[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this, I am so fucking lost in all this. I know nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Just watched this, I am so fucking lost in all this. I know nothing about superman and very little about batman besides the old show and the other movies.

Why did this movie feel like it didnt know where to start or finish.
>>
Because you are the kind of person that gets confused by cape flicks and can't post in another BvS thread.
>>
Unpopular opinion: I very much liked BvS.

In very, very short it failed critically because for "regular movie goers" accustomed to marvel lighthearted style of superhero movie it was like a visit in oncology ward after a trip to amusement park.

People crave escapism in cinema nowadays, and this was grim, dark and depressing take on genre.

Also a snowball effect of bad reviews, because, well old Daredevil stands with 44% on RT. Come. On.

It was quite decent, not a horrid mess many seem to make it.
>>
>>67841829
This movie wasn't that bad, the problem is that they producers were more worried about setting up other movies (justice league) than actually making a good movie.

Also batman starts killing people out of nowhere with no explanation, made no sense to me.
>>
>>67842992
This had the opposite effect on me, I liked it but I thought it was made for the casual movie goer who doesn't know when a film is poorly made and likes movies because they are """"good""""
>>
Because there are 30 minutes of the movie taken out, possibly more. It's watered down to secure a PG-13 rating. Also no normie is going to want to sit down for 3+ hours.
>>
>>67844069
They aren't making Ben-Hur, this is capeshit and has no reason being 3 hours. If you can't get a cohesive story done in 2 hours than you are a shit director.

Way too much of this movie is bogged down by useless messiah imagery where actual character development could of taken place.
>>
>>67843892
if I pull that mask off, will you die?
>>
>>67842992
Zack Synder only knows how to portray a story as incoherently as possible, he can it pretty in the process but that's the extent of his ability really
Pair that with the studio needing to use it to push the upcoming DC films and you get what happened
I liked Ben Affleck as Batman better than most of the past ones though, so there was that & I hope if they do a solo film, they'll keep Snyder far away from it

To add on to that, waaayyy too much criticism comes from the whole "wahhh they kill people" bit as though this is something that has never happened in multiple major storylines for both Batman and Superman (happened with Man of Steel too, so many reviews revolving around how our sweet summer child superman broke someone's neck :((( instead of, you know, MoS being only slightly less mangled than BvS)
>>
>>67841829

It starts where MoS ended and ends with Supes death.

How is this so hard to understand?
>>
All the actors are really good except maybe Wonder Woman
It's just that the movie was boring, pretentious garbage
>>
>>67841829
because it is a pleb filter, designed to weed out those with low cognitive bandwidth
>>
>>67841829
It feels that way because this movie is a 2+ hours of teasers for upcoming movies. There's so much crammed into this film that even dreams sequences had dreams inside them to further expose plot points for movies that is not the one you were watching. Let's hope the next ones won't need to do that.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.