[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people on /tv/ right now who unironically think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: top critic.png (22 KB, 346x220) Image search: [Google]
top critic.png
22 KB, 346x220
>There are people on /tv/ right now who unironically think that pic related is a valid criticism
>>
File: James.png (307 KB, 361x501) Image search: [Google]
James.png
307 KB, 361x501
You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
Did all the reviewers just turn their brains off?
>>
It's a glib facsimile
>>
>>67843409
>Fanboys do not own the franchises of Batman and Superman movies, so director Zack Snyder went against the mob and dared to raise the genre to a level of adult sophistication in 2013’s Man of Steel, the most emotionally powerful superhero movie ever made. (Fanboys hated it.)
>>
>>67843348
Its a fun world
>>
>>67842768
bitch doesn't know fun tbhwy
>>
>>67842768
>it's another manchildren whine about superhero movies thread
/cpsht/ fucking when?
>>
The movie is trash and you have no taste either way
>>
>In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture’s current decay. Man of Steel was a magnificent, hugely satisfying response to what’s often missing in pop culture, and Batman v Superman raises more ideas without (yet) resolving them. An attempt to invoke other superheroes from the DC Comics stable, starting with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot, accompanied by tribal drums that recall Snyder’s overawed feminist fantasia, Sucker Punch), ultimately goes unfulfilled. And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.
>>
>>67842768
I'm confused. Is she saying it's good, or is she saying it's bad?
>>
>>67844759
I don't know.
She should've just called it "Yawn of Justice" and pretend she made the pun up herself.
>>
File: Cry.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
Cry.png
255 KB, 770x711
>Judging an entire review based on the preview
>S-stop making fun of the movie I like
Never change DCucks
>>
>>67844106
>going against the target audience
seems like great idea
>>
>>67843348
I do quite hate it, tbhwy James
>>
>>67842768
>fun
ahhh that old buzzword
>>
>>67842768
How about you pick any of the other reviews saying it's awful
there are some pretty brutal ones
>>
>>67843348
>le voice of reason man
>>
>praise it
>still rotten because not much fun lol
>>
>>67842768
If a movie about comic book super heroes isn't fun what the fuck is it?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.