on April 24, each weekly edition of AFTER THE THRONES will be available on Mondays on HBO NOW, HBO GO and HBO On Demand, as well as other affiliate portals. Playdates on the main HBO channel will be announced as they are confirmed.

Each week, AFTER THE THRONES will recap the latest episode, explaining the who, what, when and where, exploring the complicated politics and history of "Thrones," and offering absurd and not-so-absurd theories about future episodes. Greenwald and Ryan will discuss the show as only they can.
>>
>>67862111
She was fighting to kill with jamie though
>>
>>67861730
>hundreds of nautical miles
Dragonstone is much closer to the mainland than that.
>>
>>67859296
>Who is Septon Meribald
>>
>>67862432
Pathetic. AMC tier trash.
>>
File: Septon Meribald.jpg (33 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
Septon Meribald.jpg
33 KB, 533x800
>>67859296
>Why there is no POV for the common people?

Septon Meribald was the Common Man's POV character, though the shitty tv series dropped all that as they only care about insuring T&A and a "shocking moment" in each episode...
>>
>>67859759
Wasn't the High Sparrow bullshit somewhat about plebian discontent?
>>
>>67859903
>Implying poor people have ever mattered in history
>Even revolts are orchestrated by members of the upper class using the impoverished as fodder
>>
File: Divergent.png (3 MB, 2054x1037) Image search: [Google]
Divergent.png
3 MB, 2054x1037
This is a thread for all Divergent-related discussions.
>>
File: Crownlands.jpg (171 KB, 620x573) Image search: [Google]
Crownlands.jpg
171 KB, 620x573
>>67862564
>Dragonstone is much closer to the mainland than that.

No, it's way the fuck out there, much further then a guy in a rowboat can go.

Westeros isn't an island, it's a continent and much bigger then it seems.
>>
>>67862678
>AMC tier trash.

GoT is HBO's Walking Dead; a shitty marketing dept. driven tv show that still manages to bring in the numbers no matter how bad it is.
>>
Davos, Brienne in AFFC, and Arya chapters all show the plight of the smallfolk, something D&D don't really put in because they're plebs who want to focus on how the sparrows are homophobic in the show whereas in the books they're a grassroots smallfolk reaction to the reckless warring of the nobility.
>>
>>67862690
Septon isn't dropped
>>
>>67862081
Somewhat true, if everything was best case scenario he'd have a legitimate claim to the throne. Robert didn't just say fuck it we kings now, he actually proved that he had a claim to the throne (look up orys baratheon). But you're still right in that having said all that, Dany still has a stronger claim under Targaryan custom.
>>
>>67859903
(Book) Westerosi society is pretty realistic take on fantasy and similar to how feudalism in the middle ages worked. There have been peasant revolts before, but overall the feudal system is unquestioned by all involved at this point in history.

The only part of Westeros that GRRM underestimates in his setting is the power of religion, the Old Gods vs. New Gods vs. Drowned God would cause a lot more fighting in Westeros if it was IRL.
>>
>>67862678
GOT's writing is just as bad as the walking dead, there was a time when it wasn't' but D&D insisted on making their own story

I'd argue that the Jaime-in-Dorne arc was worse than anything on TWD, even Season 2. It was one of the worst written and nonsensical things I've ever seen on television, and amazingly enough it ultimately makes itself irrelevant at the very end of it all, making the whole affair pointless.
>>
>>67862942
>much further than a guy in a rowboat can go
That's definitely wrong, you'd for sure be able to get to westeros in a rowboat, especially with a few days of food. No question about that, people swim the english channel dude.
>>
>>67863085
Why would you assume this? In the slow conversion from paganism to Christianity of Europe, I don't think it was a particularly violent transition actually.
>>
File: Game_of_Chairs_Sesame_Street.jpg (382 KB, 812x522) Image search: [Google]
Game_of_Chairs_Sesame_Street.jpg
382 KB, 812x522
>>67863062
>if everything was best case scenario he'd [Jon Snow] have a legitimate claim to the throne.

Assuming everybody is alive and all bastards are recognized and legitimized;

1. King - Aerys Targaryen
2. Son of the king - Rhaegar Targaryen
3. Grandson of the king - Aegon Targaryen
4. Second grandson of the king - Jon Snow
5. Second son of the king - Viserys Targaryen
6. Third grandson of the of the king - Rhaego Drogoson
7. Granddaughter of the king - Rhaenys Targaryen
8. Daughter of the king - Daenerys Targaryen
9. Grandson of the king's aunt - Robert Baratheon
10. Son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Gendry Waters
11. Second son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Edric Storm
12. Second grandson of the king's aunt - Stannis Baratheon
13. Third grandson of the king's aunt - Renly Baratheon
14. Daughter of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Mya Stone
15. Daughter of the second son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Shireen Baratheon
>>
>>67862942
D&D think Westeros is the size of the city of Manchester. Everyone seems to know everything instantly and traveling from one side to the other takes a few days at most.

It's also much more heavily populated, Book-Westeros is noted by the supremacy of the wild/forest over civilization (something that was the case in 6th-10th century medieval europe) and can go weeks of traveling without encountering a single soul. Ruins of past settlements that simply died out litter the landscape, and even the five "cities" are more like moderately populated towns save King's Landing and Oldtown.

D&D's westeros seems to have major settlements everywhere, all within eyesight to important plot locations.
>>
>>67863224
It's two established faiths backed by powerful factions, Christianity had the benefit of being spread thanks to the conversion of an entire empire. There's no way something like the Manderly's (who practice the New Gods) existing in the middle of the North without any trouble could take place. A medieval society could not function with multiple powerful religious factions especially within a confederated system of rule. Combine religion + weak central rule and you get a Thirty Years War.
>>
File: 1380577043496.jpg (851 KB, 2130x3153) Image search: [Google]
1380577043496.jpg
851 KB, 2130x3153
>>67863176
>the english channel

The English Channel is only 20 miles wide between Dover and Calais.

You’re still seeing Westeros as a direct analog for the British Isles (120,000 square miles) when it’s approximately the size of South America (6,890,000 sq miles).
>>
>>67863409
GRRM said Westeros is the size of South America. Dragonstone to the mainland is probably like the falklands to Argentina, a small sailboat with supplies (which is how you travel there in the books) could do it but not a rowboat.
>>
>>67863232
you got that the wrong way around...

Robert is (was) the ruling monarch.
It'd go robert/gendry/edric/stannis etc..etc.. THEN the Targaryen (who, despite being overthrown, are still on Robert's succession).
>>
>>67859296
That's what Jaime is supposed to be when he goes to the Riverlands. I think they're going to put something like that in this season probably, but who knows at this point after Dorne last season.
>>
>>67863589
wikifag, please stop. Jaime doesn't deal with filthy commoners. Brienne does.
>>
>>67863453
Malvinas is much further off the coast than dragonstone
>>
File: The-Polish-Muslims.jpg (26 KB, 369x277) Image search: [Google]
The-Polish-Muslims.jpg
26 KB, 369x277
>>67863338

> It's two established faiths backed by powerful factions, Christianity had the benefit of being spread thanks to the conversion of an entire empire.

Christianity (like Islam) was a postalizing faith that was actively looking for converts (at the point of a sword if necessary) while the Faith of the Seven doesn’t seem to be, though they will happily take in converts if one choses to do so.

> There's no way something like the Manderly's (who practice the New Gods) existing in the middle of the North without any trouble could take place.

The Targaryens and their dragons insured there would be no religious trouble in Westeros.

> A medieval society could not function with multiple powerful religious factions especially within a confederated system of rule.

Sure it could, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth had people of all faiths peacefully living within its borders, there were even Jewish and Muslim members of in the nobility and Muslim Tatars fought alongside the Poles at the Battle of Grunwald in 1410 A.D.

"...we will keep the peace between ourselves, and we will not,
for the sake of our various faith and difference of church,
either shed blood or confiscate property, deny favor, imprison
or banish, and that furthermore we will not aid or abet any
power or office which strives to this in any way whatsoever..."

— The Confederation of Warsaw in 1573 —
>>
>>67863409
>>67863453
Hm, fair enough. I still assume he made it to the mainland, as Davos obviously has extensive knowledge when it comes to discreet moving by boat, I don't think he'd send him to his death.

>>67863232
Is that in order of succession to the throne? or just a list? I'm pretty sure under Tragaryen/ Valyrian custom Dany has just as much right as Rhaegar or Viserys would have
>>
>>67863744
not that guy, but Jaime still see a bit of it, tho not as much as Brienne.

Pia, for instance.
>>
Guys, I'm watching S01E01 again for the first time in years.

Why can't we have nice things anymore? :(
>>
>>67863239
>traveling from one side to the other takes a few days at most

What the fuck do you want, full episodes dedicated to characters traveling from one settlement to the next?
>>
>>67861135
Get out of America
>>
>>67864058
This
>>
File: 665850.png (2 MB, 1500x1050) Image search: [Google]
665850.png
2 MB, 1500x1050
>>67863559
>It'd go robert/gendry/edric/stannis etc..etc.. THEN the Targaryen

Seeing as Robert almost wiped out the Targaryens in a bloody coup, they're completely out of the picture unless they can overthrow the current regime and put themselves back on the Iron Throne.
>>
>>67859353
They're drunk watching it to have something to converse about later or during.
>>
>>67861135
its alright senpai
>>
>>67864115
Yea
>>
So what brought back the magic?
>>
Succession question :

If everyone is legitimized (including non-legits) and Stannis gets a pardon to get back in line... what's the order of succession between Myrcella, Edric, and Stannis after Tommen, assuming enough people die?
>>
>>67864065
>Is that in order of succession to the throne?

Yes, if everyone was alive, recognized, legitimized and not trying to kill each other.
>>
>>67864294
Edric then Stannis
>>
>>67862187
I wonder if GRRM regrets that.
In a story trying so hard to have authentic characters and all that... The fucking midget who can't walk 10 feets without complaining about his cramping legs, and he fought 3 battles, not just without dying, but also defeating knights and shit.

Making Tyrion fight is worse than D&D's decision to send crippled-Jaime to fight in Dorne desu
>>
>>67864300
It's the old order, it changed when Robert sat the throne
>>
>>67862006
lel
>>
File: House Baratheon.jpg (1 MB, 5289x3231) Image search: [Google]
House Baratheon.jpg
1 MB, 5289x3231
>>67864294
>what's the order of succession between Myrcella, Edric, and Stannis after Tommen

Myrcella is an child of incest and legally out of the running, so it would be;

Gendry > Edric > Stannis > Mya > Shireen
>>
>>67860664
>the more he drank, the more he shatposted
>>
>>67862006
>Next season : They're bringing back Osha and Rickon to get rid of them, Balon just so he dies and introduce Euron, Asha to be a dyke, Bran and Hodor to be boring and Hodor around.
>>
>>67864287
your moms big fat ass
>>
>>67859296
"Wow, I sure do hope I don't get raped, and burned alive today" - commoner pov at basically all times
>>
>>67864484
>implying Bran's storyline won't turn into the most interesting plot of the entire show
>>
>>67864355
>bastard king
>>
>>67864382
GRRM has said in the past he wishes he could make Tyrion a little less OP, and it really shows after the first book.
>>
>>67864382
Tyrion does nothing in battle , and his weappon and armor is way better than others
>>
>>67864609
He said if they were legitimised you cunt
>>
>>67864524
and now that the war is over'ish (until Aegon/Daenerys gets bigger) it's "Wow, I sure do hope I can get one last harvest to have food for the winter, after the raiders stole/burned everything, so I don't fucking starve to death along with all my family".

Commoners don't give a fuck who wins the wars, they only want the wars to end. Their lives are hard and unrewarding enough without all the shit wars bring upon their heads. They don't care who rules, so long as it's uncontested and peaceful, so they can just do their things.

The books relay that quite well, from many PoV's. You don't need the thoughts of the peasants, they explain/show it just fine.
>>
>>67864652
a legit bastard is last. Below stannis or shireen even.
>>
>>67859296
Who is Davos Seaworth for $500 Alex
>>
>>67864115
Indicate time passes
>>
>>67864680
Um, no. That's the entire point of legitimization.
>>
File: aegon.png (77 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
aegon.png
77 KB, 320x320
>>67864065
>I'm pretty sure under Tragaryen/ Valyrian custom Dany has just as much right as Rhaegar or Viserys would have

No, Targaryen girls are out of the succession unless there are no direct line male Targaryens left.

Legally, Daenerys should step down and let her nephew Aegon assume the Iron Throne.
>>
>>67864629
>and his weappon and armor is way better than others

I've seen this argument so many times...
I have next to zero experience in fighting but I'm pretty sure that with just a baseball bat and normal clothes, I could beat any dwarf on the planet, even armored&armed.

Reach means a lot in battle. And I'm talking normal battles, like, someone having a 4 inches reach advantage over his opponent because he's taller, that's HUGE.

Against a dwarf? No armor will make up for a 2 feets handicap.
>>
>>67864752
last ditch effort. It's been discussed numerous times in the series. Don't talk about things you don't understand.
>>
>>67864523
Whew lad, on top of your game today, ain't you?
>>
>>67864409
>It's the old order, it changed when Robert sat the throne

No shit, as I said; "if everyone was alive, recognized, legitimized and not trying to kill each other."
>>
>>67864738
>wow that sure was a long two months travelling pod
>>
>>67864781
Wich battle tyrion do something but that battle his riding ?
>>
>>67864790
>last ditch effort
Show me evidence that supports this if they talk about ti so much, so we can have an actual discussion.
>>
>>67864287
probably the comet, the real question is why/how?

people in the story seem to assume it's the dragons... but the dragons probably come from the comet as well.
>>
>>67864755
Fair, I guess I was mixing Valyrian custom with Dornish custom
>>
>>67864815
Well if every one was alive aegon I is top of the list
>>
>>67864855
Try reading any of the books, dumb cunt. Don't respond to me again, you're finished.
>>
>>67864815
What's the point of such a list when those circumstances are so far from the "reality".
>>
>>67862006
who is the one on the middle beside gendry and beric
>>
File: 1334279419142.jpg (142 KB, 1063x1080) Image search: [Google]
1334279419142.jpg
142 KB, 1063x1080
>>67864680
>a legit bastard is last. Below stannis or shireen even.

No, there's a difference between only being recognized bastard (like Edric Storm and Mya Stone) and being a legitimized bastard, like Ramsay (ex-Snow) Bolton.
>>
File: DWARF-BODYBUILDER.jpg (64 KB, 570x419) Image search: [Google]
DWARF-BODYBUILDER.jpg
64 KB, 570x419
>>67864846
>Wich battle tyrion do something but that battle his riding ?

During the Battle of the Blackwater, Tyrion was kicking all kinda ass despite being a midget, which is pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>67864970
If fat walda had fat babies they would be lord before ramsay. Why you ask? Because Ramsay is a bastard. Roose mentions his concerns over Ramsay killing any potential heirs.

Even when legitimized bastards are still fucking bastards. No one likes them, no one wants them and they are only made legitimate as a last fucking ditch goddamn trump card you stupid mother fucker READ THE GODDAMN BOOKS YOU HALFWIT JAPE ARTIST
>>
>>67865096
I dont remember this
>>
>>67865173
oh, that's fine you didn't read it, so you wouldn't know.
>>
File: 2015-09-08 14.36.42.jpg (36 KB, 621x691) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-08 14.36.42.jpg
36 KB, 621x691
I'm kinda hoping GRRM dies. This fat fucking Baby Boomer who had to so fucking easy has been dragging ass for over twenty years on a series he just now decides to rewrite. So we all know he's not going to finish. He wants all his notes burnt when he croaks, but he's in a loveless marriage and the publishers have a runaway hit on their hands since illiterates know about the series. GRRM kicks the bucket, and the series will be finished in record time. As long as D&D aren't allowed within 500 miles of the project.
>>
>>67865173
He takes part in a charge at the gate and kills 2 dudes coming off boats. The soldiers being weighed down in armor in the water is used as justification.
>>
>>67859296
Because

>The common people pray for rain, health, and a summer that never ends. They don't care what games the high lords play.
>―Ser Jorah Mormont
>>
File: Iron (fiberglass) Throne.png (127 KB, 300x326) Image search: [Google]
Iron (fiberglass) Throne.png
127 KB, 300x326
>>67864917
>Well if every one was alive aegon I is top of the list

Correct, of those who are alive at this point in the books, the succession would go;

1. Grandson of the king - Aegon Targaryen
2. Second grandson of the king - Jon Snow
3. Daughter of the king - Daenerys Targaryen
4. Son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Gendry Waters
5. Second son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Edric Storm
6. Second grandson of the king's aunt - Stannis Baratheon
7. Daughter of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Mya Stone
8. Daughter of the second son of the grandson of the king’s aunt - Shireen Baratheon

>>67864929
>What's the point of such a list when those circumstances are so far from the "reality".

Simply for the sake of discussion so that everybody is on the same page.
>>
>>67865134
>If fat walda had fat babies they would be lord before ramsay
Except they LEGALLY wouldn't, since the King is the one who legitimized the bastard, they should in theory be the ones who are supposed to be next in line.
I agree that most of the other lords/knights wouldn't follow a bastard over a trueborn heir, (see Blackfyre rebellions) but in a strictly technical sense the bastard would have a better claim.
>>
>>67865231
>i want a man to die because he doesn't do something fast enough for my tastes

pathetic.
>>
>>67865307
Aegon is not Roberts grandson nor Joffrey or tommens

Aerys is irrelevant he was killed and Robert ruled for 17 years
>>
>>67865173
>I dont remember this

Well, it was pretty cheesy on the tv show...
>>
>>67865469
>large battle
>man literally just stood there
>people in the background literally doing fuck all

Look at them, they're all just stood there like they have full body parkinsons
>>
>>67865469
>>67865218
I've read the book, just dont remember he kicking asses like some skilled knight
>>
>>67865441

> I want a man to die for squandering his gift when there are thousands writers just as good more that willing to finish what he started.

ftfy
>>
>>67864115
That was what happened in S1-3

They slashed almist all travel in S4. And I am grateful for it.
>>
File: 1316955103176.jpg (110 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1316955103176.jpg
110 KB, 480x640
>>67865134
>If fat walda had fat babies they would be lord before ramsay.

No, that's GRRM forgetting the rules of his own setting.

Legitimized means just that; Ramsey Bolton is officially the _legal son_ of Roose Bolton and his place in the succession is now dependent on the order of his birth, so he would come before any kids Roose later had with Fat Walda.
>>
>>67862399
>conscript army
No.
>>
>>67865739
Not officially but effectively
>>
>>67865603
>he doesn't remember the climactic chapters of the second book
>he doesn't remember tyrion riding over the bridge of boats leading men in defense of the gates
>he doesn't remember tyrion not daring to look back
>he doesn't remember tyrion being offered a knights hand in submission and realizing it wasn't attached to the knights arm

just admit you didn't read it. The entire book was leading up to that point.
>>
>>67865798
Wat
>>
>>67859296
If they followed the books, Brienne should have given that perspective from the commoner's pov. But I guess that was too boring since nobody important died in that plotline so they dropped it.
>>
>>67865676
This though, I imagine that in a situation like that most of his vassals would support the younger son and he would be prone to rebel, since there is such widespread disdain for bastards - but legally Ramsay would absolutely be his heir.
>>
>>67865676
>Implying Roose wouldn't kill Ramsay as soon as another child is born
>>
>>67864540
>Bran
>Not being used as an exposition tool to justify R + L = J and then disappearing

You're very hopeful
>>
>>67865978
>roose
>a kinslayer

He may be a raper and an oath breaker but he is no kinslayer.
>>
>>67866007
>immortal vampire icelord
>caring about kinslaying

That man's the devil I tells ya
>>
>>67866286
That evil book he burns
bruh...
>>
>>67864058
> There's no way something like the Manderly's (who practice the New Gods) existing in the middle of the North without any trouble could take place.

except for the very reason they prosper in the north, they bring in a fuckton of money, so much so that most Northerners choose to forget that Manderly's are a southern house

there is precedent for religious orders and governments turning a blind eye if it means bringing in extra income
>>
File: House_Blackwood.png (58 KB, 250x334) Image search: [Google]
House_Blackwood.png
58 KB, 250x334
>>67866382
> most Northerners choose to forget that Manderly's are a southern house

I’d say Northerners are pretty easy going when it comes to religion and as long as you’re not in their face about your beliefs, they don’t care who or what you worship.

Even the Southerners are laissez-faire when it comes to religion, unless you’re tossing their idols into a fire…
>>
>>67859296
Remember that guy who waved his dick at cersei during her 'walk of shame'?

That's the common man of westeros; that's how much he cares about any of this shit
>>
>>67864928
Lol I read all the books you stupid fuck, obviously you don't know what the fuck you're talking about so you should stop posting.
>>
>What is Based Nimble Dick
>What is Pate the pig farmer
>What is the Brotherhood Without Banners
>What is the Sparrows
>What is Septon Maribald
>>
>>67861929
>>67862040
>>67862075

I will put up with whatever fucking sans snek tier shit D&D throw into season 6 and still say it was amazing if Ian McShane receites this passage/
>>
>>67867073
>Its changed into bad pussy tier dialogue
What do?
>>
>>67866715
religion generally plays a much smaller societal role in ASOIAF than in high medieval Europe. GRRM is a pretty adamant atheist.
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.