[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Walking Dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
I honestly thought they could pull it off.
The most gut wrenching part of the comics that we've been looking forward to for years, the part that could finally redeem the show, the part that could finally make the show good.
The buildup to Negan was good, but as soon as he started his cheesy speech 'Screw screw screwedy screw', I knew it was over. But then they took it a step further.
They didn't even show who died.

Why does AMC value views over good content? This honestly could've been an amazing show.
Fuck AMC
>>
But they did pull your little picture book off. Their situation felt utterly hopeless where in your picture book it was "lol so random :O"
>>
File: 234234.gif (3 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
234234.gif
3 MB, 540x304
You've really shown AMC who's boss now.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00324.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00324.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
1. Really good season, one of the best, some slow episodes leading up to the finale.

2. JDM is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT as Negan

3. Not showing the death was a huge mistake

That said, I am glad it is not my main man Morgan taking the bat in the face.
>>
>>67847730
They made his dialogue incredible cheesy, made him look incredibly cheesy and ruined one of the best parts of the comics.
Fuck Amc.
>>
I can't believe people are really this pissed about a cliffhanger. You faggots new to television or something?
>>
what an absolute shitshow - JDM looked like a fucking bobblehead, shit was overdesigned to shit

I'm guessing a woman penned this episode?
>>
>>67847821
New to really terrible television with fantastic source material I guess.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00316.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00316.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>67847836
>>67847808
>They made his dialogue incredible cheesy, made him look incredibly cheesy

It's not cheesy when the character is portrayed faithfully to the source material.

That WAS Negan. I don't understand your bitching.

>>67847821
More like a cliffhanger to a cliffhanger, I think that's what's pissing people off.

Doesn't really bother me, but it is a mistake by AMC.
>>
File: 123.jpg (989 KB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
989 KB, 1920x2951
>>67847808
"Negan is cheesy" Everyone but you doesn't give a shit, autist,
>>
File: vlcsnap-00323.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00323.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: vlcsnap-00298.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00298.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>poor Rick
>>
>>67847808
Negan is cheesy in the comics, he is one of the main sources of humour actually
>>
File: vlcsnap-00321.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00321.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
>mfw there are people on /tv/ RIGHT NOW reading this post that did not like how Negan was portrayed

That was pretty much a 10/10 portrayal from comic to screen and a praise worthy performance by the actor.

Ya'll just trolling
>>
>>67847928
yeah, you said it in every fucking post, you fucking faggot
>>
the pov whacking was weak as shit. the scene was supposed to show that ricks group isnt untouchable yet here they go not actually showing the scene from the groups perspective
>>
File: vlcsnap-00318.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00318.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
>>67847964
Did it get to your cerebral cortex, tho?
>>
>>67847928
Pretty much everything i have read is that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was really good as Negan, even without the cursing. It was the useless cliffhanger that ruined a potentially good episode.
>>
negan not saying "fuck" in any of his sentances

they ruined him ffs
>>
>>67848000
REKT
E
K
T
>>
File: 1401495248259.jpg (32 KB, 387x412) Image search: [Google]
1401495248259.jpg
32 KB, 387x412
I honestly hate this show.

This season was so fucking awful.

>characters regress for literally no reason
>tired clichés for forced drama
>characters who have been at this for years falling to the most inane bullshit
>Saviors literally *teleports behind you* every single time they show up

And why the fuck did they even bother making the finale an hour long if half of it is wasted on extra-long, silent shots, and like 15 straight minutes of Negan talking about how he's gonna bean one of them?

What happened to the fucking rocket launcher? The one they used on those first Saviors? The one they still had like two rockets for? The one they made a huge deal out of?

Where the fuck is it?

>the one scene everyone was waiting for
>cut to first-person
>find out who died in the next season! :^)

I'm done with this stupid goddamn show and its predictable, horrible writing. I genuinely hate it.

I don't even care who died. It was probably Jewfro anyway.

This show was never amazing, but holy shit, this entire season was just awful. I went from a fan last season to actively hating it this season.
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>67848014
>I'm 12 and need muuh curse words to feel edgy and cool
>>
On first viewing JDM seems to be putting on a bit of an accent. Not a bad thing, but unnecessary. Default JDM is perfect for Negan. I'll watch it 10 times more to fully digest his greatness.
>>
>>67848043
It makes him more intimidating and unique, if you've read the comics you'd agree, at least a little bit.
>>
jeffrey based morgan was fucking awesome

the fuccbois that did not like him plz go back to le reddit
>>
>>67848085
>cursing is intimidating

Yup, 12 yo confirmed
>>
File: ejJDRU.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
ejJDRU.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>67847807
>all this
>>
Normies are in fucking revolt over this shit episode.

99% of the comments on Face book are negative, with literally thousands of thumbs up votes. Never seen anything like it. Twitter is blowing up too. People really hate this shit.

TWD lost over 4 million viewers from last season. I'm betting they just lost a lot more.
>>
>>67848103
Foul language is considered aggressive and is often used to create an intimidating atmosphere in media and in real life.

Not even that guy but you're kinda dumb m8, this is like a universal truth of language.
>>
Its a shame that JDM was pretty great, but man I hope this gets cancelled quick because of this shit.
Maybe 5-6 years down the line we get a reboot. An actual faithful reboot too.
>>
>>67847928
>That was pretty much a 10/10 portrayal from comic to screen and a praise worthy performance by the actor.
Agreed, the problem is I jut don't care anymore.

RIP TWD
>>
>>67848140
>Normies are in fucking revolt over this shit episode.

Normies are in fucking revolt over not showing the death in this episode.

fix'd
>>
>People don't realize the fans of this show will like anything that involves twd.

Amc could serve them a plate of literal dogshit, and call it 'The Walking Dead Special' and they'd gobble that shit up.
>>
>>67848014
oh after this sopranos tier *cut to black* cliff hanger for tfw fans its gonna be pee pee pants city ;)
>>
>>67848158
Mhmmm. Negan being (as neo-internet faggots like to say) """""an utter manchild""""" makes his presence pretty unsettling. A warlord being a grown up middle school bully is not fun when you are in the receiving end. There's no way of getting around that basic truth. As a viewer it's undeniably fun change of pace. But then again I am not a hipster.
>>
>>67848140
They killed the audience.
>>
Negan made the Governor look like a bitch in less than 5 minutes
>>
>>67848171
But most viewers seemingly hate Morgan, even though Morgan in the show is pretty much Scott Gimple's pride and joy.
>>
>>67848034
>there's an entire population of saviors exposed
>standing in full view
>on top of cars, behind each other, in rows
>no rocket launcher
>no automatic weapons

just why
>>
>>67847702
With jews you lose,my friend
>>
>>67847702
I had a feeling they will pull something like this. Negan was ok, it's hard to put a character like him in a TV show. That "tease" with Daryl being shot in last ep and now this cliffhanger is such a letdown from the writers. I hope they will lose another 4 mill viewers.
>>
File: 1456965840363.jpg (64 KB, 1079x1240) Image search: [Google]
1456965840363.jpg
64 KB, 1079x1240
>it's a Rick and co get trapped in the finale episode
>>
>>67848297
Why is an autist like you triggered that they allegedly did not have stupid automatic weapons? Should you be tapdancing in joy over that decision?
>>
File: things.jpg (203 KB, 640x1077) Image search: [Google]
things.jpg
203 KB, 640x1077
>>67848345
>>
>>67847702
>leather jacket not fitting
>beard
>not the same haircut
>can't curse
Lol they don't give a shit. Lmao at you fags still watching this garbage
>>
>>67847836
JDM really needs to gain weight. He looks like an aids patient these days.
>>
>lmao we edit in swearing on the DVDs but not Netflix :D:D:D
annoys the hell out of me. Why do jews hate Netflix?
>>
File: fellowkids[1].jpg (70 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids[1].jpg
70 KB, 960x547
>>67848393
>>
>>67847821
Its not that its a cliffhanger. Its that its a cliffhanger that leaves us with no lasting feeling, its just a big nothing
>>
File: nihon.jpg (53 KB, 960x547) Image search: [Google]
nihon.jpg
53 KB, 960x547
>>67848435
>>
>>67848393
He's fine, imo, my lovely comic autist. He should hold off until he's imprisoned. Then do a Charles Bronson since logically he'd have nothing else to do but work out.
>>
Some random notes about the season:
-They handled Eugene really well
-Negan is great, but he needs to excessively use the word "fuck". You wouldn't think so, but it's actually a very important part of his character.
-The Lucillening was handled awfully and whoever decided to go with it should be fired and refused pay
-The Saviors in general weren't really handled properly. They're meant to be threatening but ultimately their numbers is both the source of their strength AND their weakness. Really until the last episode they just felt like zombies that talked back.
-The ammo manufacturing should have been started by now, there's no fucking way they'd go "oh hey we can make ammo here now let's not tell Rick about it until the season's about to end"
-Somebody really needs to fucking hire someone to show these people how to hold a gun properly
-Seriously it's been 6 seasons why has nobody trained these dipshits yet
-Carol's change of character makes no fucking sense
-The amount of dead air in this episode would have been better utilised establishing Kingdom
-Needs more Jesus

Overall 5/10, could've been MUCH worse (see: Season 2) but still far too many problems for me to recommend it to anyone
>>
>>67848152
Dont argue with him, he probably has legit autism. Autists can't understand subtle differences in language and facial expression that actually carry large meanings behind them.
>>
Can't wait for the gook to die, and for the yoga nigger to get eaten
>>
>>67847863
Go build a church you cancerous faggot
>>
it's going to take them 3-4+ seasons to deal with negan. if you go by comic progression, negan popped up in issue 100 and has yet to be killed in issue 152.
>>
>It's a 1 hour car ride episode
>>
>>67848588
They're not gonna last another few seasons, normies will be dropping the show after the bullshit they pulled last night, season 8 will be the end
>>
>>67848603
>that slow and ominous reveal of how big Negan's forces were and Rick slowly realizing how fucked he is, no matter where he goes he's fucking boxed in, like a cat toying with a mouse before the kill

Nah that was actually pretty good desu
>>
>>67848626
I hope so, I'll rather see it crash and burn than watch them trying to turn it into Supernatural.
>>
>>67848588
They will certainly "deal" with Negan by the end of season 8 or 9. They can't do a successful drama series forever (most dumb fuckers really do not care for the characters like some of us fans do) and they've only got the Alexandria set bought out through 2019
>>
File: 1430800108133.jpg (174 KB, 987x689) Image search: [Google]
1430800108133.jpg
174 KB, 987x689
I wouldn't be surprised if Kirkman loses his job over this

>yes i actually want him to
>>
>>67848626
nah, aside from tonight's retarded cliffhanger, i don't see it going anywhere anytime soon. like someone said earlier, its core fanbase can overlook shit like that. as long as they keep the fake drama going like glenn's "death" earlier this season. just like that though, im pretty sure they left us enough to figure out who they plan to kill off in the first 30 minutes in season 7.
>>
>>67848687
Kirkman is not the show runner. No matter what he is in it and Fear The Walking Dead until the very end. If anyone loses a job it is Scotty Jew Gimp. Let me guess you curse GRRM when Game of Thrones stumbles too?
>>
>>67848152
>You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
>>What do you mean I'm funny?
>It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
>>What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
>It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything.
>>Funny how? What's funny about it?
>>>Tommy no, you got it all wrong.
>>Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
>Jus...
>>What?
>Just... ya know... you're funny.

Yeah, no. Profanity isn't needed to be aggressive and intimidating.
>>
File: who.jpg (235 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
235 KB, 1280x720
yo, are these Kingdom fags?
>>
I loved the episode. All the non-comic reading fans in my house loved it a lot. They were hyped for someone to die, but they still loved it. Maybe that's unusual though. I can easily see teenagers across the globe tuning out.
>>
>>67848764
nobody said it needs to be the case, mauno

but it is, and it works
>>
>>67848784
thanks for posting this m8. no one posted the knight last week and im too lazy to download the episode. it is definitely EZKs Niggas.
>>
ITT: the good old folks at /tv/ are butthurt yet again simply because a show is popular.
>>
>>67848786
The thing is the episode was actually pretty great, it's just the Cliffhanger was fucking awful, so people are just gonna associate the entire episode as awful. I've seen people calling it worse than the season 3 finale. Like holy shit come on now
>>
>>67848879
JESUS, if they are special enough to remember the finale from three whole years ago then surely they can't be retarded enough to consider this finale worse. Curious to know what they thought of last season's finale.
>>
>>67848818
It's quite the opposite. Retarded tv fans are butthurt people didn't like their shit show and come here complaining and trying to twist it into
>le contrarian meme

While in fact you're the contrarians

/tv does this shit every single time
>>
>>67848351
You are fucking retarded, son.

That's it. You're just a fucking retard.
>>
File: Capture21212.jpg (17 KB, 578x82) Image search: [Google]
Capture21212.jpg
17 KB, 578x82
>screw screw screwdy screw

just buy blu-ray go--guy ;*)
>>
File: 1429244748870.png (315 KB, 314x633) Image search: [Google]
1429244748870.png
315 KB, 314x633
>>67848744

Jokes on you I don't even watch GOT (pls no bully im serious ive been meaning to start from the 2nd season cause I couldn't get through the first 2 episodes)

Sry you're right though I caught the first mins of talking dead and i swear i heard Hardwick ask Kirkman how he felt about the finale having written it.

Writing aside, Negan was the best part and the cast rly sells the emotions behind completely brain dead writing but this sucks. I was invested till the end but to smarter/most people it might have been lousy beginning till end. Might tune in next season just to see if JDM is still killing it but otherwise I have no reason to have seen this shit and not Fargo's first season anymore.
>>
>>67849002

FX can say fuck, why can't AMC?
>>
>>67849035
I don't know, whatever happened to just bleeping words? That's definitely better than changing a character to fit goodboy language
>>
Not showing who took the bat is a fucking disgrace

Fuck this show, we have to wait 7 months to find out? Fuck off
>>
>>67849057
This.
>>
>>67849035
they can

they choose not to for the children's sake
>>
>>67848879
>worse than the season 3 finale
how did that end again?
>>
>>67849102

the only reason i can think of is they're intentionally losing their viewership so they can end the show by season 14 instead of 21.

>not thinking the ratings will tank when S7 starts

I really don't think it's just critics i mean every single person in the world watching this show must feel a little dissappointed by that ending..
>>
>>67849163
Well it actually had a release. Governor stormed the prison finally, explosions and gunfire everywhere, Andrea got bit and killed herself, Governor went berserk and gunned down a bunch of his own people. On this episode nothing really happened except Carol got shot and Negan was introduced
>>
>clean shaven guy
>cast a guy with a beard
>>
Lets be honest.
what are they gonna open with next season?

at least now they have JDM to steal the show for 10 minutes while he cucks rick some more. but there would be fuck all happening in the comics. they show hilltop the dead guy, then they realise alexandria was attacked by more saviours at the same time rick was cucked, then rick tells everyone how they need to obey negan and they let dwight go (which is odd because he is with negan at the battering)
at least this way the opening will be interesting, and maybe another character has died in the alexandria attack.
>>
File: RVbros.jpg (283 KB, 709x797) Image search: [Google]
RVbros.jpg
283 KB, 709x797
At least we got a good moment between Eugene and Abraham
>>
>>67849163
They hyped it up as the Prison/Woodbury final fight, but what happened is the Governor went to the prison, no one was fucking there except for a couple people, they chased them out by shooting some guns in the dark, then the Governor killed his forces for no reason and we had to wait til the season 4 mid season finale to get the actual confrontation between Rick and the Governor that we should have got here
>>
>>
File: vlcsnap-00364.jpg (220 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00364.jpg
220 KB, 1280x720
>>67848538
lel

On a related note, while re-watching L O S T I spotted a familiar face playing Ana Lucia's partner
>>
>episode is finally getting interesting
>check the time
>there's 3 min left before credits

every fucking episode is like this

I can pretty much skip to the end of every episode and not miss anything improtant
>>
>>67849355
i wanna Anal Lucille her if u know what I mean
>>
File: lightenup.jpg (412 KB, 1703x950) Image search: [Google]
lightenup.jpg
412 KB, 1703x950
Carl's badassery has shot up a lot in this scene alone. I am fucking stoked for their relationship.
>>
Not a comic nerd, I thought it was the best 15 minutes the show has had since the first season. The dread of being so powerless in that position got to me.
>>
>>67849569
Only weak point is when he didnt say 'catch a nigger by the toe', that really broke momentum a bit.
>>
Most of the episode was good. The growing realization that the group was in over its heads, giving the lie to Rick's bravado, was well done and I still like Carol's storyline this season. It wasn't even just the cliffhanger, although that was obnoxious. The whole last scene was atrocious. It went on forever and it was clear they were killing time to fill 90 minutes. The scene lacked tension because the reveal and placement clued everyone in that there was no deus ex machina.

Negan's dialogue is insipid and derivative. The bro villain is becoming overused. It really doesn't matter that it's faithful to the comics, bad is bad. The actor's portrayal wasn't much better, but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he his first scene was so pivotal, the material he was given was weak, and he was hampered by the laborious pacing of the scene.

But that cliffhanger is too much. It's really absurd and pointless. The group has one of its own killed and is forced to bow to the villain. That is ALREADY a cliffhanger and ALREADY sets up next season. You can just go ahead and show us who died. Cheap, cynical move.
>>
>>67849529
Yeah this was fucking great, I'm glad they seem to still be going down this route even though Carl's clearly not a child in the show anymore, him and Negan's relationship is amazing
>>
>>67848452
Fucking
KEKS
WERE
HAD
>>
>>67848784
Yep. Called it last sunday.
>>
>>67848393
I challenge you to screen a frame in the finale where he looks like an aids patient.
>>
>>67847808
>they made his dialogue incredibly cheesy

In the comics, Negan has a monologue criticizing Humpty Dumpty that he delivers while trying to kill Carl.

He's a dumb character.
>>
File: 1294108577308.jpg (27 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1294108577308.jpg
27 KB, 313x313
>>67847702

I was even disappointed in Negan.

When they announced JDM for the role, I Googled him and thought he was perfect.

But... He looked scrawny as fuck last night. He wasn't physically intimidating the way Negan is supposed to be at all. Guy looked like a cancer patient.
>>
>>67849703
the dude looked like they'd spent more effort on dressing him than on writing the last episode
>>
>>67849703
Well admit it when you feel like a fucking retard
>>
>>67848297
There's a short arc in the comics when Rick's group realizes the Saviors don't usually carry guns.

This gives them the confidence to attack.

They try to kill Negan only to have their guns (and several friends) shot by Negan's snipers who have been watching them the whole time.
>>
>>67847702
Some anon leaked Negan's dialogue to a T a week or so back.
Terrible cop out in the end with the first person view, but you can see an eyeball or assorted gore fly onto the ground after the first hit.
JDM is pretty good, liked his performance overall.
Rick looked genuinely destroyed and bewildered throughout the whole ordeal.
>>
>>67847702
You comic buffs are the worst.
Nobody cares if the show isn't true to your beloved comics.

The show is still shit tho.
>>
File: Big Swinging Dick.jpg (184 KB, 650x999) Image search: [Google]
Big Swinging Dick.jpg
184 KB, 650x999
>>67847808
>Comic Negan isn't cheesy
>Negan's cheesiness isn't the best fucking thing in TWD
>>
>>67849806
>Nobody cares if the show isn't true to your beloved comics.

To be honest the first episode is still the best and it was copied nearly page for page from the comic.
>>
>We're the new world order, you have to accept us
subtle, jews
>>
>>67849264
I just have a bad feeling Abraham was the one who got lucille'd.

>Taking it like a champ
That just screams Abe to me
>>
>>67849913
>That just screams Abe to me

Line is taken straight from the comic book.
>>
>>67847702
I kinda liked the build up off the episode, how the Saviors increased in numbers each team they met. Also Rick's face when he realized how fucked they were was awesome, the final moment before they met Neegan felt like a horror movie.
Just wish they dropped most of the Carol/Morgan shit, and that they actually showed who got beaten to death. If they showed let's say Daryl getting beaten to death, I'd still watch the next season and see how they dealt with their new leader. Now I feel more like dropping the show for stupid shit like this. How are they gonna build up to the death? When the new season starts you wont have the same feel, like you had watching this.

Also, I really hope Abe doesn't die, really like him now with his one liners, and the Eugene duo. But maybe thats the point.
>>
>>67849913
he says it in the comics also.
its one of his memorable lines
>>
>>67849913
He says that about Glenn in the comic too I think
>>
>>67849913

he says the same line in the comic.
and it's not Abraham.
>>
>>67849844
>To be honest the first episode is still the best
That's a fucking retarded cop out though you have to admit. It has weight to it but at the same time it fucking doesn't at all since it's the beginning of the story.
>>
>>67849806
I dont think anyone cares about the comic.

They care about good writing and story telling which the last few minutes of the show completely threw away.
>>
>>67849994
there was good writing and story telling before the last few minutes of the show?
>>
>>67850049
He must have been watching something else.
>>
File: tumblr_natordzDVf1qh9acyo1_500.png (150 KB, 500x247) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_natordzDVf1qh9acyo1_500.png
150 KB, 500x247
Negan isnt crazy enough. JDM doesnt feel in character, it really feels like he's just reading his lines.
>>
>>67850049
I thought so. It's not Breaking Bad but it's not a bad show. There's definitely worse out there.
>>
>>67850102
he doesn't feel menacing enough, needs to become a big guy, and yeah more crazy
>>
>>67848764
Way to not include the whole fucking thing, faggot. Why choose a scene that invalidates your point? You really thought we'd forget the whole dialogue?

>Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
>Jus...
>What?
Just... ya know... you're funny.
>You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
>Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
>No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
[long pause]
>Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!

Was the Negan scene intimidating without cursing? Yes.
Is the section of the Goodfellas scene you posted intimidating? Yes.
Are both more intimidating when/if the f-bombs start dropping? Absofuckinglutely.

Now go home and get yer fucking shine box
>>
where's the webm subtitled senpai of eeny meeny
>>
>>67850169
Shame Tom Hardy doesn't do TV.
>>
>>67850234
someone hasn't seen peaky blinders
>>
So are there any autistic analyses out there on how it couldn't be Daryl or Abe or whatever? Just waiting for the shitflood of "who died in the season finale theory"-videos on YouTube.

Just waiting to see all the videos of how if you kinda look to the corner you can see what appears to be Daryl's cloth so it cant be him, etc. etc.
>>
>>67850169
He can only benefit from future crazy scenes but JDM's Negan was cumming his pants the whole time.
>>
File: 1456278427161.png (25 KB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
1456278427161.png
25 KB, 400x340
Post yfw s7e1 is a Morgan+carol episode
>>
>>67847808
My old man turned to me during the speech and said, verbatim, "why do we watch this shit again?"

TWD FAGS BTFO

>>67847863
>It's not cheesy when the character is portrayed faithfully to the source material.
>That WAS Negan. I don't understand your bitching.

Clearly don't understand what cheesy means, there's certainly no correlation between source material and cheesy dialogue.
>>
>>67849529
There was nothing badass about Carl at all. They literally just copied and pasted all of Negan's lines about Carl straight from the comics even though it didn't fit at all because he's a little bitch in the show compared to the comics. Comic Carl murdered a kid like an ice cold motherfucker because it needed to be done and was actually unsettling. Here we had a kid with a goofy haircut looking kinda bored but not even slightly menacing and we get Negan being all "WHOA, LOOK AT THIS FUTURE SERIAL KILLER".
>>
>>67850234
Hardy would actually fit Neegan well, perhaps not with height. But it would be a good Bronson/Bane(/Forrest) mix. I'm more sad that Hardy didn't do Punisher, would be a good way for him to get back into capeshit.
>>
File: little red ridding hood.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
little red ridding hood.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>67850271
>>
>>67850271
wouldnt happen, opening will be the lucilling in full from third person view.
slow mo head smash
cut to a 10 minute flashback of maggie recalling all her time with glen. she wakes up from the flashback and sees negan taking one last smack down.
negan then spends 10 minutes finishing his speech.
negan fucks off. rick and co run to hilltop
rick cucks gregory,
rick realizes alexandra was attacked,
rick tells alexandria that they need to obey negan last scene is him sending jesus to follow the saviours prisioner
>>
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>67850271
You know they're gonna do this for sure.
>>
>>67850288
Carl is one of the worst characters, portrayed by one of the worst actors on the show, and that's saying something, considering how lame everyone bar Abe is
>>
>>67850301
I love Bronson but Hardy has not showed half the charisma JDM has got. On his own he'd be fun, sure, as would 100 other guys theoretically, but... JDM.
>>
File: 1459077881293.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1459077881293.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>67850271
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 457x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 457x396
>Glenn and the dumpster bullshit
>That awful mid season finale where they didn't use the opportunity to end it with Carl getting shot
>The lead up not being worth it in this episode
>Ruining what would have been the best moment in the show for cheap viewer baiting for the mass market

#firegimple
>>
File: ghouls.png (217 KB, 416x406) Image search: [Google]
ghouls.png
217 KB, 416x406
>>67850271
>>
>>67850353
He played great in Legend tho, Hardy fits the mobster boss and crazy character. But I'm not sure he'd manage to be as cheesy as Neegan is supposed to be.
>>
What does the whistling mean? Sorry if I am """autistic""" but Dwight's group did it and now Neegan.
>>
File: he's taking it like a champ.jpg (375 KB, 1201x940) Image search: [Google]
he's taking it like a champ.jpg
375 KB, 1201x940
Even after using that line it wouldn't surprise me if they kill of someone else than Glenn.
The Glenn character has gotten less interesting anyways.
>>
>>67850301
I was excited when their were rumors that Garret Dillahunt would be playing Negan. He would have been great, even if different than the comics.
>>
>>67850442
>even if different than the comics.
lol Jeffrey Dean Morgan is already showing artistic liberties.
>>
>>67850425
I just hope it wont be a cop out and they kill that homo character. Not one of those "omg they killed a gay character"- people, but he is the least meaningful character there.
>>
>>67847863

Only words that came outta his mouth was shit...

But then you have to wait and buy the Blu Ray to get the uncensored version...
>>
JDM brilliant performance there. Was expecting at least one f bomb though but I honestly don't care.

Wish the death was shown but we all know it's Glenn.

Seeing Rick look like a bitch was surreal too.
>>
File: flowers.gif (1000 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
flowers.gif
1000 KB, 500x240
>>67848485

Tonight I understood Carol like I never had before.

>She realized how horrible was the show she was stuck in, and decided to stop fighting for it.

She ventures to die alone. She points her gun at Morgan, but realizes that the plot won't allow it, and lowers her arm, tired, asking him to let her die. She get's shot by a dude who doesn't know she's a main character, and thinks he can "watch" her die. She hears the plot coming to save her. To enslave her. She gets scared. She begs in desperation for him to put an end to this miserable writing, and a convenient shot is heard. Her one chance of peace and freedom drops dead on the ground. Morgan kneels close to her, and grins. It's not over.

We're not free. We're Carol. We deserve better, but for some reason we can't leave, so we keep getting fucked over.

BRAVO GIMPLE.
>>
>>67850480
>cop-out
>killing the least important character
>in a scene defined by the death of a main character in the source material
That's the definition of a cop out you fucking idiot.
>>
>>67850418
I dunno man Bane was pretty cheesy in some parts.
>>
>>67850519
this. Rick was great. It would actually be cool if they killed off Glenn, the cliffhanger hints at it not being Glenn, because if it obviously was Glenn they just show it right? I hope they're just trying to trick us.
>>
>>67847928
Guys a great actor but he isn't big or intimidating at all. There was no way JDM was going to make that scene impactful without better directing. The writers should have cut back the dialog and shot angles where the characters are looking way upward at him. The way they shot it he just looks small.
>>
Why did Daryl have a blanket draped over him?
>>
>>67850557
you are agreeing with me you dumbass.
>>
>>67850610
Not him, but he is very clearly not you colossal retard.
>>
>>67850102
Because AMC is too scared of trying something different so they have to keep him tame and not swearing.
>>
>>67850569
thats mostly because of all the memes he created

Nolan saw how well people liked the Joker and tried to replicate it on to Bane. If you watch a video of all the Bane quotes you see how forced it is, trying to make every sentence important.
>>
>>67850588
Honestly, part of the problem with the show is the directing, which is obviously linked to the absolutely atrocious writing. I actually want to read a few of the scripts they queef out post s1.

I've read the pilot, it's fantastic. Darabont is an Oscar nominated writer. These rent-a-writers don't know what the fuck they're doing, some of the exchanges are just down right embarrassing

That Carol exchange with Morgan... "don't youuu know?"
>>
>>67848034
All of this was already plainly visible in the last season. What made me drop the show was the Tyreese death episode. It was so utterly Dexter (the TV show). I immediately foresaw a similar "fall" and stopped before I got hurt more.
>>
>>67850629
I just said I hope they don't kill the homo character, because it would be a cop out.
>>
>>67850329
He's alright to good in the comics. In the show, he's straight up awful.
>>
>>67850555
Scotty is too deep for us.
>>
>le reeee cliffhangar
Maybe you particular retards should contribute to the show so they don't have to feel antsy over getting more viewers?
>>
>>67847807
>Show close up of the barbed wire
>Barbs are bent in to prevent on set injuries
>Clean

BAKA
>>
>>67847702

how could they fuck it up this bad? why would they do the cliffhanger? the whole episode of building up tension was fucking wasted. the death wont have any impact now

seriously one of the most disgusting things ive seen writers do on a show
>>
>>67850663
Am him, I apologize.
>>
File: image.jpg (629 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
629 KB, 2048x1536
>post yfw Thomas Wayne beated his wife's skull in with a spiked bat
>>
>>67850726
Dude, the urbanites watching this shit don't know anything about barbed wire.
They just think it's like a magic string of razors.
>>
I can't believe the amount of faith I had for AMC to make the finale good. Not only did I think they would actually kill off a character, I thought they'd kill off Daryl, the Redditest character on the show.
AMC chooses views over good content yet again.
>>
>>67850602
He was shot in the last minutes of the previous ep
>>
How does it still have such a high IMDB score?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-04-20-34-34.png (901 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-04-20-34-34.png
901 KB, 1440x2560
>>67850864
Forgot pic. It's still the lowest rated episode of the season.
>>
>>67850880
>>67850864
Damn, after going through all the scores it's the lowest rated episode yet.
>>
i think i fugured it out:
the cut to first person was a metaphor for the last fans who enjoyed this show and they got killed by the bad writing, awful pace and constant cliffhangers once and for all. now thats some deep shit from the writers. maybe we should rethink the whole storyline.
>>
>>67850880
>not 4 you
disappointment
>>
>>67850919
BRAVO KIRKMAN
>>
File: GS-lejonet.jpg (54 KB, 503x604) Image search: [Google]
GS-lejonet.jpg
54 KB, 503x604
>>67850919
THE VIEWERS WERE THE WALKING DEAD ALL ALONG
>>
>>67850919
POTTERY!
>>
>>67847702
I can narrow it down for you guys. The whole episode it would randomly cut to a POV shot of someone looking at a bullet riddled door. Then at the end of the episode we learn that was where Glenn, Daryl, and Rosita were being held with the POV shot being from one of them. So throughout the whole episode we were looking through one of their eyes and at the end when that same person was killed. Since it needs to be a big character its either Glenn or Daryl and I'm leaning towards Glenn.
>>
>>67848764
>>67850190
BTFO
>>
Can someone PLEASE link me to either the leaked audio or a version on youtube that includes the screams at the end?
>>
>>67848485
Pretty spot on.
>>
>>67849703
He was cast really close to the time of filming. A matter of weeks, I think.
>>
>>67849035
It airs later.

But yeah, it's weird they just don't blank it out. Especially since all their other shows do it and have done it for quiet a while.

Hearing Rick say; They've SCREWED with the wrong people. Instead of They've ---- with the wrong people was so fucking irritating and now having a character in Negan whose whole goddamn vocabulary revolves around the dreaded "F" word have to revert to 6th grade safe swearing is stupid.

Oh well.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17 KB, 590x330) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
17 KB, 590x330
>Best part of the whole episode
>New favorite charater unlocked
>>
>>67848140
>facebook and twitter
>crybaby central
color me surprised, anon.
>>
Anyone else realize this is basically A Bugs Life now?

I forget the exact details because I saw it many years ago but
>ants working for Hopper now
>Hopper and Negan are the same persona of charismatic
>he gets half of everything
>everything is fine until they stop giving him half
>Rick rhymes with Flick for added pottery
>Flick leads the ants to fight against Hopper with a super clever attack

>>67851215
if you're thinking that you can identify who died from the screams, please stop. it doesnt exist. they literally havent written the outcome, to the point that the actors dont even know, and wont find out until filming starts. there arent any clues or missing parts. its literally a cliffhanger. AMC has your balls at hand.
>>
>>67851368
Im not. You don't know me faggot, i'm not after the audio to try to find out who died. I want to hear the screams, or rather let my wife hear them. The version we got here had none.
>>
I was 100% sure they would at least cut to the dead guy/gal's face within the last few airing seconds. Even at 3 seconds left I was positive.

What the fuck mane.
>>
>>67848043
>mocks someone over word preference
>uses "edgy" as a description

I hate /tv/ so much.
>>
>>67849057
>bleeping
It would sound weird. Especially with in a Zombie Soap Opera. You bleep comedies, not a shitty drama show. It's really off putting.
>>
>>67850836
>I thought they'd kill off Daryl, the Redditest character on the show.
Kill yourself redditor.
>>
>>67851478
Better than no swearing at all.
I think screwedy screw screw motherdick screw is more annoying and cringey that f*ck.
>>
>>67851340
Too bad he's a ginger, else he would be perfect.
>>
>>67851520
Fangirl or Redditor detected.
A character being invincible because the fans like him is bad writing and you know it.
>>
I'm not even angry, just disappointed.

JDM was great, aside from the lack of fucks, and it was shaping up to be a great finale with the upcoming head bash. But they dropped it hard.
>>
>>67850643
They need someone high up on the food chain to squash the whole "Thanks for all your hard work, the turkey wraps, smoothies and pasta salad have elevated craft service to heights no one thought possible. That being said, we'd like you to direct a few episodes." mindset.

The show's never been great but it's had moments of being consistently good then, Greg Nicoterro or another TWD charity case gets a thank you directing credit and regresses the show.
>>
How can we get Gimple fired?
>>
>>67850860
and... Everyone knows the first, best and only way to treat a gunshot wound is draped fleece.
>>
File: 1456868076189.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456868076189.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>67847702
>tfw negan is dyel as fuck
>>
File: t-dog.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
t-dog.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>season 7 premieres
>it's a flashback episode
>it details some aspect of the character that makes us "care" about them "more"
>the episode ends with them looking up towards Negan, ready to accept their fate
>cut to black
>every episode is like this for a different character, 11 in total for each survivor
>another 2 episodes for flashbacks of Negan and the Saviors
>last episode ends on the same cliffhanger as season 6
>associate producer AMY BETH BARNES
>FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT SEASON ON AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD
>Chris Hardwick declares it to be the best season of any TV show ever
>>
>>67851603
gimple should go back to making filmore
>>
>>67851531
No it isn't. If a scene is suppose to be intense, a loud bleep ruins the tensity of the moment.
>b-but so does him not swearing
Negan doesn't need to swear to me intimidating. The scene was just poorly written.
>>
why is Negan being played by a manlet?
>>
I guess I’m the only one who didn’t have a problem with the episode as a whole. I mean, I thought the way they got to Neegan was a bit repetitive but I had zero problems with JDM or the cliffhanger and I really am kind of sad that one of those characters got beaten to death. I can’t even really say who I would be the most sad about at this point. The show isn’t ballsy enough to do in Maggie like that is it? That would be the biggest gut punch outside of Rick or Carl.
>>
>>67847876
He looks like steven seagall without a ponytail
>>
>>67851566
>killing a fan favorite just because he's a fan favorite
>masterful writing

The 16yo edgy redditor/GoT fan spotted. Kill yourself.
>>
>>67851520
Then Blank the TOO EXTREME swearing. AMC shows have done it for quiet a while.
>>
>>67847702
I thought this guy was a pretty good actor. Never read the comics so can't compare but I was kinda tense for those last 15 minutes
>>
>>67851565
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>67851654

kek

>You just know a condensed version, single episode of this was probably pitched in the writing room
>>
>>67851654
>every episode of s7 will just be no video + 40mins of batting sounds + niggan resting in between

truly the endless 8 of westernshit TV
>>
>>67848485
season two is the best season.
>>
>>67851717
Part of the hate is because the final parts of this episode was so much better and gut wrenching in the comics. People were expecting that but got dog shit instead.
>>
>>67851654
kek I wouldn't put it past them at this point to pull this shit
>>
>>67848485
How was it a 5/10?
I would've thought more of a 2/10 or 1/10.
>>
File: vg.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vg.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>lot of tension is built
>find more and more saviors as they are trying to drive through
>more tension
>saviors start teleporting in
>more tension
>they shoot them and they intentionally miss
>even more tension
>literally through the middle of the episode you just feel "oh shit, they won't get out anymore"
>the whistles made me feel legitimately scared
>Rick's defeated face
>finally showing up Negan
>cut to black instead of showing who died

i bet you the ratings, the critiques would've been almost all positive IF THEY JUST SHOWED WHO FUCKING DIED, that's literally the only thing that killed the episode, everything else was done perfectly and they fuck it up in the end

bravo AMC

also, on a sidenote, why didn't they just get out and regroup somewhere else? the saviors obviously knew exactly where they were and they were just toying at that point, i would've turned 180º and drive the fuck out
>>
>>67847702
Did anyone go as far as to observe what direction Negan was going in and count the Einie Menie Minies to see who got the bat? I'm gonna assume AMC are smarter than that though.
>>
>>67851686
Rick and Carl are the only ones guaranteed not to die. Negan says that if anyone tries anything to cut Carls other eye out and feed it to Rick. How are they going to cut an eye out if he is being beaten or how can Rick eat it if he is being beaten? Other than that it could be anyone but I think its Glenn.
>>
>>67851768
>was so much better and gut wrenching in the comics

Besides the stupid cliffhanger this assessment is incorrect.

>D+ no scholarship, at least you don't have to go to summer school.
>>
>>67848034
This. I'm done.
>>
>>67851819
Because muh Megan

Also maybe their plan to sneak through the woods would have worked if they had shut the fuck up instead of talking loudly so the Saviors could find them.

Same thing last episode, talking loudly when they are pursuing a group with superior numbers in the woods. What could possibly go wrong?!
>>
>>67851851
I don't want it to be Abraham but

>that scene with Eugene hugging
>That moment where he says he is ready to do something big with Rosita
>that random character development he was getting lately

i hope he is still alive, he is my favorite character so far
>>
>>67849703
I agree with this I think JDM's delivery was pretty good, he just needs to stack on the weight a little
>>
>>67851832
The thing is sometimes he'd linger on a person for one word, and sometimes he'd linger on a person for 3 or 4 words so you can't really go by that.
>>
>>67850655

Out of all the terrible episodes, this finale included, the Tyreese death episode will always and forever be the worst thing I've ever seen on TWD.
>>
>>67851819
Maggy was in the middle of dying.
>>
>countless "shit"s
>not allowed to say "fuck" without offending

ummmmm what the HECK Americans????
>>
>>67851899
Abraham is my current favourite too, I love how calm and battle-hardened he is. He's also one of the only characters who's acting makes me feel a good bit of emotion for and his shining optimism makes you have to love him
>>
>>67851407

your wife's son can't find it for you?
>>
>>67851899
possibly but I think they threw that whole scene with him and Eugene in to mess with people. It had me believing it might be Eugene since he gave Rick the details for making ammo. They like to mess with people, especially the comic book fans. They replace character deaths from comics a lot but I think this time they went with the same person. It has to be someone thats been around since season 1 or it won't have the huge impact it needs to make people hate/fear Negan.
>>
>>67851945
I have a thing for the stereotypical army dude (Abraham does have some of those tropes, not saying they are bad) and he is so entertaining and his interactions with everyone, especially Eugene are really good

Just hope AMC doesn't kill one of the better characters
>>
>>67851961
Kek
>>
>>67851939
Go heck yourself, my friend. Didn't get the memo that gore and violence is okay, but not the hecking f word?
>>
>>67847878

>I've made a huge mistake
>>
File: 1458592737563.jpg (5 KB, 200x236) Image search: [Google]
1458592737563.jpg
5 KB, 200x236
All AMC had to do THE ONE FUCKING THING was show who died and not make the worse cliffhanger I've ever seen on tv and they can't even do that, 6 seasons of mediocre writing and questionable acting AND THEY STILL CHOOSE TO FUCK ME. Seriously what the actual fuck were they thinking
>>
Whoever got the bat had people on the right and left of them.
Eugene and Glenn are at the ends.
He points to the left when he says "the boy".
>>
>>67850836
>>67851520
>>67851566
>>67851690

>Disagreeing with me is reddit!

>Nuh-uh, you're reddit!

>Nice try...uh...redditor!

WHEN WILL THESE RETARDED EXCHANGES END?? KILL YOURSELVES
>>
File: walking-dead-merle-in-car.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
walking-dead-merle-in-car.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1200
>>67848034
Never understood people who still took this garbage show seriously since S02.
What the fuck did you expect? What did you think is gonna change? You thought they'd spend more money on this shite even tho viewers are 3 times as big since it started?
You thought they'd hire competent writers instead of cheap "let's redo that it's going to work the the 100th time! people love it!" hacks?

Been watching it since it started, loved s01, hated the ending, s02 killed it for me and I've been watching it as a guilty pleasure coma inducing entertainment ever since.
>>
>cliffhanger consist in kill Glenn without can see it
>all community already know is Glenn to die
>producer oversee community
>producer decide to change Glenn with some other charachter
>community get mad
>>
>>67852049
left of the character who receives the beating
>>
>>67852058

Bring back Shane as the Punisher, playing Neegan.
>>
>>67852057

When you go to a different website.
>>
>>67852058
You're not wrong. The writing got progressively worse after season 2. I stopped watching it after the Governor had been in it for a while because at that point I was just bored. It took major depression giving me the willingness to watch mindless garbage because it's easier to pick it back up and enjoy it the second time round.
>>
File: line-up order.png (483 KB, 882x261) Image search: [Google]
line-up order.png
483 KB, 882x261
>>67852096

So, Aaron?
>>
>>67852066
I'm leaning towards Daryl simply because he's become disconnected with the only person he had a strong interpersonal relationship with and only exists now to help out in combat and the fact that AMC because the trashy view whores they are will want to go against the comics narrative to stir up more conversation
>>
>it's a rick gets swept off his feet episode, because he slept in the police academy
>>
>>67852185
that would be stupid, his and carls interaction last night was cringey. but you maybe right.
>>
>>67849035
how fucking backwards is america?
the fucked up shit they show in twd and they can't say fuck. who decides this shit, who is able to watch people be graphically murdered in all sorts of ways but gets offended at the word fuck. it boggles my mind
>>
File: 1459776072741.png (178 KB, 348x557) Image search: [Google]
1459776072741.png
178 KB, 348x557
>>67849682
>>
There really needs to be a re-shoot for the dvd
>>
>>67850880
>1/10

Memer
>>
>it's your last day on earth

>no... it's YOUR last day on earth

>no..... it's y-your last day on earth

>no

what a shitty fucking exchange

At least Morgan finally got with the fucking program re: people who want to kill him and his friends.
>>
>>67852296

Is that Freddie Mercury?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.