[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne ws/george-lucas-quips-he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-lucas-quips-he-sold-851545

>Lucas went on to tell Rose he has accepted that the franchise is now in other hands, then he somewhat criticized the latest installment, The Force Awakens.

>"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different," Lucas told Rose. "I made them completely different — different planets, different spaceships to make it new."

>Before the deal came about, Lucas said he planned on writing and directing the sequels to his original trilogy. Then the sale occurred. Disney was not interested in his ideas for the follow-ups, so he stayed away from the production of Force Awakens, he said.

>"They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway, but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up," he said. "And so I said, 'OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.' "

Would George's Sequel Trilogy have been than Episode 7? Was it wrong of Disney to ignore his treatment?
>>
>>67852196
Probably. Ep 7 felt like shitty soulless fanfiction. Even though the had the actual actors from the old ones. They really fucked up, its the worst star wars flick by far.
>>
It was still better than the prequels
>>
>>67852196
No it would have been fucking awful.
>>
Its all shit always was and will be
>>
It could have probably been really good if they didn't let him go batshit insane like he did with the prequels.
>>
George Lucas was a crappy director that wanted nothing but yes-men to fill up the seats around him.

Video related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX7tleH0Q9M
>>
>>67852479
actually that half assed nostalgia piece has given me a new appreciation for the prequels
>>
>>67852196
>sells his IP to The Mouse
>complains The Mouse BTFO`s him

he`s dumber than I thought
>>
Anything would have been better than ep. VII.
>>
>>67852734
when was this?
>>
>>67852741
Stop memeing so hard anon.
>>
I really want to know his ideas. All I heard was that it was apparently about Han, Leia, and Luke's kids.
>>
>>67852196
This is ancient news. Why would you post this months later?
>>
If I was Lucas I would've taken $500m less for the guarantee that ep7 was written by him.
He gave all the money to charity anyway, and this would force Disney not to remake ep4 with less tension
>>
>>67852479
Only by virtue of them copying ANH.
>>
>>67852196

>Molten salt.
>George Lucas is salty.

Pottery
>>
>>67852734
it's a joke you retarded fucking redditor
>>
File: Reeeeee.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
Reeeeee.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>67852196
>making yet more movies in a franchise that should never had more than 4-5-6 made.
>>
>>67852781
>every opinion I don't like is a meme

Might you perchance be from tumblr my friend
>>
>>67852572
what an insightful comment, why even bother commenting on a series you obviously dislike?
>>
>>67852734

Exactly, Disney was probably ok with having him on board, but actually said something when he brought up retarded ideas, now he's butt hurt.
>>
File: 1459282655118.png (479 KB, 528x647) Image search: [Google]
1459282655118.png
479 KB, 528x647
>>67852196
>Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different
>Death Star II
Does he legit have dementia or something?
>>
>>67854546
No it isn't
>>
>>67852479
At least the prequels gave us some cool new vehicle designs, for the new one they just re-used a bunch of shit from the original trilogy and called it a day mostly. Which doesn't even make sense when you consider there's probably as much time between Force Awakens and Jedi as there is between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope and there was heaps of change in ship designs then.
>>
>>67852196
>different planets, different spaceships to make it new.

This was my biggest problem to TFA tbqh lads. It was like the design team just didn't care.
>>
>>67852196
>quips

When will it end?
>>
Would people think the prequels were all that bad if it wasn't for 99% of the environment being shitty CGI?
>>
>>67852196

I feel that if George Lucas had made another star wars movie he would of kept his filming style of very still shots, not a lot of camera shakes, with decent fighting scenes where you can tell whats going on I would of liked it and felt that it would of been a star wars film again. With that soap opera underlying tone. George can be creative and he does have some nice ideas and does know how to tell a somewhat decent story.

George would of course have to probably agree to have advisors to help him remove the bad decisions of his films again if he wants to make them great.

An unmonitored lucas goes to far.
A monitored lucas brings pure poetry.
>>
i just watched this movie yesterday and people weren't fucking kidding about the main character being a ridiculous mary sue
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.