[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw BvS, can confirm that Jesse wasn't that bad and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: Jesse_Eisenberg[1].jpg (797 KB, 1536x2304) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Eisenberg[1].jpg
797 KB, 1536x2304
Just saw BvS, can confirm that Jesse wasn't that bad and the over-all movie was a solid 7/10 at the least.
>>
No one cares about your middle-of-the-road opinion
>>
>>67835705
>middle of the road

Not even. I liked it. 7/10 is a good rating.

6/10 is above average.
>>
Definitely much less cringey than I was expecting, but I still thought his performance didn't really work. Him and supes on the helipad was awesome, the ding ding ding scene kinda sucked.
>>
>>67836125
Virtually every single thing that I heard people complain about was wrong, except the Flash dream sequence. That was really weird.
>>
>>67835619
ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
>>
>>67835619
Ah an anon with no taste I see, good day to you sir

He was literally the worst part of the movie.
>>
>>67835619

7/10 but Jessie was a little too OTT for me
>>
>>67836565

It may surprise you, but your opinion on other people's opinion doesn't change their opinion, or make yours look any better.
>>
is there any non camrip torrents out yet
>>
>>67835619
Fuck off Jesse
>>
Cool, thanks Brendan :p
>>
Haha, whatever, shill.
>>
>>67835619
Just finished watching the movie about an hour ago. I didn't hate it. I thought that there was a lot of cool ideas, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it at all if I didn't already understand the DC universe.

I really think that Zack Snyder and the editor fucked this movie. Could have been awesome. Left the theater really lukewarm.
>>
>>67836565
And the rest of the movie was pretty great.

Him being the worst part doesn't make him awful, idiot.
>>
>>67836125
blame the studio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>67836652
Yes I know it's quite unfortunate. Still I feel I have to try though.
>>
>>67836822
>And the rest of the movie was pretty great
Just stop with this meme already. It's an objectively terrible movie. You're not fooling anyone by being contrarian. Even normies like my brother and classmates at uni thought it was terrible.
>>
>>67836813
>and the editor

People keep saying it was poorly edited, except it really wasn't. I could tell what was going on essentially through-out, and it was very competently shot. There weren't too many memorable shots, but Snyder isn't really that sort of a director. His method is less auteur and more...visceral?
>>
>>67836896
>It's an objectively terrible movie

Then everyone should "objectively" hate it, retard, but they don't.

>You're not fooling anyone by being contrarian

There were moments in the film where I was questioning how the rest of the movie would unravel, and even parts where it was so disjointed that I was wondering how it would come together, but it literally all just fell into place, because I wasn't an autistic faggot who judged the movie before it finished.
>>
>>67836207
They put that in because they want it to pay off in another movie, still
>>
>>67836964
>Then everyone should "objectively" hate it, retard, but they don't
You're right, they just subjectively hate it. But there is such a thing as objectivity, and even if there wasn't, the overwhelming general consensus is that it's terrible.
>>
>>67836997
Obviously. I'm questioning why they decided to put it in a dream. And if it wasn't, I'm wondering why they chose to make him wake up *again* right after the vision finished.
>>
>>67836911
It was scattered. The editing didn't have a handle on the passage of time. It was just a series of close up shots on faces mixed with incidental scenes meant to set up other films.
>>
File: marvel.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
>>67836896
>STOP LIKING THIS MOVIE
>>
>>67837027
Cool, I don't care about the consensus, because they're wrong, I liked it.

That's that.
>>
>>67837041
speedforce, it's vague as fuck
>>
>>67837068
I'm neither a Marvel nor DC fanboy. I agree with most posters here that critics let Marvel get away with too much shit (Age of Ultron was just as bad as BvS). I say this with absolutely no bias: BvS is terrible.
>>
>>67837042
It had a bigger handle on the passage of time than The Revenant did. I only figured out that it was supposed to take place over the course of months AFTER I left the theater and talked with other people about it.

Not saying BvS is better than the Revenant, but that's one thing I certainly didn't have trouble with in BvS.
>>
>>67837095

the hell is it only 35%? that movie is brilliant
>>
>>67837042
>It was just a series of close up shots on faces

Sort of like The Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>67837145
it's easily better than AoU on visual and acting alone
>>
>>67835619
I agree with OP
>>
that man is disgusting human garbage
>>
>>67837270
Just like BvS. Critics are basically hipsters and redditors
>>
>>67837439
how come?
>>
>>67837575
because he's smug/jewish/reminds me of mark zuckerberg
>>
>>67837575
also a shitty typecast actor who does that stupid monotone "I'm just an average guy" shtick, that scott pilgrim child does it better
>>
>>67837790
MARK, ZUCKERBERG
>>
>>67837845
he's annoying right
>>
>>67835619
I wanted to like it OP, I ignored the bad reviews. I almost walked out part way. That was a terrible movie, flat characters and over the top action that somehow managed to bore the fuck out of me. 2/10 if I'm feeling generous. I can't say anything against the actors though, I don't think they were at fault.
>>
>>67835619
these movies are shit, ben affleck sucks, jesse eisenberg sucks, ryan reynolds in deadpool, FUCK ryan reynolds

these actors are latent homosexual douchebags
>>
>>67838007
>flat characters

You realize that's literally wrong though by the definition of "flat", right?

Superman and Batman both change throughout it.
>>
>>67835619
The bells have been rung! Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
>>
>>67838090

Lex too.

I feel that people nowadays only pay attention to dialogue. They ignore the very acting as in actions, mannerisms, imagery and such as a way to pass information about a character. Characters need to state what they're all about for people to understand it.
>>
>>67836911
>His method is less auteur and more...visceral?
>auteur

nigga GTFO with your harry potter bullshit. movie sucked and snyder sucks
>>
>>67837042
Can you give an example? Preferably something other than El Flasho? What part were you confused about the passage of time?
>>
>>67835619
okay mr "my opinion on this shit movie matters" critic, lets throw in your positive score for BvS with the rest of the personal reviews :)

lets see....

calculating....

ah okay, still at a 5/10 average :) good day now
>>
>>67838477
Wow that's some butthurt you got there.

Let's throw your personal opinion in with the rest of the lot (still calculating) Ahh, here we go, no one who liked the movie cares what you think :) good day now
>>
>>67838539
I am so sorry that DC lost again, friend.

I am so sorry that it has a 29% on RT

I am so sorry that even the fanboys are hovering below 70% everywhere

I am so sorry that average ratings are 5/10

I am so sorry that BvS wont even make 1 billion

maybe next time, pick the winning side.
>>
>>67838643
Lol, why?
>>
>>67838643
>maybe next time, pick the winning side

Funny you should mention that.

Keep crying Marvel Fag. ;^)
>>
>>67838217
NOT MUH LEX
>>
>>67835619
The film is designed for people to react differently to Lex, Superman, and Batman depending on their frame of mind.
Notice how almost everyone here despises Lex, when ironically he's /tv/+/fa/+/r9k/+/b/ incarnate. These people see too much of themselves on the character.
>>
>aww man the forgot my standin' box
>>
>>67839502
That's a load of horse shit. Lex was the weakest character, due to editing or otherwise. You're saying people despise themselves and/or project their own character traits into the movies and characters they watch, instead of more simply and accurately identifying with characters and developing attachments in the process. Your opinion may be accurate if you're talking about yourself but falls on its face when you think so with regards to a larger number of people.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.