[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he bother putting on the mask if nobody saw him? Wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: driver face.jpg (142 KB, 1108x1001) Image search: [Google]
driver face.jpg
142 KB, 1108x1001
Why did he bother putting on the mask if nobody saw him?

Wouldn't the gangsters have freaked out and shot him if they saw some freaking weirdo in a mask staring at them?

Nino doesn't know what Driver looks like, so Nino could realistically think "ah it's just some dumb fuck who doesn't realise we're closed."
>>
>>67839659
Because the audience wouldn't care who he was till he put the mask on.
>>
>>67839659
Nino DOES know what he looks like, because he met them all at the garage. Chris the pimp also would have told him.
>>
>>67839759
>because he met them all at the garage.

Except he didn't meet or see Driver
>>
But nino did know what he looked like.

And it's to signify a full conversion into his psychotic scorpion side, as he realizes his dream to be a hollywood hero, thus the lighting and the unfitting blissful music. He was never able to be anything other than a stunt double, so he lived out his fantasies as the driver.
>what are you gonna do, huh? Ho best those guys up for me?

That's why the last he sees of the girl is when he gives her a goodbye kiss before making the change.

In other words this director is about the themes, and not as much about the logic. If you watch the follow uo film he made to this, that becomes very clear
>>
>>67839898
AAAAAND A REEEEAAL HERO~
REEEAAL HU-MAN BEING~
>>
>>67839659
god damn that's some of the worst fucking CGI i've ever seen. who is that supposed to be? it looks like a mix between stone cold steve austin and ben kingsley.
>>
>>67839659
>Why did he bother putting on the mask if nobody saw him?

Because he's a big guy.

For you
>>
>>67839743
He's a big actor
>>
Gonna need you fags to recommend me shit like this and Nightcrawler
>>
Nobody knew who he was before he put on the mask
>>
>>67840120

So you're saying... he put on the mask so that people WOULD know who he is?

BRILLIANT MIND-BLOWING IRONY

BRAVO REFN
R
A
V
O
>>
>>67840108
yeah ITT movies related
>>
>>67840108
Only God Forgives
End of Watch
>>
>>67840011
lol goddamnit

how the fuck is that still funny
>>
>>67840229
>>67840108
dont even know what you mean. neo-noir? the pseudo-revivalist stuff? stuff like to live and die in la (which im about to watch right now)?
>>
>>67840278
literally anything from that scene makes me laugh
>>
File: themask.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
themask.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>67840187
>>
>>67839659
Simple: Autism
A real human being and a hero
>>
>>67840108
The Guest, I'd highly recommend it if you like Drive
>>
>>67840413
xD
>>
>>67839953
>not saying "human bean"

you fucked up
>>
>>67839990
it's not cgi you autist
>>
>>67839898
wheres the follow up film?
>>
In order to commit a crime he had to mask his emotions.

He had to deny what it is be human to do immoral things

That is what it means to be immoral

That is what it means to drive
>>
File: images[1].jpg (131 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
131 KB, 720x1080
>>67840813
As long as you go in knowing the story to oedipus you shouldn't be as confused as most retarded critics are.

Not that it doesn't have flaws. It has a lot. Really well shot though.
>>
>>67839659
Do you at least get why he's putting a mask on, thematically
He's a superhero
Drive is Literally capeshit
>>
I get the whole scorpion and the frog thing, and I get why it had to happen

but it's still my only problem with an otherwise masterpiece. It just felt so dumb for him to meet up with him and get stabbed like a chump. Follow up scene was umph though
>>
because refn is an anti semite

the aryan skinhead kills the jew by baptizing him in the pacific ocean
>>
>>67839659
Because he can't tell the future. How would he know if someone would see him or not before he goes through with it? Better safe than sorry.
>>
he put on the mask because he's a fucking psychopath
>>
>I won't call the cops
>I wish you did
Why did she say this?
>>
>>67843784
I cant remember. Was she a slut or married?
>>
>>67843709
Well that is a very logical reason
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.