[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>female film student >it's a short film about gender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 13
File: 622336625.png (194 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
622336625.png
194 KB, 499x499
>female film student
>it's a short film about gender roles/feminism

>male film student
>it's a short film involving crime

>it's a film student short film
>ends with a suicide
>>
>>67853645
Only good student/amateur film I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpLDKFkA0M
>>
>it's a film student short film
>macro/high focus shots everywhere
>>
>student short film
>it ends with a proposal
youtube.com/watch?v=Rcx4_CszaDI
>>
>>67854088
Dark Star and Clerks were pretty good.
>>
>>67853645
>its a short student film
>it's actually a movie
>>
>>67854088
>its a short film
>its a fucking mess technically and artistically

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9ulIcg3eY
>>
File: pulp-fiction.jpg (405 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
pulp-fiction.jpg
405 KB, 2048x1536
>>67853645
>male film student
>cut to student wearing a poorly fitted suit pointing a handgun and holding a metal briefcase
WHERE IS MY MONEYS :D:D:D:D
>>
>I made a short horror film
>only ~70 views since last year
>too paranoid to post it here
>>
>>67854342
Jesus fucking Christ make it stop
>>
That's a little bit too broad desu, they most often just involve drugs and some mafioso people. When's the last time you saw a student film about political corruption
>>
>>67854490

Honestly this is a problem throughout fiction. What is there to care about desu? Everything is about crime
>>
>>67854409
Same here
>>
>>67854409
Peter, is that you?
>>
>>67854595
No
>>
>>67854342
What the fuck was that shit?
>>
>>67854595
dave?
>>
>>67854409
You should have just been like "hahaha my friend made this hahaha"
>>
>>67854634
Jerry?
>>
>>67854634
Na, I was involved in a short horror student flick a couple of years back with another guy.
It was pretty bad desu.
>>
File: 1457531304469.png (47 KB, 739x598) Image search: [Google]
1457531304469.png
47 KB, 739x598
>>67853645
BEHOLD

The greatest amateur/short film ever made.

https://youtu.be/0ErcDhI5WJU
>>
File: Bill_Wilson.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>67854684
BANE?
>>
>>67854409
Do it you whiny little bitch
>>
>>67854264
was clerks strictly a student film? I thought it was more of a simple low budget film before Smith became big
>>
File: short.webm(1).webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
short.webm(1).webm
2 MB, 640x360
what about mine?
>>
>student arthouse showcase
>death grips start playing
>it's actually good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZI-PZA5dQ
>>
>>67854143
Went to NYU film, fucking hate this meme aesthetic

I swore to myself to shoot everything with a 70s-90s style aesthetic just to stand out and differentiate myself.
>>
>>67854737
>student film
>full parking scene
>no one seated
>standing ovation in screening room before film even ends.
>>
>>67854737
>show the whole parking sequence and picking up mail
Did you direct Birdemic, you fucking hack?
>>
>Write out a narrative
>send individual scenes to /tv/ anons to film with their friends
>they make it, send it back
>put it all together, see if it somehow makes sense

It would probably get called great by some people anyway for being "experimental"
>>
>>67854351
Saw this all time the time too.

Worst one was a one-take/one-shot of an aftermath of a bloody shootout
>>
I made a music video with some guys for extra credit in school once
it was fun
>>
>>67854709
HA how many SJW tears were there over this

It's actually really pro-trans and pro-gay but because it's about a straight white man they must think it's evil
>>
>>67854709
Holy fucking shit, this was great. I didn't expect that.
>>
I made a mockumentary romantic parody of King Kong vs Godzilla

fight me
>>
>>67854409
What's the point of making something if you don't intend for it to be seen? Even if it's bad, there's no way it's worse than some of the shit I've seen.
>>
>>67854737
I remember you posting that opening frame here somewhere and I like it a lot. Bot nothing happens tho
>>
>>67854737
On the edge of my seat here, does he make coffee next?
>>
>>67854916
>A bunch of fat neckbeards acting out scenes independently with anime figurines and dakimakuras before they break down into screaming "YOU'RE A BIG GUY!"
It would be experimental all right.
>>
>film student
>uses black and white
>>
>>67855414
this isn't fucking /a/
but we could make a collaborative documentary archiving a day in the life of NEETs worldwide
>>
>>67854737
dude after he parks the car the building should totally explode and then he runs into a titty bar which he later realises has been taken over by vampires

and the rest of the movie is about his struggling relationship and the ongoing legal battle to have his love for his mailbox recognised by the state as marriage
>>
>>67855469
The vast majority of people who use 4chan browse a variety of boards. The people you meet on /v/ and /a/ are the same people you meet on /co/ and /tv/.
>>
>>67854709
Aussies dishing out the bants as usual.
>>
>>67853645
>student film
>it's about drug addiction/depression
>>
>student horror film
>its found footage
>>
>>67854709
Actually worth seven minutes
>>
File: image.png (275 KB, 501x550) Image search: [Google]
image.png
275 KB, 501x550
>student film
>actually a kino
>>
>>67853645

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnfVlhtw1A
>>
>>67854351

:^)
>>
Best student film I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvB0w4-SqUM
>>
>>67854409

I posted my film here and other places and didn't even break 200 views. I don't know how viralfags do it.
>>
>>67857219
Think about what people want to watch or what will impress them enough to share it, obviously
>>
>>67854709
This is great. Don't read the youtube comments though, they're fucking cancer. Its not even anti gay or trans, fucking offense seeking cunts
>>
>student movie
>awful fucking acting
>girl just stands there and reads her lines monotone

I swear to christ I had an eadier time telling my cat what to do, than some of these "I'll be such a celeb like oh my god" cunts
At least my cat doesn't tell me she doesnt need to put effort in since she is doing it for free and the grade doesnt matter since she already sucked the teacher off for a pass
>>
>>67853645
Best films of all time involve crime and violence
>>
>>67854342
God damn that's awful
>>
>>67854342
>changing the direction of travel between cuts
>axis of action is just fixing everywhere during convo
>no consistency of screen direction in general
>no establishment
>no resolution
>mise en scene is fucking nothing
>spatial relation is non existent
>entire thing is shot at the exact same focal length
This had to be deliberately bad. They can't have accidentally made so many perfect errors
>>
>>67858293
>fixing
fucking*
>>
>>67854088
it's shit
>>
>>67854409
Have you posted it before? Is it the one with the guy in the stairwell?
>>
>>67858293
I don't think it was supposed to be bad
>>
>>67854409
>mfw I made a short trash horror movie with my cat starring as the killer, showed it at school and everybody had a blast
It was on vhs though.
>>
>its a short film
>its in black and white
>>
>>67857687
Nobody wants to see an awkward fedora-wearing redditor dressed as a mafioso killing people like flies. Which is what ever amateur film is about.

They want to see him in some kind of comedy sketch about masturbating. Or trying to ask a girl out.

These plebs start making videos to escape real life. Fine, do that if you want. Just don't expect anyone else to want to watch your roleplaying faggotry
>>
File: lose.png (351 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lose.png
351 KB, 1024x576
>tfw I have to make a three-minute short film to enter film school
>will use plasticine and stuffed animals because
no friends=no actors
>already done
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5w_JAfcCHs

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Filmstudentkino.
>>
>>67859558
You'll stand out definitely, almost all of the entries will be black and white pseudo-intellectual shit
>>
It's not difficult to make a good film if you're an intelligent person, can put together a few sets and write compelling dialogue. Pic related

Problem is 98% of the people in film are idiots
>>
>its a short film
>involves drinking and smoking

https://youtu.be/j4mjHYZapaY
>>
>>67859558
Its something but you desperately need actors you could just pay some actors online or give out food
>>
this is how I imagine every film student short film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OY0FvhypaY
>>
>>67862414
I should probably say art student
>>
>>67862414
Pretty much
>>
>>67862414
I imagine them being like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOx2PMnxTY
>>
Nigga
>>
>short film
> ends with someone dying some way

Sigh
>>
This is the only good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mxitw5DjwE

Everything else is legit garbage.
>>
>>67864691
actually liked the way this was drawn

also I blinked about twice when watching
>>
>>67864549
What do you mean?
>>
if I was going to make art films I wouldn't have any actors

think about it

acting is for the stage, not for the camera
the camera is supposed to document reality

I would focus on the Church and Church rites / ceremonies, cathedrals, music, monasteries
>>
>>67853645
im crying omg
>>
>>67853645
>film student
>it's a short film about making a short film.
Honestly I'm perfectly okay with that

Shows that they're self-aware at least
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>67864691

There is something special about it. I couldn't tell you what, but chef boyardee makes stuff that I get on a gut level.
>>
>>67853645
>literally jackieray tier
>>
>>67854737
NO ONE WILL BE SEATED DURING THE INFAMOUS PARKING SCENE

This nigga, I swear.
>>
>>67865277
> I actually have a script of that and was gonna make it
>>
>>67865414
https://youtu.be/A42KcOHItXI

I just put this because I like this nigga, but I saw two movies with this same idea at a student film festival I was at a while ago.

Also the dude who made that Dreamworld short submitted his, and that was weird seeing a /tv/ guy's work on a relatively big screen.
>>
>>67853645
>student short film
>is about suicide
>has all those fucking pill bottles around

If you're gonna go out, do it with some fucking class.
>>
>>67865604
Why do all these film just look shit. Not even talking about the actors, they just look like shit
>>
>>67853645
>student film
>no "room" tone recorded
>no attempt at lighting
>everything's in shallow focus because they couldn't afford to light anything
>director of film plays main role because he doesn't trust anyone else to do it right
>>
>>67865876
Spot on
>>
>tfw gotta direct my friends
>tfw none of us have any actual experience

We have a decent script down. Not Oscar-worthy, but it's good enough.

>https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRTThUYjVJOTNkcWs

Here it is again in case no one's seen it yet. A noir written by people who have never seen a noir, edited by me. We're going for a Sin City visual style, obviously not as refined as that but general ideas are there.
>>
>>67854088
Wow, it's like a shitty rip-off of dead like me without any of the humour or quality
>>
>>67866198
I wouldn't say "good", but the twist is entertaining enough.

I'm assuming you won't be using any lighting for the night scenes so you're very likely to fuck it up to the point where it's unwatchable. Unless you have a really good camera.
>>
>>67857575
>I'm surprised that a woman didn't win Tropfest 2013, there were so many female entries including one by myself. My video was much better than these unfunny men, It highlighted the the gender inequalities in the 21st century, as well as the sexist agenda against females on websites such as Reddit. The fact that women barely even made the finals shows that Tropfest is run by sexist males who want to perpetuate the disgusting view that females can't make it in comedy.
>>
File: LightThing.jpg (12 KB, 312x355) Image search: [Google]
LightThing.jpg
12 KB, 312x355
>>67866931
I'm still thinking about the lighting. I have something like pic related I can use, but in terms of actual lights it's difficult to do anything without somewhere to plug it in.

I feel like since it's a noir it's okay to have really deep shadows. I've just never done something like this before, only done actual three-point lighting once.
>>
>>67860492
>It's not difficult to make a good film if you're an intelligent person, can put together a few sets and write compelling dialogue
Have you ever made a film? Not insulting you, just curious.
>>
>>67867281
if the shadows aren't dark enough you can always fix that in editing and it have plenty of options, when it's too dark there's not much you can do without ruining the quality of the image.

best way to make sure you're safe is to check your camera's histogram.
>>
>>67854709
Fucking kek.

Expected pretty much everything right up to...that twist. Holy fucking shit.

As someone who's got a couple trans friends, they actually portrayed that sort of relationship fairly well, sort of awkward but it's still friendly. Also props to Pete for actually respecting names, damn.
>>
>>67867551
>histogram
I'll be honest I'm gonna have to look that up, but what you're saying is it's better to overlight a picture rather than underlight it?I can work with that desu.
>>
File: 1043.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
1043.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>67854342
Oh god
>>
>>67854937
>Worst one was a one-take/one-shot of an aftermath of a bloody shootout
That actually sounds like it could be cool as fuck on a large scale. Pristine white suit walking through the carnage, flanked by bloody bodies, you never see his face, white suit walks up to some fucked up dude in a torn up grey suit with a briefcase, suddenly a gun muzzle's pointed at his head.

Maybe it's just because I am a student and unoriginal Tarantino shit appeals to me, who knows.
>>
Anyone have that student film about the gay teenager?

He gets bullied and then there are time skips and then he dies.
>>
>>67867690
yeah, pretty much. it's almost impossible to overlight a picture because you can almost always do this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stopping_down

you don't have to become and expert at reading histograms, just make sure the darks and the lights don't blow up. LCD displays on the camera aren't too reliable.
>>
>>67868091
Is it all in first person by any chance? I had the misfortune of helping to edit something like that
>>
>>67868135
Thanks man. I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into this fucking short, we haven't even started filming and I'm worried to shit about how this is going to go. Maybe it's just because this is my first time directing, and I wanna get all autistic about it.
>>
>be me last year
>bought a DSLR camera and lights along with a few dollys and a steadicam
>wrote a good script
>hired some actors from my college (Literally just went to the gym and asked good-looking people if they wanted to audition for a movie)
>made a great movie for under $4,000
>get a ton of praise and people love it
>wins lots of awards at film festivals

Why do people think that making a movie is hard? If you're not retarded it's pretty easy; the only actual difficulty was saving a few months for the money.
>>
>>67868169
I can barely remember. I don't know if it was famously bad or just something on /tv/.

A few shots of the gang walking into a park before evil teenagers picked on them. Can't remember if it was done in first person.

Most of it was explained through on-screen text like a silent film. "TWO YEARS LATER JAKE HAS A BOYFRIEND", stuff like that.
>>
>>67868209
not the guy you're replying to, but that's a good attitude to have imhotbh, have fun and expect to fail and learn from it
>>
>>67868231
That's a pretty big claim you're making without any proof.
>>
>>67868291
Yeah, because I'm going to post proof of who I am on an chinese cartoon forum. That'd be great for my career.
>>
>>67858293

Man, this so much.

It's amazing to me how little a person thinks of/pays attention to the technical details unless they're so glaringly off.
>>
Why are women so obsessed with gender?
>>
I remember when i was around 15-16 for a summer making 2 short films with a friend and his younger brother, best one was his idea, a rocky parody with bits of naked gun thrown in. basiclt comedy boxing.

I played a racist steyotype iron sheik rip off boxer, so it was like the Rocky vs Ivan fight.
friends little brother played mac and frind played Rocky.

I rememeber we got shirtless in the end and boxed in the garden, using ketchup as blood for later scenes.

Got preety real fightey so proud of that scene. Though, looking back, slightly homoerotic.
>>
>>67868463
Yeah, because I'm just going to take your word for it on a Vietnamese basket-weaving forum.
>>
>>67868511
the entire thing sounds pretty gay
>>
>>67868463
Cause we're just gonna trust someone on a Mongolian stir fry forum
>>
>>67868463
Yeah and I work for Marvel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_jN990Mw0U

Kid's short I made in high school, took us 9 weeks to animate. It was fun to do, I enjoyed doing the narration and VO for some of the characters.
>>
>>67868493
not all of them.

it's trendy, it's what festival juries want and it's more likely to win awards for the same reasons Crash won an oscar for best picture.
>>
>>67853645
ayy I've made both the crime movie and the suicide short. They're fun nigga don't knock it.
>>
>>67854793
Did that work out pretty well? Anything you can show us?
>>
>>67868790
People are obsessed with finding something stupid to identify with be it gender, race, cartoon show about ponies etc.

Women just seem to fall into gender for some reason while men have more possibilities
>>
>>67854342

I'm guessing since everyone is obese this was made somewhere in America
>>
>>67869047
True.

For example I'm addicted to talking and learning about film
>>
>>67854264
Where can I stream Dark Star?
>>
My little bro made a Dog Kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKB1L-PYF1U
>>
>>67869109
Yeah
>>
>>67869318
That was fucking trash, but genuinely better than anything in this thread
>>
>>67854709
Predictable
>>
As a film student this is terrifyingly true, my life is predetermined.
https://vimeo.com/158540503
One I made.
>>
>>67854793
>I swore to myself to shoot everything with a 70s-90s style aesthetic just to stand out and differentiate myself.
You are literally a fucking hipster, holy shit.
>>
>>67860492
>Stillman

or a jew apparently
>>
File: hmm.gif (999 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
hmm.gif
999 KB, 500x200
>>67868231
you make it sound so easy, I hate you
>>
>>67867975
Yeah your description is pure cringe.
>>
>>67869318
Quality kino my friend
>>
>>67854709
the filmmaking aspect isn't really inspired but the acting and writing really sell it
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.